Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Former Cast Member

Termination Question

I terminated this past January and to this day, I still have not received a letter from casting, explaining that I do not have a no rehire, etc.... I remember in the past, they used to send out a letter acknowledging a termination and such. I called the other day and asked for casting records to find out if, in fact, I did have a no rehire on my record. The girl who answered the phone told me that we would have to go down to casting to find that out at their front desk. Always, after the fact, I start to analyze their philosophy on this and it just does not make sense. The casting dept. expects someone to drive from a possible long distance away just to find out if they have a no rehire, instead of getting this over the phone. They state it is because of privacy issue situation, but I think that is a load of BS. Also, if a person WERE to go down and find this out, they would also have to face the possibility of embarrassment in front of all the foot traffic that comes in and out of casting. This just does not make any sense whatsoever!!!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: Termination Question

I know privacy regulations can seem silly, but they really are for our own good. I've seen ex-husbands who still have the same last name able to pick up paychecks. My last job was at a hospital, where I actually saw someone come in and ask what room his daughter, ____, was in, then go to the back and try to snatch the kid. So as inconvenient as they may seem, they are there for a reason.

Also, if you are in a situation where you're considering re-hiring, you're abviously not THAT far away, and if you did something to get termed in the first place, possible embarassment is something you've just got to take on the chin. And I think you're giving the 16 year old kid at a job interview with torn jeans and a low-cut shirt (have you SEEN the people in casting lately?) too much credit if you think they're gonna care that you got termed.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I've quit four times from the Company (first time in 1999) and I've NEVER recieved a letter like that. It's your manager's duty to tell you (or you to find out if you think there might be an issue) if you are leaving with re-hire status or not.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    I've quit four times from the Company (first time in 1999) and I've NEVER recieved a letter like that. It's your manager's duty to tell you (or you to find out if you think there might be an issue) if you are leaving with re-hire status or not.

Are you still with the company???

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    The casting dept. expects someone to drive from a possible long distance away just to find out if they have a no rehire, instead of getting this over the phone. They state it is because of privacy issue situation, but I think that is a load of BS.
    Imagine if you had a no rehire with DL, and applied for another job. Many job applications ask if you have a 'no rehire' status with former employers being listed.

Since most companies do not give out that kind of personal employment information, some HR reps attempt to obtain it by falsely identifying themselves as the past employee. And if you've lied about having a 'no rehire' status on your application, you can pretty much kiss that job good-bye, once that employer learns otherwise.

So ask yourself again... do you want your former employers like the DLR giving out that kind of info over the phone, to someone they can't positively identify as being you?
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    Are you still with the company???
    I just rehired back in a few weeks ago in one of their new "Saturday/Sunday"-only CR positions.

When I got to Casting, they checked my re-hire status and I was told that I had no re-hire due to Garment Recovery issues with Costuming... which is lame because they said I had costumes from like 2002 when I had quit twice and re-hired back in once before since 2002 and it was never bought up like it was supposed to be before getting my final paychecks or being able to rehire back in before this time.

Got that cleared up with a Costuming manager and then went back the next day and got hired back into Attractions.

I had quit in 1999, 2004, and 2006 (okay three times) and had never gotten a letter from Casting after separation.
    Burnt Toast

• Cast Member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    I know privacy regulations can seem silly, but they really are for our own good. I've seen ex-husbands who still have the same last name able to pick up paychecks. My last job was at a hospital, where I actually saw someone come in and ask what room his daughter, ____, was in, then go to the back and try to snatch the kid. So as inconvenient as they may seem, they are there for a reason.

Also, if you are in a situation where you're considering re-hiring, you're abviously not THAT far away, and if you did something to get termed in the first place, possible embarassment is something you've just got to take on the chin. And I think you're giving the 16 year old kid at a job interview with torn jeans and a low-cut shirt (have you SEEN the people in casting lately?) too much credit if you think they're gonna care that you got termed.
    Here Here! Some times I am surprised by some of the cast members that actually get through the process.

WildBill

A loyal Disney fan & member of the Class of 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    Here Here! Some times I am surprised by some of the cast members that actually get through the process.
    I agree 100%!! It's very scary what gets through and it's such a dis-service to the guest and CM who do such a great job! This is what separates Disneyland from Six flags Magic Mountain.

• Creative Director

Does anyone here know the actual reasons for what would cause one to have a "no re-hire" status?

• Former Cast Member

some reasons that could lead to a no rehire are stealing fighting, sleeping on the job, and in my case not completing your 2 week notice.

• You Spin Me Right Round

sleeping on the job?? Does that happen often? I've always wanted to, but i've never heard of anyone doing it...

• Former Cast Member

It probably has happened, but I wouldn't know what locations. I know several bussers were fired for eating food w/o paying for it.

• You Spin Me Right Round

that happens a lot, not just bussers.

• Creative Director

Here's another question-
    if one was to recieve a no re-hire status, does that mean that they cannot be rehired by the walt disney company at all ever (in any division and/or level of the company), or simply not be rehired by the the Disneyland "Resort" itself? does that make sense?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

It's the entire Company, until you get it cleared or it's been a long enough time to "drop off".
    Burnt Toast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast