Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: StarDinerz

StarDinerz

So when is StarDinerz phased out? I know Westside Diner goes down for a week in July, but is it for the change?
    I, for one, am concerned about the changes. If it really is Panda Express and Carl's Jr like they say, that means our food costs will be going way up.
    The thing I like about it now is that I can get a burger, fries, and drink for $3, which beats anywhere.
    So what do you think/know? Will our food costs go up again? Are you looking forward to it?

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Re: StarDinerz

hmm... DCA Cafe is being phased out atm. Should be back on July 1st. I heard Subway and Panda Express.

i think it is gonna be expensive. The prices on the trucks are like at least 4-5 dollars. :\
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Yeah - I've heard they're going up too. I figure I'll just give it a fair shot - if it stinks, so did StarDinerz; just for different reasons.

What's funny to me is that when I hired in, I was AMAZED at the dining options they give us. I came from a job that paid twice as much, and we still got a 30 minute lunch and NO cafeteria anywhere. You had 30 minutes to get offsite and scarf down some McDonalds or else bring a sandwich and put it in the fridge. Getting all worked up over the options Disney gives us is funny to me.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Personally I like StarDinerz because it's so cheap. Sigh.

• Winter in Oceanside...

So your choices will be a really bad sandwich or really bland Chinese food? All at typical outside the park prices?

Bad news.

• Minion

I know one reason I'm glad to see DCA cafe closed...they're cleaning it from top to bottom! I've walked past some of the stuff waiting to be cleaned, and boy, did it need it! I'm curious to see what comes in. I don't know what I'll do if its too expensive. I work in a location without a fridge or a nearby breakroom. Anyway, one good note...the lunch truck that is out with the Carls Jr truck, makes a fantastic BLT! I can't wait to get there tonight to get one!
    I want my cake back!

• Shubisha

eat ticket was closed for a couple weeks... i think it's open again but i'm never there during its hours so i haven't looked inside yet. but there are new little table umbrellas outside in the panda express green/gold/orange/purple colors i noticed.

i really dont mind the change at all. I don't eat at the cafteria since there is only one available at DCA and from my location by the time i get to the cafeteria i only have about five minutes to get my food and scarf it down before i had to runback to my location. plus even though it was cheap, i have to say for the food they gave us, it wasn't really that great of quality. I am glad they are getting some new things. i for one hope for subyway. i am a big subway person and if i have to pay a bit more. then so be it.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

When the Inn Between closed for rehab last year, they brought it the "Roach Coach!"

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    i really dont mind the change at all. I don't eat at the cafteria since there is only one available at DCA and from my location by the time i get to the cafeteria i only have about five minutes to get my food and scarf it down before i had to runback to my location. plus even though it was cheap, i have to say for the food they gave us, it wasn't really that great of quality. I am glad they are getting some new things. i for one hope for subyway. i am a big subway person and if i have to pay a bit more. then so be it.
    thats the thing though... When there is just Subway and Panda Express, ill get sick of it within a month or two.

What i like about Star Dinerz is that there is sooo much selection. I love the Italian food StarDinerz provides... yum yum yum... that i will miss a lot. :'(
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    When the Inn Between closed for rehab last year, they brought it the "Roach Coach!"
    Is it bad that I trust the 'roach coach' to have safer and far more palatable food than the... meal options... that the inn between serves?

We all know why it's called the inn between, right? Because it's in between what they serve the guests, and what they're about to throw away.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

A CM friend of mine called it "in between" life and death. There were some several occasions that I Got sick off the food there.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Quote Originally Posted by kidpirate View Post
    Is it bad that I trust the 'roach coach' to have safer and far more palatable food than the... meal options... that the inn between serves?
    It's not bad. It's great, because we'll have a fellow CM stick their head into the phone room and whisper, "Psst! Hey, guys! Roach Coach!" and we'll all get excited because it means I'll actually trust the food today! We have a whole system of notification all set up for when the roach coach is out.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

The Inn Between somehow managed to screw up salisbury steak. Not even the Navy's cooks got that bad!

well stardinerz is officially phased out this Sunday. Please Please please let the new guy be a lil better maybe have pasta and pizza thatll make me happy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast