Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cfa

Cfa

why doesn't cfa have a resting room for those who get migraines?
    I get migraines atleast once a month. and when i do get them i get nauseous and just want to lie down or roll around and cry.

i tried going there a couple weeks ago and they wouldn't let me rest.

Re: Cfa

i really do not like CFA. I have had nothing but problems with them. I was out almost a month for gallbladder surgery, and i was supposed to be out for a week, unfortantley i was not able to give them that two to three week notice so i got points for it, no problem, but i gave them two to three week notice when my doctor did extend my medical leave, and i kept faxing that information to them, kept leaving the messages to call me back so i know they got it, my fax said they got it but its disney after all, after faxing them the info everyday until the day i got back, they said that they did not get it, so i got three more points for not having edequate time to give them notice, which i did, not my fault they kept loosing my papers, they said if i brought the papers in my poiints would come off, i went in three different times to give them that information and the said my points will come off, they still haven't taken my points off, and they still have let my managers know they have the information which is why my managers keep having me go back. im getting quite frustrated!

same thing happened with one of my friends. he went on mloa for depression. Tried to come back and they wouldn't let him. so he quit.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    i really do not like CFA. I have had nothing but problems with them. I was out almost a month for gallbladder surgery, and i was supposed to be out for a week, unfortantley i was not able to give them that two to three week notice so i got points for it, no problem, but i gave them two to three week notice when my doctor did extend my medical leave, and i kept faxing that information to them, kept leaving the messages to call me back so i know they got it, my fax said they got it but its disney after all, after faxing them the info everyday until the day i got back, they said that they did not get it, so i got three more points for not having edequate time to give them notice, which i did, not my fault they kept loosing my papers, they said if i brought the papers in my poiints would come off, i went in three different times to give them that information and the said my points will come off, they still haven't taken my points off, and they still have let my managers know they have the information which is why my managers keep having me go back. im getting quite frustrated!
    Have you talked to your union rep about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Have you talked to your union rep about it ?
    Not that I know anything of that particular situation, but not all departments are unionized. So that may not have been an option.

• Multi-decade CM

Quote Originally Posted by surfbillab0ng View Post
    why doesn't cfa have a resting room for those who get migraines?
    I get migraines atleast once a month. and when i do get them i get nauseous and just want to lie down or roll around and cry.

i tried going there a couple weeks ago and they wouldn't let me rest.
    They used to when CFA was located in the Centre. You could go lay on a cot in off to the side. They'd set a clock for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you either went back to work or went home through CFA.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - "Man...was in the forest." - Bambi's Mother (Bambi)

--== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

with points though right?

• Disney Nerd

going home with points when your sick....it's not so bad....

i've noticed that all the ones who complain about going home with points are the ones who abuse them.....just an observation

but going home sick is almost the same as calling in sick......that fraction worked is the only difference...going hom through cfa should still get points, but i think it should be the same as a late, since you at least worked part of your shift. 1.5 for the effort......

still better if sick people stayed home and rested to get better......

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    still better if sick people stayed home and rested to get better......
    Sometimes, you just can't afford the points or the lost wages.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

yeah i have never abused the point system, but i did hire in the time of year i ten to get really really sick. I would have gone to work but when i get hit, i get hit hard since i dont get sick to often. So i already had points from other illnesses and these points from my surgery just pushed it over to were i got a warning and that wasn't faire, at least in my opinion. i gave them adequate time so i wouldnt get points and i still got them because they would loose my papers! I am one of those hard working cast members that try to make those magical moments for those visiting the parks. I work with those type of cast members who abuse the point system and it annoys me to no end.

6 of my points were for an immediate MRI and DR appointment.
    One of my managers said they would take it off, but they never did.

It's sad cuz i have less points than people who recently hired in, and i've been here for 16 months.

I think a lot of them come in thinking it's all fun and games. when in reality its work.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I had the same issue with lost paperwork when I hurt my knee. I could have come back to work 2 months earlier, but first they lost my back to work order and wouldn't take a copy of the same one, so I had to wait to get ANOTHER dr. appointment to get ANOTHER back to work order. Then it went to a manager who didn't like me, so they said "No, we can't accommodate this" and put me off for another month until I managed to get a copy of THAT order to a different manager, who said "of COURSE we can accommodate that, what were they thinking?" and I finally made it back. Between my managers and CFA, I was out for a total of 3 months and then they denied me worker's comp even though it happened on site. Grrrrr.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Disney Nerd

just a tip to help deal with cfa losing stuff....(i do the same with scheduling too)

when you're turning in a note or any paper work. ask the nurse at the desk to photocopy it, then sign & date the photocopy....then they keep the original and you keep the copy. so that if they lose it, you have proof that it was on their end....

• Multi-decade CM

Quote Originally Posted by surfbillab0ng View Post
    with points though right?
    If you went home through CFA, yes. It counted as much as if you just called in sick.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - "Next time you feel like killing, just have a stick of gum." - Leela (Futurama)

• Multi-decade CM

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    yeah i have never abused the point system, but i did hire in the time of year i ten to get really really sick. I would have gone to work but when i get hit, i get hit hard since i dont get sick to often.
    What you do is simply go to work sick. Then ask for an ER. You can usually get it. Or call in and ask if they are ADOing people. That way, you can sometimes get the day off and not have any points against you.

I tended to get colds a lot because people would sneeze on me and I'd catch them. But I would usually come in to work, collapse on the couch (when I was at HISTA) and they'd generally let me go home.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - "I could make love for eight hours at a time. What I didn't mention was that it included four hours of begging, dinner, and a movie." - Sting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast