Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Feed the Ducks!

Re: Bus Drivers being laid off

Does that mean that we won't have to walk to K-lot if we get off at closing anymore?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

The shuttles don't run 24 hours anymore? Seriously wtf?

Does that chinese guy that used to sing while he's driving still there? He was a hoot.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post

Does that chinese guy that used to sing while he's driving still there? He was a hoot.
    They do. But whenever there is a huge cast turnover, such as shortly after park close. The shuttles are overwhelmed, and it is quicker to walk- so many do.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I used to never mind walking. It was nice to get a little bit of fresh air after being in a stuffy building all day.
    Burnt Toast

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    They do. But whenever there is a huge cast turnover, such as shortly after park close. The shuttles are overwhelmed, and it is quicker to walk- so many do.
    really? doesnt it take like 15 min to walk to K-Lot. The longest i ever waiting was probaly 10 min. They usually come and go really fast. usually sneak on and just stand rather than wait for a seat.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

walking is great but you gotta bring your tazer with you in case rabid Mcers are out

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland View Post
    Anthony is still here....at least for now.
    Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...........how I miss Anthony!! He was great with his like 8 ways of saying, "Goodbye", hahaha!! He even said that it was too early and that we should go drinking, for those of age, hahaha!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post

There are a couple of the drivers I'll miss, though. WATCH YOUR STEEEEEEEP! HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!
    Ha ha ha! Yeah, that's Jae! HAVE A GOOD EVENING, BYE!!
    I want my cake back!

• Cast Member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Alright everybody, Have a good night, drive home safely and Bah-bye! So Looong everybody! See yah tomorrow! Watch yourstep and see yah later! Bah-bye! and Good-nite!

I think his name was Anthony. He was great!
    His name still is Anthony and you're right, he is great!

WildBill

A loyal Disney fan & member of the Class of 2005!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    It seems the shuttlesrun like 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I got there like 3:00 in the morning and they were STILL running. Is there a time they were NOT running?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

That's what I mean... DLR is a 24-hour operation so I was surprised when someone made it seem like they don't run after a certain hour. I remember going out there at all hours of the night and they were still running.
    Burnt Toast

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    It seems the shuttlesrun like 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I got there like 3:00 in the morning and they were STILL running. Is there a time they were NOT running?
    Nope. They gotta run for the night crew.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Minion

The CM Shuttles are contracted out to Super Shuttle, the same people who run the airport shuttle van service. So those drivers can't be "fired", Disney would just fail to resign their contract with Super Shuttle and get another contractor to do it.

I've never had a problem with any of the shuttle drivers. It's the system and equipment that is pathetic. Some of those buses have been in service for 10 years now, and probably have driven enough miles to go to the Moon and back.

I still remember the Paul Pressler Cast Update in the Lincoln Theater where they showed the video proving that the Shuttles would only take 4 minutes and 45 seconds to whisk you from your car to Harbor House. HA! And does anyone remember the Golden State Giveaway Game during that first month of Shuttle Service back in '97? I never won anything.

None of the shuttles are 10 years old. They bought brand new ones in 2002 or 2003. I remember how nice they were. Unfortunately there are many CM's who can't seem to just sit on the bus for 5-10 minutes, instead they etch their initials in the window tinting, write on the upholstery, and in general just trash the shuttles. There is no reason those busses should be in the condition they are in after 5 years. Sure there is normal wear and tear, but the condition of the shuttles goes beyond that. It seems many CM's feel that since it's not their property they are free to trash it. Then they complain about it. It's a sad situation. I'm amazed at what I see sometimes, just the other night a CM took the wrapper of a candy bar and just tossed it on the floor of the bus. I guess she was just too lazy to hold onto it and throw it in a trashcan at Harbor Pointe. I certainly don't think the shuttle operators are there to pick up the trash of a lazy CM or a CM who apparently wasn't taught common courtesy as a child. Maybe I was brought up differently but I don't expect anyone to pick up my trash nor would I ever think to treat someone elses property the way the busses have been treated...even if it is Disney property.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Trash, window etchings, etc. etc. while rude and inconsiderate... doesn't effect the cushions on the seats themselves or the backs.

Yesterday I thought I was going to fall into my chair because when I sat down the crevace in the padding was so big under the fabric. Those seats are just plain worn the hell out. I usually laugh because I think it's funny when I sink into a chair but at least they'll be replacing them soon when the job changes hands. This has happened numerous times since I hired back into the Company and back in a role where I have to park at KCML... parking in KCML is something I didn't miss, that's for sure.

I'm going to assume, so I could be wrong, but the shuttles themselves are owned by SuperShuttle... so wouldn't it be their responsibility to repair/replace them if they get into the state that they are in now as they are the operators? Sure Disney Cast Members and management can complain all they want to SS (and they probably have), but now I guess it's not something that we'll have to worry about since it's changing hands soon.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 06-12-2007 at 11:37 PM.
    Burnt Toast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast