• Nutty about Disney parks

resort discounts

How much of a discount do CMs get on stays at a Disney World resort for guests and their families? I'm just asking cuz my family will be coming in November. My dad prefers to stay at All Star Music again cuz he's budget conscious but I am thinking that for the discounted price, we could move up to staying at a moderate resort. Plus my mom who is the opposite of my dad and likes the luxury would probably enjoy staying at a moderate resort more than a value one. Of course deluxe resorts are out of the question unless the prices are reasonable!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Re: resort discounts

It's something like 50% on rooms. Check on the Hub

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    It's something like 50% on rooms. Check on the Hub
    Check your PM's for the details on how to get there on the Portal.

• Disney Nerd

You should check out the trip packages. They are a much better deal seeing as how they include airfare, hotel, and transportation to & from WDW.

• Minion

Value resorts come out very cheap after the discount...like $40 a night. Moderates come out to about $75. I encourage all DL cast members to take a trip out to Florida if they're able to.

As for the cast trips, I can swear they raised their prices for the last set of trips. If you are internet savvy and can find a $200 flight to Orlando, its MUCH cheaper to book things yourself.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by dlrfanatic View Post
    Value resorts come out very cheap after the discount...like $40 a night. Moderates come out to about $75. I encourage all DL cast members to take a trip out to Florida if they're able to.

As for the cast trips, I can swear they raised their prices for the last set of trips. If you are internet savvy and can find a $200 flight to Orlando, its MUCH cheaper to book things yourself.
    Thanks for the info I am getting.

So far I've tried doing the reservation thing to see what kind of prices I would get. I havent found anything THAT cheap. So far I only found 40% off discounts, and I calculated the possibility of four people in a standard double room for Value it's $74 and for Moderate $117. And this is still during the value season when the cheapest room is supposed to calculate at 82 bucks.

The packages are interesting but my family will probably drive and not fly to Florida regardless. Which is funny cuz when we last went to WDW back in 1998, I couldve sworn that my dad promised that we would return here first class (meaning travel by air, stay a deluxe hotel, etc) But then my sister and I went to college...and my dad quit his job...that's our financial situation story for ya!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!