Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• For You!

Company D at Disneyworld?

Just curious if there is a company D or something similar in Disneyworld? We have a friend who said she'd take us to this disneyworld employee outlet that she gets an employee discount at - I've never heard of it (Not that that means it doesn't exist)

Where is it? What kind of stuff is there?

Thanks.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Company D at Disneyworld?

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Just curious if there is a company D or something similar in Disneyworld? We have a friend who said she'd take us to this disneyworld employee outlet that she gets an employee discount at - I've never heard of it (Not that that means it doesn't exist)

Thanks.
    Last time I checked, there was a tent setup behind MK. What is there depends. Items mainly sold are liquidation items, things that either have been returned in the park or gotten rid of. When I was there last, they had a ton of 'Countdown to Extinction' stuff since it was just after they rethemed it to 'Dinosaur'. The merch selection at these stores is constantly in flux. Go one day, and there will be nothing but junk. Go another, and you may find something really cool, really cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post

Thanks.
    we have three different stores that I believe you're referring to- Company D, Cast Connection, and Property Control

We have a few Company Ds, but from what I hear "they're smaller and don't have as good of stuff as DLR's", so no bashing- they are located
    * in Take 5 (the CM cafeteria in Disney-MGM Studios
    * in the main Epcot cast service building
    * in Disney University
    * in the Team Disney building
    * and I believe there's one in the Maingate building too

- Company Ds are smaller, they have all new stuff, and I believe a lot of it is CM exclusive, but I could be wrong on that. They also have a bunch of random stuff, scented candles, car freshners, CP stuff, and that's where you buy discounted park tickets.

On the other hand, the tent behind MK (in the CM parking lot) that you're talking about is called Cast Connection. That is quite a large store that has discounted merchandise that is no longer sold in the parks.

Next to Cast Connection is Property Control, which is where all the defective merchandise, as well as stuff that guests lose in the parks (hats, cameras, etc.) goes....you can get some good deals on things that Disney deems as "defective" for whatever reason- some stuff you can't even tell what's wrong with it- my roommate got a Pal Mickey that worked perfectly for $5 and we never did figure out what was defective

hopefully that clarifies something for you....

oh ya, and if you're referring to an "outlet" store, there's one about 25 minutes from the park that is an actual Disney Outlet store in a strip mall. I'm not sure if CM's get discounts there though- I've never been. I imagine they don't though.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

BTW, if you're from DLR your Cast ID is NOT good at Property Control or their Company Ds. You have to be a "Florida-site" Cast Member to purchase anything from them (and don't get me started on the whole "Florida-site" thing).

Luckily when I go to Disney World I have a friend who works there, so she takes me to all those places.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• For You!

Thanks everyone - I guess I'll just find out when I get there!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    BTW, if you're from DLR your Cast ID is NOT good at Property Control or their Company Ds. You have to be a "Florida-site" Cast Member to purchase anything from them (and don't get me started on the whole "Florida-site" thing).

Not sure if rules have changed since 2002 but I was allowed in with just my Disney Store ID and it was from out of state.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Yes... they changed it in around 2003-2004 I think. It's all about the different "Sites" now.
    Burnt Toast

i love the company Ds and the property control there!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Basically "California-Site" CMs are treated like almost second-class citizens over at WDW like supposedly "Florida-Site" CMs are over here (more about this later). The whole "we don't mark off your Main Gate Pass since you don't mark off ours" unofficial rule is still around... however you can no longer just get yourselves into the Park with just your WDW/DLR CM ID, you HAVE to have a Main Gate Pass now even if it's just for yourself. Basically they don't want anyone other then from their "site" to be in their CM-only areas, like backstage/Company D/TEAM Centers/Property Control. "California-Site" CMs are also no longer eligible for discounts at the gate at the water parks/DisneyQuest/Pleasure Island/Cirque/etc like we used to have to before it all changed for the worst.

What sucks is that WDW has so much more to offer then DLR does as a whole... we can't shut WDW CMs out of as much like they can do to us DLR CMs when we go over there. The whole idea of "California-Site" and "Florida-Site" is just a stupid and flawed concept anyways (Thanks Pressler!)... a Cast Member from any "site" is still a Cast Member and should ALWAYS be treated the same.
    Burnt Toast

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Basically they don't want anyone other then from their "site" to be in their CM-only areas, like backstage/Company D/TEAM Centers/Property Control.

What sucks is that WDW has so much more to offer then DLR does as a whole... we can't shut WDW CMs out of as much like they can do to us DLR CMs when we go over there. The whole idea of "California-Site" and "Florida-Site" is just a stupid and flawed concept anyways (Thanks Pressler!)... a Cast Member from any "site" is still a Cast Member and should ALWAYS be treated the same.
    while I see where you're coming from, you have to realize that if either park opens all their backstage areas open to every CM from the other park.... you're gonna have major choas. Spaces are already cramped with people that are working, why should people from the other park who are just visiting be allowed in backstage areas?? That just makes no sense, especially when it comes to safety and security.

Personally, I've never felt like I should have all of the priviledges that DLR CM's have when I visit Anaheim... it just makes sense to me.

When people get offended about things like this, it just adds to the WDW vs DLR animosity that is already completely unneccesary.....

I agree with what kcw is saying, except for the fact that Company D is off-site, at a non-descript industrial park in Anaheim. Aside from that, yeah, we have enough going on backstage as is, including lost Guests who ignore signage saying "Cast Members Only", "Worker Bees Only," "Maintenance Staff Only" (I never really understood this one, since neither the bellhops nor cashiers at Tower are Maintenance ), or what have you. Don't want to add to the chaos by throwing in vacationing Cast Members from other parts of the world.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I only added backstage because some of the Company Ds you can only get to through Backstage. Epcot and Disney-MGM comes to mind.

Never did I say that you should be allowed to just wander around backstage to wherever you want.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 06-06-2007 at 12:49 AM.
    Burnt Toast

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    When people get offended about things like this, it just adds to the WDW vs DLR animosity that is already completely unneccesary.....
    It's offensive because it used to not be this way and it didn't need to change. Next they'll start knocking off our sign-ins when you visit your sister resorts. Just having the whole "Site" segregation already added huge to the WDW vs. DLR animosity and that's what is completely unnecessary.

Again, a CM is a CM is a CM. There's absolutely no sense in creating second class citizens among the Parks and Resorts group.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 06-06-2007 at 09:41 AM.
    Burnt Toast

• Cast Member

I haven't experienced and "site" discrimination. Every time I visit the Florida resorts staff has bent over backwards to make the visit an enjoyable one. Access to CM areas over there were welcoming, from the learning center at MK to the Company D store in the Team Disney building. I have no complaints to the way Cali Site CM are treated in FL

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

When was the last time you were at WDW because as of 2003 you are no longer allowed to have access to those places as a non-Florida site CM.
    Burnt Toast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast