Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where do you work now? Where would you wanna go?

Where do you or did you work?

Foods (hired), Attractions (transfer), Leadership (quit)

If you had the chance what department or different location would you like to try (or liked to have tried)? Why?

Foods- I never got to work a shift in the Club- not even as a Steward.
    Attractions- Classics would be ideal- I love the classics. Critter Country was fun though.
    Overall- Guest Relations- I want to do a week in City Hall. I got to work Info Board as a Manager and I had a great time working with those folks! I love Disney Geeks!

Re: Where do you work now? Where would you wanna go?

well i hired into food transfereed into attractions. Hoping to be a lead one day who knows from there. Trying to get business admin degree maybe move to big yellow building lmao

I hired into Foods, too young to go into Attractions. My plan was to wait it out and transfer to Attractions when the opportunity arose, but I became content where I was and decided to stick with Foods. Especially now, I don't want to leave my current role and lose my seniority. But I am going for Lead now at one of my locations, so if I get that I'll probably drop to the bottom again, even though one of the Leads hired in after me.

But I'm probably going to go for a degree in Business Administration (entering 2nd year of college) and may try to go for a spot in TDA, if I don't get burned out on Disney in 5 years when I finish college.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

I got hired into Foods (ODV)

tried to be ODV trainer, put in application like in April, still no word...

Tried and failed to join Dream Squad :'(
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    I hired into Foods, too young to go into Attractions. My plan was to wait it out and transfer to Attractions when the opportunity arose, but I became content where I was and decided to stick with Foods. Especially now, I don't want to leave my current role and lose my seniority. But I am going for Lead now at one of my locations, so if I get that I'll probably drop to the bottom again, even though one of the Leads hired in after me.

But I'm probably going to go for a degree in Business Administration (entering 2nd year of college) and may try to go for a spot in TDA, if I don't get burned out on Disney in 5 years when I finish college.
    Starting out on the bottom doesn't -again- doesn't sound right unless you're stating the fact that you'd be closing as a Lead quite frequently at first. Absolutely the truth (though I've seen exceptions to the rule). Now- promoting to a Lead, in many places- they'd ask you to turn FT. Then you would use a new seniority date of whenever your effective date for FT begins. Also you'd now rank out any CR.

Nobody needs to hear the logistics of this crud but the first year as a Lead ends up being the most tough (and most memorable). Are you already a trainer?

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmechris View Post
    Starting out on the bottom doesn't -again- doesn't sound right unless you're stating the fact that you'd be closing as a Lead quite frequently at first. Absolutely the truth (though I've seen exceptions to the rule). Now- promoting to a Lead, in many places- they'd ask you to turn FT. Then you would use a new seniority date of whenever your effective date for FT begins. Also you'd now rank out any CR.

Nobody needs to hear the logistics of this crud but the first year as a Lead ends up being the most tough (and most memorable). Are you already a trainer?
    I'm not a trainer yet, but I've been trying for the last month. It's just that the manager that takes care of the trainers had been gone for a while so I had to wait it out. And then the opportunity to apply for Lead came up, so I figured "why not?" and went for it. I'll find out early next week if I got it. If I didn't, I'm still in the running to go for trainer. But the lead who hired in after me wasn't a trainer before becoming lead...

Also, I won't have to convert from CR to FT. I'll be able to keep my CR limited availability and my location already has tons of FOH leads (off the top of my head, I count 7 or 8).

And when I say I'll be moving to the bottom, that refers to my seniority as a lead.

But again, I don't know if I'll get it, and at this point I'm thinking I won't get it.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

CP - custodial
    Hired - entertainment MK, became a trainer, transferred to Studios (quit)

I don't want to go back to work for Disney unless it was CS as a nurse but I would give anything to just perform one more Fantasmic! show. If I could just go back once a year and perform I would be so happy. I know that would never happen but I can dream!

got hired into attractiosn, would love to transfer into entertainment, but have been to many auditions with no luck.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I hired into Guest Relations - next stop: Adventures by Disney!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Attractions. So far I'm really loving it except for all the Fan GC shifts. That is starting to get old but Fan is going to weekends only so I get to look forward to parades. Yea. Right now, I'm just looking at the short time even though I plan on sticking with Disneyland for the long run. Right now I just want more hours and more time in my attraction or cross trained in a ride that will get me more time.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• CM for 4 years!

Hired into Foods as a Blue Bayou Hostess, moved up to the Fantasmic! Balcony viewing as a Hostess/Server, and now I'm at Cafe Orleans as a server. I'd like to stay in foods (cuz that's where the $$ is!), but it would be nice to be able to go to either the Blue Bayou and serve or the Cove Bar and bartend. :]
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Pretty much everything worked out for me. In my interview I said I wanted to work on an attraction that happens to be cross-train only, and got hired into the ideal spot to work up to that. Then after about 3 months, completely out of the blue I saw XT on my schedule... for the one attraction in the area I swore I'd never want to learn. I thought it was going to delay my original goal a bunch, and expected it to be awful.

Now it's my #1 preference.

A few months later I got the big cross-train I wanted after all, and everything worked out wonderfully for a very satisfied Alpine. I suppose I might want to transfer areas in 2-3 years (I expect to work at Disney for 3-4 more) to experience learning a few more attractions, but things worked out really well for me.

PirateMunkee, have you filled out preferences for Mansion as #1 and put "work location" as #1 in its section? With almost zero CR seniority in that area it'll be tough until HMH is up and running, but after that and cross-training I'd expect your shift schedule to be a lot better for real attractions work.

• Thanks, Ollie

I'm in Guest Relations and love it, but I really want to be a holiday decorator.

• You Spin Me Right Round

I am in ODV now, but i could see myself at Jungle or TL attractions (I say TL, because i hate walking to freaking china to clock in). Heck, Parade Support and Plaid seem very inviting, also.

foods.
    Trainer...
    Had my lead interview today. Second one will be soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast