Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,300

    Entertainment Dept.

    I would love to hear about your audition experience! From the moment you walked in to the very end. Did it go well? Was it a disaster? Did you have fun? Did anything unusual happen? Looking forward to hearing some great stories.

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    Doesn't anyone out there have a story to tell? I thought for sure there would be lots of interesting stories.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    948

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    i have been to several auditions but i have had no luck. Always talk to a bunch of interesting people who come from other states hoping to get in so they can move to socal. but auditions have always been fun and nerve wrecking at the same time. i have auditioned for electircal parade a few times, i went to the original auditions for the 50th parade and shows, and have done auditions since then for them, i have also been to innovention auditions were my friend who went with me decided to be well almost drunk like. for example when they asked us if we had any experiance in entertainment she said only when she was drunk, and then we all had to do some sort of monologue that they gave us and when i told her to break a leg so acted like she fell and when asked if she was ok, she told them that i told her to break a leg. then another girl at the audition leaned over to me and told me sorry, sorry for being with her.

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    i have been to several auditions but i have had no luck. Always talk to a bunch of interesting people who come from other states hoping to get in so they can move to socal. but auditions have always been fun and nerve wrecking at the same time. i have auditioned for electircal parade a few times, i went to the original auditions for the 50th parade and shows, and have done auditions since then for them, i have also been to innovention auditions were my friend who went with me decided to be well almost drunk like. for example when they asked us if we had any experiance in entertainment she said only when she was drunk, and then we all had to do some sort of monologue that they gave us and when i told her to break a leg so acted like she fell and when asked if she was ok, she told them that i told her to break a leg. then another girl at the audition leaned over to me and told me sorry, sorry for being with her.
    That's funny! Thanks for sharing. Have they ever given you a reason as to why you didn't get in the parade?

  5. #5

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    This could get lengthy as my entire day was a 10 hour experience.
    I am one of those people who flew to FL for a weekend to audition for entertainment. I arrived at the venue, filled out my paperwork and had my height measured. The entire lot of us was given a pep talk and told that the audition would be in 3 parts. For the first part they taught us a 2 eight count routine which was pas de bourree's with arm motions. We were put in 2 lines at one end of the room and had to perform this routine across the floor. This was done according to height so the short ones like me went first. There was a "Disney" person almost at the end of the room who was putting people on either the right side or the left side of the room. After my height was done the people grouped in one side of the room was kept, the other left. We sat on the bleachers as the other groups performed.

    Next we were taught a harder routine it was around 8 counts of eight and it was taught quickly. We were broken up into groups of 6 people to perform in front of the judges. Once again the people kept waited on the bleachers, the others went home. The third part paired 2 people together for a speechless animation exercise. One person was whispered a task (making pancakes, diapering a baby) and had to begin. The other person had to figure out what was being done and join the activity. This was repeated. Once again, some to the bleachers and some home.

    Next was the most difficult part for me, waiting. Management from the parks discussed what height ranges they needed. Some people were cast to a park and even after going through all that some were sent home because there were no slots available for that height range.

    Hope that helps a little. Remember I auditioned over 10 years ago so I am sure the format has changed. That's just what happened to me when I auditioned.

  6. #6

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    4,029

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    that closely resembles how it is now at disneyland. except the dance in the first round is 4 counts of 8. if it's a dance audition after that they'll either do a 2nd round with a harder dance routine or go onto the lyrical dance, or sometimes straight to the lyrical dance.

    for character auditions the routine's probably a little bit easier than the dance audition and then they do activities in the later rounds like blindfold(or paper plate covering the face) acting, mouth taped shut acting, etc.. they'll also actually try on some costumes to see if people fit them well enough

  7. #7

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    When I auditioned there was no differentiation between parades, greetings, breakfast. Shows was the only different department. When I first started you were just chosen for parade roles via your initial audition. I did go to a completely seperate audition when we opened Fantasmic! in FL. That one had nail biter results as they took about 2 weeks to come out. I do know that so much has changed since I auditioned and that the process is different on each coast.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    948

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    i have never been told a specific reason why i didnt get it. they just say that we can not use you at this time speech.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    This could get lengthy as my entire day was a 10 hour experience.
    I am one of those people who flew to FL for a weekend to audition for entertainment. I arrived at the venue, filled out my paperwork and had my height measured. The entire lot of us was given a pep talk and told that the audition would be in 3 parts. For the first part they taught us a 2 eight count routine which was pas de bourree's with arm motions. We were put in 2 lines at one end of the room and had to perform this routine across the floor. This was done according to height so the short ones like me went first. There was a "Disney" person almost at the end of the room who was putting people on either the right side or the left side of the room. After my height was done the people grouped in one side of the room was kept, the other left. We sat on the bleachers as the other groups performed.


