Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canoes?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Canoes?

Hi all, I'm 15 years old, want to get a job @ DL the moment I turn 17, because I absolutely LOVE DL, like everyone here. I want to get a job at the canoes, does anyone know how that job is? Like, is it tough, is it fun, etc? Greatly appreciated.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Re: Canoes?

It's very difficult and requires a humungous amount of strength and endurance. You have to make up slack that the pre-schoolers onboard lack and you are responsible for steering and direction. Most people quit after Training Day (a.k.a. "Hell Day"), but if you've got what it takes, then by all means go ahead!

EDIT: I don't want to discourage you or anything LOL I mean my 45-year-old aunt could definately work the canoes no problem... it all depends on the individual.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

^ Thanks, the reason why I want to work over there is b/c I am now-officially!-a victim of Freshman 15, so I need ways to burn it off Lol...

But jokes aside, the canoes are one of my favorite attraction, it just screams OLD DISNEYLAND to me.

HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

The thing is you have to be 18 to work ANY attractions. There will be not that much hours, work in the hot sun, and work the other half on parades or Fantasmic!

• Can Only Wish For More!

Freshman 15?

High school?
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    Freshman 15?

High school?
    it can happen, lol

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You probably won't have very many hours. At 17 you would need a work permit, and then according to State law you cannot work past 10 pm. Once you turn 18 they will work you to death, though!

Yes, Freshman 15 can happen in High School, esp. if you're a nerd like me and go to some special nerd school (Troy High School in Fullerton, FYI).

I checked, the age is 17, and you are correct I do need a work permit. Knott's is 16 though, wonder why?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

17 year olds will only be given a choice of the departments in the Foods division, which consists of Outdoor Vending, Custodial Bussing, and Foods itself as they allow 17 year olds. Attractions does not, you have to be over 18 to work in that department, as well as many other departments around the Resort. Foods is practically the only department available at Casting that you can be a minor and work at (I didn't include Entertainment since you have to audition for it and it is not available through Casting).

If you are REALLY close to turning 18 (like one of the recent trainees at Indy turned 18 right after he was done with training), then they might make an exception. However, you have to be REALLY close to it through.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

So, wait... there are absolutely no positions open to a 16-year-old?
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Yes, Freshman 15 can happen in High School, esp. if you're a nerd like me and go to some special nerd school (Troy High School in Fullerton, FYI).

I checked, the age is 17, and you are correct I do need a work permit. Knott's is 16 though, wonder why?
    As has already been said, you must be 18 to work in Attractions. Foods is pretty much your only option if you're under 18.

Also, you can be hired at 16 into Foods, as I know multiple people who've done so.

BTW, I graduated from Troy in 06

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    17 year olds will only be given a choice of the departments in the Foods division, which consists of Outdoor Vending, Custodial Bussing, and Foods itself as they allow 17 year olds. Attractions does not, you have to be over 18 to work in that department, as well as many other departments around the Resort. Foods is practically the only department available at Casting that you can be a minor and work at (I didn't include Entertainment since you have to audition for it and it is not available through Casting).

If you are REALLY close to turning 18 (like one of the recent trainees at Indy turned 18 right after he was done with training), then they might make an exception. However, you have to be REALLY close to it through.
    I thought so;. You have to be 18 to work attractions, it's machinary and buttons. Its a safety issue.

I think minors can only work in ODV and foods.

• Disney Nerd

For foods.........

17 is no issue.....

16 is on a case-by-case basis, casting is making this a lot more rare (i myself was a 16-year-old new hire, but that was 4 years ago)

16 also happens with ROP's who turn CR or CT......

but if you're looking at any other department (even for entertainment)....18 it is

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

16 year olds will have the same options as 17 year olds (obviously), which is basically Foods. I know a few 16 year olds in ODV.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    16 year olds will have the same options as 17 year olds (obviously), which is basically Foods. I know a few 16 year olds in ODV.
    Doesn't paying the sitters make it not cost effective ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast