Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Extended!

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Time Extended!

Just curious, how long can Disney extend you to? I heard up to an 8 hour shift.

:\

im gettin extended like hell without a choice, i hate it!
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Minion

Re: Time Extended!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post

Possibly as long as it doesn't conflict with you availability schedule.

Check with your schedulers (stage and central) and area manager.

• Minion

Are they letting you know at least 2hrs in advance? If not, they can't extend you (and you have the option of saying no if less than 2hrs before your original shift is over)

ive worked 18 hours

• Fastest Man Alive

You can be extended up to 8 hours without a choice. The park must give 2 hours notice when it is known that the shift will be extended. Things happen, the area is suddenly busier, or a bunch of folks don't show up for their shifts etc., without 2 hour notice.
    You CAN get extended beyond 8 hour shifts, but usually these are the result of extraordinary circumstances. Instances would include, the park hours being extended (and every CM who is closing the park has to stay an hour later) or whatnot. But, you are not supposed to be mandatory extended above 8 hours due to shortstaffing.
    In short, in general- Disney can usually mandatory extend you to 8 hours. Sometimes 9.

Quote Originally Posted by alix View Post
    ive worked 18 hours
    Good lord!! 18 hours! That is outrageous. ODV always gets extended during summer hours. I would never plan anything after my normal work day. Once i worked until 5am and had to be back in the park at 3:00pm the next/same day. Yikes, and this is driving from Santa Monica and back. They should have given me a room at the Grand Ca. Now that's an idea that will never fly..

• Mickey Mouse Slave

yeah, i cant imagine forced to work 12+ hours. Thats just insane.

Though im starting to get pretty mad with the people who assigns the roles for the next day have favorism. Many times, I find myself having a switched schedule with someone else. :\

I find my shift which wasnt needed, the leads gave the ER to someone else and made ME do the shift. :\ Its been happening A LOT where many people were getting their favorite "Shifts"

getting tired of it. Oh well, the only thing i LOVE to work at Disneyland is Guest interactions. That will never go wrong!

• Minion

yeah, i cant imagine forced to work 12+ hours. Thats just insane.

Though im starting to get pretty mad with the people who assigns the roles for the next day have favorism. Many times, I find myself having a switched schedule with someone else. :\

I find my shift which wasnt needed, the leads gave the ER to someone else and made ME do the shift. :\ Its been happening A LOT where many people were getting their favorite "Shifts"

getting tired of it. Oh well, the only thing i LOVE to work at Disneyland is Guest interactions. That will never go wrong!
    It's not entirely clear what you're complaining about, besides lots of things.

Seniority get CM's their preferences ahead of newer CM's. How long have you been there. Of course, with turnover, you can get seniority fairly fast.

What is your availaibility ? The wider it is the more ability they have to move you around and they will if they have to.

What is your preference and priority ? Hours, Location ? They will try and get you what you want most but it may mean sacrificing the other factors.

And ER's and Extends are just a fact of CM life. Sometime you many need one and be grateful that it's available.

And it's summer. Every issue is exacerbated by the longer park hours and CM turnover. Gotta learn to live with it or go somewhere else.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I've done 12+ a couple of times too. The hours are the only reason my department's non-union, since there's really no way to get around having to do a 12+ sometimes.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Banned User

I loved working 8+ hour shifts. Overtime is awesome.

I'm sure many people enjoy being extended because of the overtime they get. It shows that Disney is willing pay the higher wage in order to keep the park nice and staffed.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I worked for 12 hours everyday FOR ONE WEEK!! the paycheck was nice, but I wasn't going to THAT again!!!

I also work 18 hours one time!!! I was a closer and did overtime for Grad Nite. Stayed the whole time until 6:30 A.M. I was dead tired by the end of my shift.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    It's not entirely clear what you're complaining about, besides lots of things.

Seniority get CM's their preferences ahead of newer CM's. How long have you been there. Of course, with turnover, you can get seniority fairly fast.

What is your availaibility ? The wider it is the more ability they have to move you around and they will if they have to.

What is your preference and priority ? Hours, Location ? They will try and get you what you want most but it may mean sacrificing the other factors.

And ER's and Extends are just a fact of CM life. Sometime you many need one and be grateful that it's available.

And it's summer. Every issue is exacerbated by the longer park hours and CM turnover. Gotta learn to live with it or go somewhere else.
    well, noticed a lot of changes today. I think a lot of the CM were gonna complain to the managers.

Basically its like this, this one CM, always gets the location he/she wants. For example, always getting relief shifts rather than the original schedule shift. Then give orignal scheduled shift to someone else. It has happened for the past month. Im always in the same place because the same few people are always on the good shifts leaving ME with the bad shifts.

GRRRRRR.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

for grad nite they had me on like a 21 hour shift .....8 am till 4:45 am !! never again....and of course i had to be back in the next day by 10 am....at least i got a TON of doubleback pay!!

the worst extension theyve ever forced upon me is 4 hours, but yes, they can do 8 if they give you "proper notice"
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I feel for you, Space Junk! I worked one week around Christmas starting on double back and ending on it...never getting off in the middle. I was working my regular 10 hour shift plus parade rehearsals. I got a lovely check...and then slept for all of January!

• That Guy

That is unreal that they can force you to stay late!

What about single parents, or students who have other things to do? What if you have a plane to catch, etc? That is crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast