Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SM CM Previews

Exclamation SM CM Previews

Space Mountain Cast Member Only Test Rides are scheduled for June 19,20,28 and 29.

dates are subject to change

• Banned User

You lucky lucky boys and girls!!!

• Wonderful World

Someone should sneak me on

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

where did you see this??? I asked at the team center, and they told me we weren't having any.

• Defeats the Huns

It's from the Cast Member Portal, which is an internet home page just for Cast Members.

But really, shouldn't have posted this at all. Because it's just cruel to be teasing all those who have to wait until July.

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

okay i found it on the portal, but it isn't a preview, it's "testing." Most likely, the majority of the effects won't be on, just like last time.

can someone please explain to me... why -a month before opening-...all effects are not on during CM preview/testing rides? (you get alot of CMs then going online...whether here or MI boards...or wherever.... chatting away (because many were unaware there were pertinent effects not on) with things like ..."it wasn't that great... there were hardly any new effects", "it wasn't worth the 2 year plus wait", etc., and then -thus- setting the tone/rumor for people to be let down. It just seems to me... that if they're gonna test and/or preview... (and they have to know CMs are gonna be the first to start talking and getting the word out there)... they might as well have every effect fully going at the time. (I find it kinda hard to believe that within a month of opening and after 2 plus years that the effects aren't 'ready' yet to going fully operational (and then if they're not, do they, in fact, tell the CMs...so they know??...cause I read a few posts..not so much here...but more over on MI Boards with alot of disappointing reactions... the whole, "it's hardly different... they're weren't that many new effects... I thought there were supposed to be projections coming at you while you were in space", etc... kinda-comments. At least if the CMs were informed... then they'd know and understand.
    Last edited by Tigger68; 06-18-2005 at 12:46 AM. Reason: left out something

• Defeats the Huns

It's because it's just a TESTING... more of a testing of the CREW.
    Therefore the effects inside the mountain don't actually need to be on. This is just a way to get the space mountain cast members used to working with real people on the attraction.

but I was referring to reactions that took place from CMs who rode during previews last week.... (not Space Mountain CMs)... or were those previews looked at as the same way?.. as testings?

• Banned User

most likely different effects will be on during the testing days... the last day of CM testing most effects might be on.... that way thy can get different perspectives and see how everyone reacts to the different effects and them running at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Arilvdc
    where did you see this??? I asked at the team center, and they told me we weren't having any.
    my manager's manager told me

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

Couple Questions. I was just hired so I'm not completely sure on how everything works. On the Portal, they list a hotline to call for details on the SM previews. Where do I call this number from? how am I supposed to get ahold of them? Is there a regular phone number, or just that extension? Second, am I able to go test ride it on a day that I am not working? If so, how would I go about getting backstage? Would I need to wear just my ID or would I need my name badge too? Thanks for putting up with all of my stupid questions.

• Gay Man

Sooooo, CM's only or are guests of CM's invited too?

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

anyone, please?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I can answer one question- all that is needed to get backstage when you are not working is your ID- security has no way of knowing if you are schueduled or not, they follow the same procedures to check out everyone.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast