• is too darn hot.

Main Gate Passes

I've heard people mention different types of main gate passes... My girlfriend has a blue main gate pass, and I've heard of silver. How many different types of cast main gate passes are there, and what is the difference in benefits? Also, is their availability based on seniority or position or a combination of both?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Main Gate Passes

There's three. Blue, Green, and Silver.

I don't know the exact details about Green, but Silver is basically for managers and Cast Members who has 15+ years of service. Silver passes technically have no limit on how many times you can use it in year.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    I've heard people mention different types of main gate passes... My girlfriend has a blue main gate pass, and I've heard of silver. How many different types of cast main gate passes are there, and what is the difference in benefits? Also, is their availability based on seniority or position or a combination of both?
    there's quite a few more too- purple, red, silver, gold, one with a diagonal stripe.... those are higher than the basic blue and silver... ones that i'll probably never see in my lifetime! haha I believe the portal describes all of them and how many uses they have, what you have to be to get each one, etc.... if you're truly that interested your gf could find it there!

Actually, purple, red/pink, yellow, blue, and blue with orange stripe are all varieties of ID cards, and not Main Entrance Passes.

• Shubisha

silver is for yourself and you can bring 4 others in with you.. there are a few blockout dates but otherwise it's unlimited (this is old info... could have changed in recent years).

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    Actually, purple, red/pink, yellow, blue, and blue with orange stripe are all varieties of ID cards, and not Main Entrance Passes.
    they all say Main Entrance Pass across the top in the pictures.....

What pictures are you referring to?

What pictures are you referring to?
    I saw them on the portal somewhere- you know how you can look and see how many times you've used your maingate? there's a link somewhere around there where it gives you descriptions (and pictures) of all the maingates....

I am quite certain that the only colors of Main Entrance Passes are green (although I have yet to encounter this one), blue, and silver, and ID cards come in green, purple, red/pink, yellow, blue, and blue with an orange diagonal stripe. I don't know where you are getting your information, and I haven't been able to find anything supporting it.

• Shubisha

there used to be both a silver pass and a gold pass wasn't there? gold or platinum or something.

• Basking in birthday love

Red is a VIP pass given to random special people. The first person to buy a ticket to Disneyland, for instance, got a red pass. It's basically a silver pass that never expires. I think there's also a special main gate for the really really high up people, the people who will need to bring in lots of people on a regular basis for wining, dining, and meetings. Don't know what color that is, though.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

I am quite certain that the only colors of Main Entrance Passes are green (although I have yet to encounter this one), blue, and silver, and ID cards come in green, purple, red/pink, yellow, blue, and blue with an orange diagonal stripe. I don't know where you are getting your information, and I haven't been able to find anything supporting it.
    ok well since this is such a lifechanging topic, I went and looked it up for you.... sign into the portal, then on the blue toolbar on the right that says More Links, click Main Entrance Pass/Comp. Ticket Usage, when that page comes up, click Main Entrance Passes. And then there they are, in all their glory on the left side of the screen. There's eight. And if you want to see the descriptions for each, you can click on the corresponding link.... I'd even post screen shots, but something tells me that I'd get threatened by over-jealous, yet well meaning, CM's, telling me that I don't value the magic...

hopefully that helps...and if you still don't believe me, then I give up...and hope you don't work the turnstiles... lol

Did just that, only see silver and blue.

• 88 mph

Ive heard about a Gold also. For top executives only or so I hear.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.