Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your Magical Moments...

With the Million Dreams still in progression (sorry... I know everyone's tired of hearing about that YOMD stuff!), what do you do everyday to make sure your Guests are having a memorable visit? Do you have a favorite story, or an experience that really touched you? Give me your story.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Re: Your Magical Moments...

This didn't happen during YOAMD, it happened during my first week out of training. Also, I didn't make the magic for a guest, a 6 year old boy made the magic for me. He came into Mickey's house with his father and was so sincere when he asked me if I locked the doors at night so burglers wouldn't get in. He told me that he worried someone would break in (he must have lived in a high crime area). He pulled out a little keychain with Mickey on it that was sold throughout the park. He gave it to me "to keep my keys on". Being new I was wary of taking it because of the whole do not accept gifts from guests policy. The dad told me that this boy used his very own spending money to buy it for me and his face was pleading for me to take it.

If only this little boy, now 19, knew I still have my keys on that keychain to this day!

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    This didn't happen during YOAMD, it happened during my first week out of training. Also, I didn't make the magic for a guest, a 6 year old boy made the magic for me. He came into Mickey's house with his father and was so sincere when he asked me if I locked the doors at night so burglers wouldn't get in. He told me that he worried someone would break in (he must have lived in a high crime area). He pulled out a little keychain with Mickey on it that was sold throughout the park. He gave it to me "to keep my keys on". Being new I was wary of taking it because of the whole do not accept gifts from guests policy. The dad told me that this boy used his very own spending money to buy it for me and his face was pleading for me to take it.

If only this little boy, now 19, knew I still have my keys on that keychain to this day!
    That's what it's all about......
    <3 Chloe

• Disappearing/Reappearing

that is THE sweetest story!!!!!

Teaching kids a magic trick that results in their finding a button is always heartwarming.

The Mickey Mouse one is way too cool. Gave me goose bumps.

I try to make the guests laugh or smile by doing something special. I have a 'special' birthday song that I sing to guests when I see their birthday button. A lot of times, they smile and say thanks and walk on. At least they got sung to on their birthday.

Yeah i love giving buttons and other things. i have a couple favorite magical moments that i would like to share.

The first one was on King Triton's Carousel of the Sea and at this attractions magical moments the cast member find a guest and make them a prince or princess and lead swimmer for their round of the swim. So there was a little girl that came in, it was her birthday so i made her princess and leads swimmer of the carousel and then before she could exit out to the ride i told her someone called her at the attraction looking for her so i gave her the phone and got goofy on the phone to sing her happy birthday. I love doing this sort of stuff it what makes me job wonderful! And its sad because alot of CMs i work with at the pier do not like doing this sort of stuff at all. They treat this job like a regular job and do as little interaction with the guests as possible and it annoys the heck out of me.

Another story is that i was opening trails one morning and i was at the cable swings with another cast member and i was trying to help out this little girl who just barely made the height requirement to get onto the seat and before doing so she was showing me a pine cone she found and was telling me very excitedly how she found it and named it and how she would keep it forever. She was having a hard time and unfortantley her adult was not there at the moment to help her up and its against the rules to lift children up by ourselves so unfortantley didn't ride that time. But then she came around a second time and it took another cast member and i are best efforts to get her onto the seat and we took awhile but we assured her it was ok, we were going to get her on this one way or another, finally after some different trys we got her on and what not and she gave her pinecone that she found and named to me as a thank you and thanked her and said are you sure you want to give up your pet pine cone and she said yes this is for helping me.

AW!!!!! Did you keep the pinecone??? I'm such a sap (pun intended), I probably would have. I kept a rock my daughter gave me for years.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

My favorite Magical Memory was when I was at HISTA exit waiting for the show to let out. In the middle, a little came out crying. She was scared. So, I bent down, told her it was only a movie, and pretend and gave her a honorary citizen sticker and told her she was brave and the little gril gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. That just made my day!!! I know that guests aren't suppose to kiss CMs on the cheek, let alone a little girl.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I don't know how magical this one is, but I was working Golden Screams the other day while some of the villains were out. Lady Tremaine was out front and a little girl dressed as Cinderella came by. Her mother leaned over to me and asked who the character was. I acted surprised and said, "why, its Lady Tremaine!" I then leaned down to the little girl and said, "I'm sure you know who that is; its your wicked stepmother!". The little girl looked up at me with a slightly puzzled look on her face, and then I said, "well, aren't you Cinderella?" She got this big bashful smile and giggled softly. Then her mom took her over so she could have her picture taken with her 'stepmother'.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout View Post
    I don't know how magical this one is, but I was working Golden Screams the other day while some of the villains were out. Lady Tremaine was out front and a little girl dressed as Cinderella came by. Her mother leaned over to me and asked who the character was. I acted surprised and said, "why, its Lady Tremaine!" I then leaned down to the little girl and said, "I'm sure you know who that is; its your wicked stepmother!". The little girl looked up at me with a slightly puzzled look on her face, and then I said, "well, aren't you Cinderella?" She got this big bashful smile and giggled softly. Then her mom took her over so she could have her picture taken with her 'stepmother'.
    That's cute. I used to go as Belle... In her blue dress. I had an Alice costume too. Alice, Belle... and... I think that's all. After I outrgrew my Belle dress, it ended.

If I see a girl dressed as a princess I say hi respectively. I think they think I'm crazy!

One little girl, one time, talked to me. I was in line for Small World, and was holding my Simba plushie. This little girl looked over at me and said happily, "Hey! Your holding my father!" I looked puzzled at her, and she held up her similar Kiara plushie and I laughed and said, "Oh, look! Max, she's holding Kiara!" It just so happened my sister had a Nala plushie. It was a nice moment.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

The cutest sight I ever saw was one time Snow White was walking around holding hands of two little girls, also dressed as Snow White.

Another time, we were done working the first parade and on our way to lunch when we walked out the Pan Shop that I suddent saw a group of little girls, each dressed as the Princesses from Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Princess Auroa, Jasmine, Pocahontas, etc.... It was so cute that we took a picture with them!!!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

My favorite magical memory is when the honorary grand marshals forget their balloons. After the parade, they take all the blue Mickey balloons off the fire engine and leave them in the back of City Hall for the family to pick up at the end of the night. But the family almost always forgets and the balloons get popped and thrown away. A couple times I've waited until the VERY end of the night (just in case the family showed up for their balloons at 12:58) and then took the whole huge bunch out onto Main St. and given them to a child on their way home. The dad usually looks at me like 'how am I gonna get THOSE into the car?' but you should see the smile on the kid's face.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    My favorite magical memory is when the honorary grand marshals forget their balloons. After the parade, they take all the blue Mickey balloons off the fire engine and leave them in the back of City Hall for the family to pick up at the end of the night. But the family almost always forgets and the balloons get popped and thrown away. A couple times I've waited until the VERY end of the night (just in case the family showed up for their balloons at 12:58) and then took the whole huge bunch out onto Main St. and given them to a child on their way home. The dad usually looks at me like 'how am I gonna get THOSE into the car?' but you should see the smile on the kid's face.

My dad would be the one giving you a look like, "OH THANKS." He has a pretty small car.

The dad usually looks at me like 'how am I gonna get THOSE into the car?' but you should see the smile on the kid's face.
    speaking as a parent who drove more than 8 hours in a Ford Focus with a GIANT Tinkerbell balloon, one kid and three adults....thanks. Haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast