• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

For all my CM brothers and sisters...

I am a Cast Member.

I am here to create magic. I am not here to be yelled at.

I am here to help you with your inconveniences. I am not here to be a scapegoat or a punching bag.

I am here to help put that sparkle in your child's eyes. I am not here to get your child to the front of the line, nor do I wish to hear your complaints because I can't do so.

I am here to provide 100% excellent service to my Guests, and when something goes wrong, to do my best to right it. I am not here to be screamed at when you spill your drink on the floor - relax, I'll replace it.

I am here to get you through the line as soon as possible. Don't yell at me because you've been waiting 5 minutes for your pizza and chicken strips - we're doing the best we can to serve you.

I'm here to make you smile. Don't complain to City Hall because I'm not smiling every second of the day - I take my job very seriously, and if something goes wrong in your day, my only concern is to make it up to you.

I am here to help you. I am not a bondman, chattel, helot, serf, mancipium, thrall, vassal, ament, feeb, half-wit, lockhead, cretin, dunce, or moron. I am not here to be treated like one.

I am a Cast Member - I do what I do because I get to do what I do for Guests like yourself. Please be a good Guest, and I'll quadruple your efforts in my output. I love what I do, and I want you to notice.

--- An unknown Cast Member's post on rec.arts.disney.parks that I found back in late 2003.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Re: For all my CM brothers and sisters...

i love this. yay! go Cast members!!!

• Minion

That's only eight Commandments

God if only disney would put those exact rules in front of all the gates in it would be wanderful! spot on!

Leeerooooyyyyy...
    oh wait, wrong situation.

This is a nice post.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Very nice, now if only people would read this.

• n/a

Fancy
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Loves it! It's SO true that a little bit on the guests part goes a LONG way. Yesterday after being yelled at by guests all day and acused of being a racist TWICE, we had a guy come in with his son and very nicely explain that Chip or Dale ("One of the chipmunks, I dunno.") had knocked off his glasses and they got all scratched, but he understood it was an accident and not anyones fault, he just wanted to know if there was anything we could do. We LAVISHED him with stuff. We had to give him guest claims to get the glasses replaced, but we gave him an NSA for new cheap glasses for the day and a bunch of re-ads, and the kid got a pixie dust pin... and all because the guy was so understanding. We told him we wished we could clone him and only let him-clones into the parks from now on.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney