Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Termination Question

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    proverbial butt.
    That's a proverb nowadays?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I don't know... I'm tired and I'm old. Bite me.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Do I seem familiar?

Let me clarify:

In my time at the resort, I did not know anyone with a no-rehire status. And a good number of folks I knew were terminated due to attendance issues (usually family problems and conflicts with school schedules). Therefore, my response was naive in nature. I left with an acceptable record, so I didn't give it a second thought.

If you have a no-rehire status for criminal or safety reasons, I can understand that this would affect your ability to obtain a job at the corporate level. But I also think that it was possible to add this mark for reasons not related to criminal or safety reasons, perhaps considered on the cusp of benign (like not giving two full weeks notice).
    Last edited by Sam the iPod; 06-14-2007 at 08:32 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the iPod View Post
    Let me clarify:

In my time at the resort, I did not know anyone with a no-rehire status. And a good number of folks I knew were terminated due to attendance issues (usually family problems and conflicts with school schedules). Therefore, my response was naive in nature. I left with an acceptable record, so I didn't give it a second thought.

If you have a no-rehire status for criminal or safety reasons, I can understand that this would affect your ability to obtain a job at the corporate level. But I also think that it was possible to add this mark for reasons not related to criminal or safety reasons, perhaps considered on the cusp of benign (like not giving two full weeks notice).
    Lack of sufficient notice is more likely to get you a restricted rehire unless there were other issues.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Yup, lack of notice is "rescreen for commitment" or last I remember it since I had that a long time ago. I don't know if they call it the same now or if it's a different term they use.
    Burnt Toast

• Former Cast Member

Ok, get this. When I worked at the Pi back in 2000-2001, I was working 80 hours a week between the 2 jobs, to the point of utter exhaustion. I finally decided to put in my 2 week notice over the phone with scheduling. I remember the girl told me she would take care of it and pass along the info, which she did. Something came up where I could not fullfill my 2 week notice and the following week I called in again and told them I was terminating and they accepted it (again I called scheduling). A few weeks later I got a letter, which I still have today, from costuming department stating that if I wanted to retain my rehire status, I would have to turn in my costume, which I did. So everything was cool!!

Last December I got rehired back at the PI, as part of the weekend only program. I thought my current job would allow me to work at Disneyland on the weekends only w/o scheduling me on weekends, at least that is what I was told by my supervisor. This worked well for a month, but I saw my future schedule at my regular job and I was scheduled to work several upcoming weekends. I asked my co workers to help me out, but no takers. Since my regular job is my bread and butter, I could not call in sick there, so I put my 2 week notice in sometime in January. Mind you, I only had to serve 4 days total. Well the first weekend I was sick with bronchitis and the following weekend I was scheduled to work at my regular job, so I called one of the supervisors at the PI and she accepted my term, but stated that she would give me a no rehire. he same situation here with 2 different outcomes, none of this makes sense to me. It is defintely a double standard in my book, not doing the same thing for both situations, but again I am not in Disney mgmt and they are the ones to make these decisions.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

With any decision with separations... it's all really up to your managers.

At the Disneyland Hotel I had to quit on the spot, I came in before my shift the day after Thanksgiving, and I told one of my managers that I didn't want to quit but I had to quit and could not work my shift. I was in tears.

That manager did not give me no-rehire.

The first time I had quit I had to short out one day from my two weeks notice. My manager didn't really like me very much (I was very vocal and outspoken) and I wound up getting a rescreen for commitment.
    Burnt Toast

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Lack of sufficient notice is more likely to get you a restricted rehire unless there were other issues.
    Most likely, of course, but not impossible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123