Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
  1. #1

    • I'm listening.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    131

    Employee Lunch Breaks

    How long do you get for lunch?
    Where are you permitted to eat?
    What's your favorite place to eat on your break?

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Posts
    6,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    They have their own breakroom/ caferteria that they are only ALLOWED to eat. They can't eat with the guests. They are allowed exacty 30 minutes. It is a 30 minute non - paid rest period and can not answer ANY questions!!

    I prefer the DCA cafe, West Side Diner, The Eat Ticket, or The Bungalow, or the one that we like to call The B.O.B!

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    They have their own breakroom/ caferteria that they are only ALLOWED to eat. They can't eat with the guests. They are allowed exacty 30 minutes. It is a 30 minute non - paid rest period and can not answer ANY questions!!

    I prefer the DCA cafe, West Side Diner, The Eat Ticket, or The Bungalow, or the one that we like to call The B.O.B!
    That's not exactly true.

    You can't eat within the guest facilities in costume.

    If you changed into civies, ate, changed back into costume and checked back in in time it would be legal.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Posts
    6,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Actually you can't, people told me you aren't allowed to do it anyways. I did it ONCE. Worked at HISTA, took my top off, wore an undershirt, went over to the Pizza Port and brought my lunch there and went back to HISTA/ Got in trouble for it.

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Actually you can't, people told me you aren't allowed to do it anyways. I did it ONCE. Worked at HISTA, took my top off, wore an undershirt, went over to the Pizza Port and brought my lunch there and went back to HISTA/ Got in trouble for it.
    You were still in costume. In fact, you were in partial costume on stage which is itself a violation of the rules.

    When you are not on shift you are on your own time but can't violate other rules. Of course, there's also on issue here about going on stage out of costume from backstage (if you change).

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Magic Castle
    Posts
    634

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Last week I saw a CM eating lunch at Pizza port all by herself in full costume. I thought it was out of the ordinary but she looked hungry. I would think she would perfer eating at the Inn Between away from the guest.

  7. #7

    • Mickey Mouse Slave
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    859

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    Last week I saw a CM eating lunch at Pizza port all by herself in full costume. I thought it was out of the ordinary but she looked hungry. I would think she would perfer eating at the Inn Between away from the guest.
    Thats kinda dumb... thats freakin 1 hour of my work time on food is kinda too expensive for me.

    I hate it when you have to clock out at the nearest clock box and then walk to the cafe. sometimes, it takes me 10 min... have to answer all these questions on the way there. :'( Some of us sometimes just dont bother eating lunch because we just dont have the time...
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Posts
    6,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Sometimes it isn't enough time, it takes like 5 minutes to walk to the cafeteria, wait in line. order, 10 minutes to cook the food, 5 minutes to pay, and another 5 minutes to walk back to our area and the last 5 minutes to scarf down our food.

  9. #9

    • Can Only Wish For More!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    740

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    How long do you get for lunch?
    Where are you permitted to eat?
    What's your favorite place to eat on your break?
    30 Minutes
    I'm in New Orleans, so I go to the Westside Diner
    See above!

    :0)
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

    She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

  10. #10

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Sunday I saw a CM carrying a Carl's Jr bag across Adventureland. Unsure if he was in costume - he had black or brown pants and button up shirt - striped maybe? I don't thin it was an "obvious" costume if so. He disappeared over by Bengal BBQ. I was really, really confused.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  11. #11

    • Mickey Mouse Slave
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    859

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Sunday I saw a CM carrying a Carl's Jr bag across Adventureland. Unsure if he was in costume - he had black or brown pants and button up shirt - striped maybe? I don't thin it was an "obvious" costume if so. He disappeared over by Bengal BBQ. I was really, really confused.
    why is that confusing? People often care food to the nearest break room so they have more time to eat instead of eating at the diner.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

  12. #12

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    why is that confusing? People often care food to the nearest break room so they have more time to eat instead of eating at the diner.
    First because it was Carls Jr, which of course isn't available in the park
    then because I thought that CMs weren't supposed to have food on stage, even if they were just walking across a land. So, I guess you're saying that is OK... I just haven't ever seen it before!

    It just looked really out of place.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    948

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    he probably got it from a cafeteria that was closed. the cafeteria in dca was closed for a little bit and so they brought in carls jr. I am assuming its the same thing in that situation. and for me. i really dont have time to get to the cafeteria, i work the pier and so it also takes me ten minutes to walk there, five minutes to get food, sometimes more and then a couple to eat and run back to my location. i really wish that they would let us clock out at the cafeteria and not at our locations especailly when our locations are far away from the cafeteria. i guess sometimes its okay and disneyland because there are three different cafeterias, but there is only one available at DCA.

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Posts
    6,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    The Inn Between was closed the the Carls Jr. catering truck was provided in place for lunch and the CM bought there and carried it to the break room to eat it. It happened lots of times.

  15. #15

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Employee Lunch Breaks

    I guess i just haven't been paying attention
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] rude pyro employee
    By startours1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 02:59 PM
  2. Employee Tickets
    By krisktbw in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 02:27 PM
  3. W.E.D. employee photo
    By Titanfreak46 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 11:15 PM
  4. Different than your every day employee
    By ElectricAVE in forum Break Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 12:48 AM
  5. You might be a school employee if....
    By Xharryb in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 07:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •