Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet
    Closing Emporium too. That place is always a mad house. I remember getting all the most complicated transactions, and questions as to where some obscure piece of merchandise was- and I didn't know. The Emporium has THOUSANDS of different items, and guess what, someone on their first day has not memorized there price and exact location!
    How true that is! And of course, their descriptions were always "Well... it's got Mickey on it, and Disneyland is written on it too, I think."

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    lol.. well a mickey and disneyland on it hmmm. There will be about 3,000 objects like that, keep looking :P

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Santa Barbara, CA

Day One. 12:42pm first shift.

I was really selfconcious about my lederhosen. They kept falling down. My nametag was crooked too. Every guest looked at me and stared a bit. That talking rock was driving me nuts too, so I started lip syncing it. When I'd seat the guests and press the red button to dispatch they looked at me funny and asked how old i was... I responded in Austrian,handed out maps and yodeled to the kids to shut them up.

1:35pm..Someone from security came up and noticed the loose stiching on my homemade Matterhorn costume (2 flowery guitar straps as suspenders) and the cardboard nametag. It was curtains. I thought, "this isn't fair...just because I'm 12, they can just stop me, i was doing my jooooooob". They didn't buy that and confiscated the cardboard tag and the straps.

I went to Acapulco, this mexican place across from the park and did Mescal shots and ice cream till I felt better. Saw some of those same guests, but i was trashed and yelled "HAPPY NOW?????" and fell off my stool. 4:47pm

That's what it was like....the first and last day.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint
    I remember my first day as just a blur. The dress rehearsal in the park two days before (from 1am-4am) however, I will never ever forget. What a great experience! :-)
    Hey Flint..

Your post has my curiosity piqued. What was your gig?

Thanks!
    Ron.

*chuckle* The All-American Marching College Show Band!!
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint
    *chuckle* The All-American Marching College Show Band!!
    He heee....

• I was deleted.

Wow, my first day in the store wasn't so bad compared to what you all said. I had a blast learning everything and I still do. Although our store will never be as busy as the Emporium at closing, I honestly would love to experience it. Call me crazy or something but there are days where I do enjoy retail. But moving on, you all have me worried now about my first day in operations this fall. Now I kind of wish I was in merchandise. Oh well, wish me luck so that my eyes aren't glued shut, I'm not late, and my costume doesn't fall off!

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Wow, my first day in the store wasn't so bad compared to what you all said. I had a blast learning everything and I still do. Although our store will never be as busy as the Emporium at closing, I honestly would love to experience it. Call me crazy or something but there are days where I do enjoy retail. But moving on, you all have me worried now about my first day in operations this fall. Now I kind of wish I was in merchandise. Oh well, wish me luck so that my eyes aren't glued shut, I'm not late, and my costume doesn't fall off!
    Oh, that's just the first day! As it went on (and as I requested different lands) the rest of the days were great. I really loved working in merch and miss it to this day. There's nothing quite like working in Disneyland!

Blog Entries
    Do you still work in DL? If so where you at now?

~

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Ok- my first day training in the park was a night shift- we had spend 3 days in a classroom and this was our first day in costume. Being a custodial cm is particularly daunting on your first couple of days because we were the cm's with the most guest contact. If someone had a question, we were the first people they were going to ask. I was terrified that someone was going to ask me where a bathroom was, and hey, I knew where certain things were, but sweepers are expected to know absolutely everything a guest could possibly want to know, so I was a little bit nervous about the whole thing.
    There were 7 of us and we were following our trainer across the park. We were going to do cleanup after the 9:00 Fantasmic/Fireworks as our first assignment and we were supposed to meet at the adventureland locker which is behind the packer in adventureland. Well, three of us got lost in the crowd in NOS and for the life of us, could not remember how to get to adventureland from there! We were in front of the HM when we finally pulled out a map and a flashlight and tried to figure it out. The HM entrance host saw us and was like "are you guys lost???" (he probably thought we were total dorks, and trust me, we felt really stupid in fully DL CM coatumes looking at a park map) but he pointed us in the right direction.

Most days after that were much easier.

Except the time I was working Indy (maintaining the whole ride is a one person job in AL, you get a radio and are stuck in there all day) and some kid threw up 4 times in the queue and I got to hear 500 million times "there's more throw up back there"
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Not sure who you're asking, but if it's me, no. I'm a former CM!

Blog Entries
    well anyone :P

~

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Yes. Main Street U.S.A , of course.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12