• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Suggestions For Getting Rehired at Disneyland.

Anyone got any advice or suggestions on how to rehired back into Disneyland?? I have a no rehire status and it would be a year in about a month. I am planning to write an essay persuading them to let me come back and drop my "no rehire" status.

1) What are reasons that Disney will let you come back?

2) What do you love most about working at Disneyland?

I had this planned out on the way home, but I totally forgot what I was going to say!! Aaaaarrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Suggestions For Getting Rehired at Disneyland.

What did you do to get no rehire Dan? :I
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Because it does matter!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What happened??

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland is your land.

Well actually I went to reapply yesterday and they offered me as a candidate for a merch role and said if I didn't hear from them in thirty days I was more than welcome to re pply.

So...
    I do not know if thats just a fancy way of them telling me no (since I had restricted rehire status) or if they really don't have anything available in what I asked for.

It seems they are only hiring for foods positions right now, so Dan you may want to wait until the end of September when the Attractions, Stores, and Entertainment positions open up. Also keep in mind that if you have a "no rehire" status the chances of you getting past the Receptionist Desk in Casting is slim to none.

***Heads up***
    If any of you are looking to be in entertainment they are bringing a new parade to DCA in November (according to a Fantasmic sound tech) so applying then would be a great time to get into the entertainment department.
    Class of 2005...

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    What did you do to get no rehire Dan? :I
    I don't know if you know this CM, but she came to DL from DCA. Wat attractions did you work at?

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by ssmccullough View Post
    Well actually I went to reapply yesterday and they offered me as a candidate for a merch role and said if I didn't hear from them in thirty days I was more than welcome to re pply.

So...
    I do not know if thats just a fancy way of them telling me no (since I had restricted rehire status) or if they really don't have anything available in what I asked for.

It seems they are only hiring for foods positions right now, so Dan you may want to wait until the end of September when the Attractions, Stores, and Entertainment positions open up. Also keep in mind that if you have a "no rehire" status the chances of you getting past the Receptionist Desk in Casting is slim to none.

***Heads up***
    If any of you are looking to be in entertainment they are bringing a new parade to DCA in November (according to a Fantasmic sound tech) so applying then would be a great time to get into the entertainment department.
    If they offered you a role...and you tuned it down then they may have been telling you to wait until something else came up. If they didn't offer you anything specific, then yeah they were probably telling you thanks but no thanks, and your letter will be arriving in mail shortly. I had "re-screen status" from 2003-2007. And I applied once a year till they rehired me back in May. I'm working in a different department now, and I'm enjoying it for the most part. There will be Entertainment, Attractions, Stores and other positions opening up in September, this is what they told my girlfriend when she applied, she was offered ap osition back in May but she chouldn't take the job because of school stuff.

As to the no-rehire status...

WHAT DID YOU DO?

I know what I did...and I got "re-screen" status. I'm sure what I did was way worse than what you did. and I got to come back.

If you ever want to get rehired, I agree your chances of getting past the reception desk is slim to none, you're better off talking to your old managers.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I don't know if you know this CM, but she came to DL from DCA. Wat attractions did you work at?
    Hrmn. Oooh. I think I do.

Tell me in PM.

In DCA I worked at Grizzly, Dreams, Trail, and in FastPass. I knew a lot of the Hollywood kids though and quite a few of the Paradise Pier bunch.

... back on subject though, I think the no rehire thing drops off in a year. Or at least they'll reevaluate it. Just be honest with the Casting recruiter (they don't know what the hell they are doing anyways, they are a mighty clueless bunch!).
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Although, word is is that we've finally managed to fill all positions, and when the CTs leave (after tomorrow for NOCC) there will be CRs taking up the slack. It's a big bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Anyone got any advice or suggestions on how to rehired back into Disneyland?? I have a no rehire status and it would be a year in about a month. I am planning to write an essay persuading them to let me come back and drop my "no rehire" status.

1) What are reasons that Disney will let you come back?

2) What do you love most about working at Disneyland?

I had this planned out on the way home, but I totally forgot what I was going to say!! Aaaaarrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!
    Unless there is an obvious reason you shouldn't- have you tried the logical and ask your Manager to see if they can send a Corrective Action form to pop your rehire? PM's