    Next we were taught a harder routine it was around 8 counts of eight and it was taught quickly. We were broken up into groups of 6 people to perform in front of the judges. Once again the people kept waited on the bleachers, the others went home. The third part paired 2 people together for a speechless animation exercise. One person was whispered a task (making pancakes, diapering a baby) and had to begin. The other person had to figure out what was being done and join the activity. This was repeated. Once again, some to the bleachers and some home.

    Next was the most difficult part for me, waiting. Management from the parks discussed what height ranges they needed. Some people were cast to a park and even after going through all that some were sent home because there were no slots available for that height range.

    Hope that helps a little. Remember I auditioned over 10 years ago so I am sure the format has changed. That's just what happened to me when I auditioned.
    Thanks for sharing! That is a longgggggg audition process. What show or parades were you in?

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    that closely resembles how it is now at disneyland. except the dance in the first round is 4 counts of 8. if it's a dance audition after that they'll either do a 2nd round with a harder dance routine or go onto the lyrical dance, or sometimes straight to the lyrical dance.

    for character auditions the routine's probably a little bit easier than the dance audition and then they do activities in the later rounds like blindfold(or paper plate covering the face) acting, mouth taped shut acting, etc.. they'll also actually try on some costumes to see if people fit them well enough
    Almandot,
    Have you been cast in a parade or show?

  11. #11

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    I no longer work for WDW but I did
    Parades:
    Mickey Mania
    SpectroMagic
    25th Anniversary Parade (later renamed Remember the Magic)
    Easter Parade ('96, '97. '98)
    Christmas Parade ('95, '96, '97)

    Mulan Parade at the Studios

    Shows:
    Character Luau at the Polynesian
    DisneyMania (castle)
    Every Day's A Holiday (castle)
    Galaxy Search
    Christmas Show
    Fantasmic!

    I've also been able to appear on several TV shows and commercials.

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I no longer work for WDW but I did
    Parades:
    Mickey Mania
    SpectroMagic
    25th Anniversary Parade (later renamed Remember the Magic)
    Easter Parade ('96, '97. '98)
    Christmas Parade ('95, '96, '97)

    Mulan Parade at the Studios

    Shows:
    Character Luau at the Polynesian
    DisneyMania (castle)
    Every Day's A Holiday (castle)
    Galaxy Search
    Christmas Show
    Fantasmic!

    I've also been able to appear on several TV shows and commercials.
    Wow!!! Looks like you had alot of fun!!!!! Have you ever consider going back? Were you a character, dancer or both. Sorry for all the questions I'm an entertainment junkie. I would love to peform myself but I think I might be to old.
    Thanks for all your input.

  13. #13

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    I would never go back in the entertainment capacity, a few things I did messed up my back. I was just regular old entertainment. Equity (KOK) only performed in shows, they didn't do parades. Depending on the day for a parade I could either be in fur, a dancer or an MC. Shows I was only ever fur (except Christmas which had entertainment dance roles and equity dance roles)

  14. #14

    • n/a
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    Anyone know the height ranges for the characters, fuzzy and face?
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks



  15. #15

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Entertainment Dept.

    Pretty much, yes. If there's one in question I only need make a phone call. PM me Demento. (some things I like to keep "magical" even though we know. I still go to the park and get excited to see Mickey Mouse.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Recent Health Dept Inspection Results
    By OldSchoolMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 09:26 PM
  2. Club 33 Health Dept Inspections Uh-oh!
    By PirateMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 06:58 PM
  3. Health Dept inspection results for DL
    By PirateMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 08:35 PM
  4. Entertainment Dept.- DL vs. WDW
    By kcw in forum Break Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 03:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •