• Imaginative Possibilities

Question Cast Member Costume Enhacements

As I was working last year during the Mickeys Halloween Treat, we were told we would be able to wear different costume pieces that added to halloween themes, like green chicken little glasses, witch hats, etc... Then it dawned on me why in the world can't we do this all the time, specifically themed to our own costumes and area?! Anyone have any ideas of things they would like to add to their costume to enhance the show? I myself want to put a red grease rag in my back pocket at soarin and allow to tilt my hat a bit to the side to help define my character.
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Minion

Re: Cast Member Costume Enhacements

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    As I was working last year during the Mickeys Halloween Treat, we were told we would be able to wear different costume pieces that added to halloween themes, like green chicken little glasses, witch hats, etc... Then it dawned on me why in the world can't we do this all the time, specifically themed to our own costumes and area?! Anyone have any ideas of things they would like to add to their costume to enhance the show? I myself want to put a red grease rag in my back pocket at soarin and allow to tilt my hat a bit to the side to help define my character.
    Because cogs in a vast machine don't 'dress up'

More seriously, it would be pretty impossible to manage and regulate since the leads would have to monitor and make judgments on each and every departure from the standard costume. There would have to be all kinds of regulations for guidance to cast members and leads. Simply isn't worth it for Disney to deal with it.

• insufferable know-it-all

I'd tried to suggest this back when I was at Pizza Port... that since it was supposed to be a spaceport, it would be fun if we could wear alien makeup with our regular costumes.

No go. I think it steps on the toes of the Entertainment Dept. Therein lies the problem with separate kingdoms.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I suddenly have this image in my mind of a Ferengi trying to rip me off as I'm trying to pay for a Countdown Chicken Fusilli and a fountain drink.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

LOLOL... that was GREAT!!!

• Can Only Wish For More!

Well, in New Orleans, ODV can wear beads around our necks since we are in a festive Mardi Gras area.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Imaginative Possibilities

makeup is a bit far fetched but I mean in minor details...as im hearing over at mansion, they have alot of toys to support their show
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Jungle Cruise used to be able to dress up thier costumes with a whole host of crap. Hats, props...stuff we found in our closets. We were encouraged to make up a character that went along with our props, and costume enhancments.

There was a brief resugance of this until hey changed the Jungle costumes recently. There was even a CM who made up Jungle themed Sant Hats for Christmas. That story can be found in the Jungle Cruise Antics thread.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."