Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Sad Help! I called in sick to many times!

Hey does anyone work at Disneyland?

I called in sick over the limit and told them I hurt my knee (which was a lie). Now they won't let me come back to work without a doctor's note. Has anyone done anything like this before? Should I make a fake doctor's note? I don't want to risk them calling my doctor and having them find out I lied, though. Wouldn't that be a felony?

Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice!

-Joanna

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Help! I called in sick to many times!

Not much you can do, I think. Maybe own up to the mistake you made. I would think they would let you return, instead of having to hire someone else, tho that would be upto the management.

Really? I think my management would fire me for sure if I told them I'd been lying and I really need this job right now.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Did you go into detail about your knee or did you say you "just hurt it"?

Because, you can always go to a Doctor to check your knee....and have the doctor write you a note saying your knee is fine for work.

But, if you went into any sort of detail about your knee I'd say you're probably better off quitting rather than digging your hole any further.

BTW....and I know this is none of my business but I am curious. If you are calling in sick all the time when you are not are you sure you love your job all that much? Life is short. Find a job that you love...or at least like enough that it doesn't make you sick.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

No, I love my job (I'm only in high school). I called out a few times because my boyfriend was moving away and I just had to spend some time with him (which was stupid of me).

I didn't give any details, so actually going to the doctor sounds like a good idea, but there's a couple problems with it. For one, I don't have any health insurance right now (my parents are in between jobs) and I don't want my parents to know that I haven't been going to work.

You really think I should quit over this? I really really don't want to do that...

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

well, Disneyland isnt the only place to work. Plenty of places to go.

• Minion

It's really pretty much out of your control now.

You could try and brazen it out but if that fails you're likely to get a permanent No Rehire status with Disney.

Id' suggest start looking for another job right away so that if you can't go back - or decide not to - you will be fulfilling your obligations that you have apparently made to your parents in terms of having a job. Don't make it worse by incurring a doctors bill that you don't need with their job situation. Then tell them that you messed up, that you won't do it again (and mean it), and that you have started looking for a new job already.

Then go and be honest with Disney and indicate your intention to resign. You might get only a suspension but don't count on that. You might be fortunate and only get a restricted rehire and be able to come back after a period of time. If there is time, you might try and contact the union rep. This is not anything they can really do anything about but you might get some good practical advice. I'd avoid talking to another cast member friend since it would put them in an awkward position.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by jgeorgie33 View Post
    No, I love my job (I'm only in high school). I called out a few times because my boyfriend was moving away and I just had to spend some time with him (which was stupid of me).

I didn't give any details, so actually going to the doctor sounds like a good idea, but there's a couple problems with it. For one, I don't have any health insurance right now (my parents are in between jobs) and I don't want my parents to know that I haven't been going to work.

You really think I should quit over this? I really really don't want to do that...
    Don't let a lack of health insurance stop you. Tell the receptionist that you don't have health insurance and are prepared to pay cash up front....most doctors offer a cash up front discount...usually about 40% off but sometimes even more. Remember; don't lie any more about being sick or offer any fake details about the knee. Simply say you had the doctor check it and it checked out fine...here's the note clearing me to work.

I would like to say one more thing on the subject. You did yourself a huge disservice by saying something was wrong with your knee.

Now there is a record that you had knee trouble this early in life. If you ever suffer a real knee injury on the job(Disney or not), 20, 30 years down the road you're going to have a difficult time getting workmanscomp

I hope you get your job back
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Don't let a lack of health insurance stop you. Tell the receptionist that you don't have health insurance and are prepared to pay cash up front....most doctors offer a cash up front discount...usually about 40% off but sometimes even more. Remember; don't lie any more about being sick or offer any fake details about the knee. Simply say you had the doctor check it and it checked out fine...here's the note clearing me to work.

I would like to say one more thing on the subject. You did yourself a huge disservice by saying something was wrong with your knee.

Now there is a record that you had knee trouble this early in life. If you ever suffer a real knee injury on the job(Disney or not), 20, 30 years down the road you're going to have a difficult time getting workmanscomp

I hope you get your job back
    Moral of the story - never call in sick unless you are. Better to learn this early in life rather than let it mess you up later in life. Personally I would book a meetingwith your lead and let them know you don't have insurance etc. - please let you come back. Then never call in sick again. Even if you are, make them send you home. By falsely calling in sick, you let everyone down including yourself.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Thank you dave and everyone. I think I'll schedule a meeting with my lead tomorrow. And I certainly have learned a lesson here.

Thanks again!

• The mouse that Rocks

You could always tell them that you don't have insurance and since your "knee" is fine now you can't justify the cost of seeing a doctor. Or come clean and admit what you did, the worst possible outcome is that they fire you. You made a decision to spend time with your boyfriend instead of going to work. You knew what you were doing was wrong and now your in a hole and not telling the truth will only get you deeper. Plus if Disney finds out later down the road you lied they will probably fire you any way.

Taking responsibility for your actions is part of being adult and being part of the work force. But don't worry about it your still in high school and we all did stuff like this in school and sometimes we still do it but what I think you managers will respect you more for admitting what you did than if you show up with a badly forged doctor's note. That being said I would hold out on telling them exactly why you were not at work until you have to maybe stating personal issues as an excuse. I'm just saying no need to get into more trouble than you have to. Also I would tell your parents let them know whats going on. I can't tell you how many times having my parent in my corner even just for moral support during my years in school saved my bacon. Sure they will probably be a bit mad but I'm sure they don't want you to lose your job. I'm sure they could give you better advice than I or many here.
    --MusicMouse
    Join The one Campaign. make poverty history.

Check out SILAS a band from Eugene Oregon
    Peep 'em here:

The official band page
    Help the musicians of New Orleans bring back the music at
    MusicRising.org

Amnesty International

Post Re: Help! I called in sick to many times!

Check your PM's

• Now Playing....

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMouse View Post
    You could always tell them that you don't have insurance and since your "knee" is fine now you can't justify the cost of seeing a doctor. Or come clean and admit what you did, the worst possible outcome is that they fire you. You made a decision to spend time with your boyfriend instead of going to work. You knew what you were doing was wrong and now your in a hole and not telling the truth will only get you deeper. Plus if Disney finds out later down the road you lied they will probably fire you any way.

Taking responsibility for your actions is part of being adult and being part of the work force. But don't worry about it your still in high school and we all did stuff like this in school and sometimes we still do it but what I think you managers will respect you more for admitting what you did than if you show up with a badly forged doctor's note. That being said I would hold out on telling them exactly why you were not at work until you have to maybe stating personal issues as an excuse. I'm just saying no need to get into more trouble than you have to. Also I would tell your parents let them know whats going on. I can't tell you how many times having my parent in my corner even just for moral support during my years in school saved my bacon. Sure they will probably be a bit mad but I'm sure they don't want you to lose your job. I'm sure they could give you better advice than I or many here.
    Best advice I've heard so far. Well spoken!

• Looking for room codes!

Well maybe you could just tell them your sorry and maybe the days that you didnt work you could make up.Example If you missed 5 days,ask them if you could work 5 extra days) for the lieing of course.I wish you best of luck
    VMK Rox Meh Sox!

Looking for Room Codes!

Don't steal my picture,please.I was the girl in the cowboy aka.Jami-Lynn at the time.Now i'm Lil-Rich because my name got changed but oh well.I like Lil-Rich anyways

Here is a list of Great traders I have traded with:
    RocketRods
    Dreamytime

• Minion

There are free clinics in Orange County, if you are an OC resident. PM me if u want more info...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast