Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

a new post about restricted rehire status

Hi everyone! I saw a post on restricted rehire status but it was pretty old so I figured I'd post a new one. Any help or stories would be appreciated! I was a cast member back in 99-00. I was a character. I took a medical leave to have my son and when I came back I had too many no call no shows. Now here it is 2007, I'm nearly 30 years old, and I want to go back part time on the weekends to be a character again. Well I went to casting, did the interview, found out I"m on "restricted rehire status". I had to write a blurb as to why I should be rehired by disney. I put that I took full responsibility for my unprofessionalism and being irresponsible when I worked there. I explained how I've grown up in the last 8 years (big difference being 20 and being 28) and blah blah blah. I also had 2 letters of reccommendation written by my current and past full time employer. My recruiter told me it would take about 3 weeks to find out what the "board" says. It's been 2 weeks and I'm so antsy and nervous. Do you think I will get rehired? I just keep thinking- if we all were punished for stupid things we did when we were young this world would be in a lot of trouble! (including the president of the US). LOL!

Re: a new post about restricted rehire status

Oh and BTW I worked at WDW in Orlando...in case that helps!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

We have another member that had left Disney and went back to casting to get rehired. She didn't have a restrictive rehire status and also worked in entertainment. I believe it took at least 3 weeks for her to hear and she still had to go to an audition. She is now at the Safari in AK until she auditions again.

I think it would be easier if you're mouse/duck or Goofy height as they are always in desperate need!

No- I know I totally have to re-audition. I have a few hurdles...first getting rehired and then second reauditioning! And unfortunately, I'm chipmunk height.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Got hired back back at DL a couple of months ago ( I reapplied once a year for four years). I didn't have to write an essay, but I did have to find a recruiter who didn't know my old managers. I went from Attractions to Hotels, and I'm hoping to go on to Entertainment, just have to behave myself a while.

Good Luck to you
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

Good luck on casting granting you the rehire and then on your audition. Where did you work? Perhaps we worked together?

I was a character at Epcot and was in DIS in 99/00 (show no longer there). Thanks for the words of encouragement! I want this so bad, I hate that the decision is in someone else's hands.

I was at MK from '94 - '98 and at the Studios from '98 until '00. I did practically every show and parade role in my height range at MK until I went to Fant!. One of my great friends is now an entertainment manager at Epcot. Unfortunately I only know one person in casting so I can't help you out there.

The recruiter told me that after she gathers my file together (my app with essay, letters of recc. and also her recc. (which she said she thought since i was honest and owned up to it she would reccommend me) then it goes off to my old managers and then to this "board". do you think any of my old epcot managers are still there? i couldn't even tell you any of thier names. i just remember jolene who used to be a face role- so pretty and sweet!- and i think that's it...

The name Jolene rings a bell...was she Snow or Belle? I don't know if stage or area managers from 7 years ago are still there. I know a lot of people I worked with went on to become management. You might be getting recommendations from fellow characters who have been promoted.

I googled "restricted rehire status" online and it seems totally 50/50 of people getting hired back or not. I just wonder how they decide? And how much longer I will have to wait! I'm so anxious about this. As if the audition process wasn't making me nervous enough! Do you know anyone who has gone through this and what the outcome was? If you are still friends with someone in entertainment at Epcot, maybe they will know this process? Thanks so much Sorcerer! Also- I believe she played both princesses back in the day....I remember she had been with the company for years. It's so fun chatting with you!

• Minion

The wheels of Disney bureaucracy grind slowly - when they grind at all.

Be patient but if you're really nervous give casting - and especially the person you dealt with - a call and ask f there's any news or status to report. At least it will show that your interest level and commitment is high.

Good luck.

Let me know how everything works out. If you do get hired back into Epcot entertainment I'll pm you my friend's name and let him know about you. I would love to go back and do one more Fant! but my back is permantly injured from horrible things like the Great Wall in the Mulan parade. Spectro Roger didn't help much! I would also kill to do another MickeyMania parade bouncing down the street on a hippity hop!

I know! Nothing describes the feeling! thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement. I will definitely keep you posted!

• Multi-decade CM

Considering how desperate they are for bodies, I'm surprised they are still making people jump through these hoops. Heck, a bit ago they were sending out letters to people who had been fired, asking them to come back and reapply.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Your new credit limit is $1. Have a nice day.

--== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast