Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tell me about my Blue Pass

Ok, cool. I have a Blue Pass. But I don't really know what to DO with it.
    SO I have some questions.
    This pass gets me into the park when I'm not working, yes? Do I only use this pass when I'm with other people, or is this for any admission?
    When the pass is blocked out, does that mean I can't let people in, or does it mean that even I can't get in?
    Is it really usable at WDW, DLP and HKDL?
    Do CTs also have a blue pass, or does their Cast ID get them in (I know CTs can't sign in)?

• Minion

Re: Tell me about my Blue Pass

You only need your id to get in if you aren't taking anyone else with you.
    When it is blocked out, you can't get anyone in. And I believe you can't get in on blocked out days, but not sure on that one.
    And, always have your id with you when you take ppl. Sometimes when my friends go with me when they have signed me in, the cm will ask for their id for reentry and sometimes they won't. But, have it incase they do!!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Cast IDs (that is the CM just getting only themselves into the Park) DO have blockout days; July 4th and December 31st, the two busiest days of the year. There are also days that they might add in later due to VERY special events, like they did for the day of the Pirates premiere. Circumventing the blockout on July 4th and December 31st (or any extra added days mentioned above) by going through Security and walking into the Park from Backstage can get you separated from your job as they keep tabs on your ID getting scanned in through the Security checkpoint. I've had co-workers separated for doing this, so don't do it!

Main Gate Passes (you use this to get OTHER people into the Parks) have their own list of blockout dates. Each Park (DL/DCA/MK/E/DMGM/AK/DLP/HKDL) has their own list of blockout dates for MGPs.

My Disney TEAM Complimentary Passes have NO blockout dates and can be given out to friends/family/whatever (just don't be stupid and sell them, that's grounds for separation as well). They are given out to CMs (based on your number of dependants, single folks will get two) the week of July 4th and the week before Christmas and are considered to be a 1-Day Park Hopper at the DLR/WDWR/DLPR or a 1-Day ticket at HKDL. So if a CM really wants to come into the Park on July 4th or December 31st, you can use one of your Comp. Passes and get yourself into the Park legally.

Cast IDs are no longer valid as of 2003 to get yourself in at Resorts other then your own, so for example you can no longer get yourself into the Parks at WDWR if you work at DLR with just your DLR Cast ID like you could before... you now have to have a Main Gate Pass even if you are just getting yourself in (though they still follow the unofficial rule of not marking it off your yearly allotment like before, regardless if you are just getting yourself in or signing in other folks with you). Cast IDs, Main Gate Passes, and My Disney TEAM Complimentary Passes are NOT valid at TDLR.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 06-18-2007 at 11:11 PM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Mickey Mouse Slave

dont forget May 19th too.

btw, we get the comp tickets twice per year right? or is it once per year?
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Cast IDs (that is the CM just getting only themselves into the Park) DO have blockout days; July 4th and December 31st, the two busiest days of the year. There are also days that they might add in later due to VERY special events, like they did for the day of the Pirates premiere.
    Um. Why would I specifically mention May 19th when it was referred above and;

A) It already passed.

B) It's not a blockout that occurs every year like July 4th and December 31st.

They are given out to CMs (based on your number of dependants, single folks will get two) the week of July 4th and the week before Christmas and are considered to be a 1-Day Park Hopper at the DLR/WDWR/DLPR or a 1-Day ticket at HKDL.
    Any other questions that weren't answered in my original post?
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 06-18-2007 at 09:05 PM.
    Burnt Toast

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Um. Why would I specifically mention May 19th when it was referred above and;

A) It already passed.

B) It's not a blockout that occurs every year like July 4th and December 31st.

Any other questions that weren't answered in my original post?
    yes umm, can you pick up a few shifts for me???? im tired of working soo much :P

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    yes umm, can you pick up a few shifts for me???? im tired of working soo much :P
    Heh heh... no way. I love my CR-SS status.
    Burnt Toast

• Shubisha

So as a CR or whatnot without a main gate pass... I have my ID which gets me and only me into the park... Am I understanding you correctly that I don't get free admission for myself into wdw though?

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I'd say red the instructions that come with the blue pass, there is one, right?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Cast IDs are no longer valid as of 2003 to get yourself in at Resorts other then your own, so for example you can no longer get yourself into the Parks at WDWR if you work at DLR with just your DLR Cast ID like you could before... you now have to have a Main Gate Pass even if you are just getting yourself in (though they still follow the unofficial rule of not marking it off your yearly allotment like before, regardless if you are just getting yourself in or signing in other folks with you). Cast IDs, Main Gate Passes, and My Disney TEAM Complimentary Passes are NOT valid at TDLR.
    Sigh. Again, answered in my original post.

However, as a CR you should have a Main Gate Pass... it's CTs that do not get one. If you are a CR, you should receive one in the mail probably around the three week mark after you hire in.
    Burnt Toast

• Shubisha

i'm a red ID card.. i guess it's CT i keep getting it confused. i just remember being told my ID was supposed to get me into both this park and wdw even if i couldn't sign people in so that's kind of annoying to find out.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

You are a CT, what did you expect? You only "have" to work 25% of the year, if that, and even then I knew a lot of CTs that didn't even do that.

If you can, I'd at least bump up to CR-SS (just Sat/Sun), CR-FSS (Fri/Sat/Sun), or CR-S2 (Sat/random day/random day) if you are local... then you'd be a CM with at least some benefits.

Also, the Company is starting to phase out CTs (the reason why they have the new alternate CR positions).
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 06-19-2007 at 09:30 PM.
    Burnt Toast

• Shubisha

I work 5 days a week but they're all 4 hour min. shifts and I don't have a choice. I don't expect anything but I was told it'd work at WDW and was disappointed to hear otherwise is all.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

CTs don't even get year-around access to DLR (what is it now, only from Memorial Day through Labor Day and the two weeks of Winter Break?), regardless of what you were told that should have raised a red flag that you were being told the wrong information just based on that simple fact.

I'd guess that whoever told you that didn't know that you were a CT... there aren't very many of them around anymore, however even then that person would still have been wrong since Cast IDs aren't good for self-admission anymore outside of your home Resort.

Oh well, now you know.
    Burnt Toast

• Mickey Mouse Slave

CTs don't even get year-around access to DLR (what is it now, only from Memorial Day through Labor Day and the two weeks of Winter Break?), regardless of what you were told that should have raised a red flag that you were being told the wrong information just based on that simple fact.

I'd guess that whoever told you that didn't know that you were a CT... there aren't very many of them around anymore, however even then that person would still have been wrong since Cast IDs aren't good for self-admission anymore outside of your home Resort.

Oh well, now you know.
    i dont know how that works... Considered that there are some CTs that work CR hours and such. probably can sneak in from the back anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast