Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question from New CM

I have a question. Does anyone know how the CDS works? Is it random in selecting your assignments when you swipe or do leads organize it? And what does CDS mean anyway? I seem to get the sucky positions and am wondering if I am just lucky or selected.???

Question from New CM

On one of my shifts, I called Security for a guest's personal safety issue and they arrived within a minute or two. Very fast for being in the middle of the park. And, I agree with Pressler69. It is a shame that pot smoking is happening and being tolerated. It is illegal and Security should be more on it.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 10-09-2007 at 09:42 PM.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Re: Question from New CM

Quote Originally Posted by andek098 View Post
    On one of my shifts, I called Security for a guest's personal safety issue and they arrived within a minute or two. Very fast for being in the middle of the park. And, I agree with Pressler69. It is a shame that pot smoking is happening and being tolerated. It is illegal and Security should be more on it.
    ... that was out of the blue. huh??

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout View Post
    ... that was out of the blue. huh??
    No not really... some silly mod accidently moved that post too and now can't get it back where it actually belongs.... :

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I have a question. Does anyone know how the CDS works? Is it random in selecting your assignments when you swipe or do leads organize it? And what does CDS mean anyway? I seem to get the sucky positions and am wondering if I am just lucky or selected.???
    CDS 'works'?? hmm.

CDS = Cast Deployment System. It says so in large letters right on the screen when you sign in. Didn't your trainer explain it?

The program is 'programed' but it can be modified by any of your leads if you are needed elsewhere or other situations arise.

• Fastest Man Alive

As mentioned earlier- it stands for Cast Deployment System.

CDS ensures that CMs are assigned to the critical positions required for an area (whether it be a store or attraction or what have you) open. It also reponsible to ensure that breaks and lunches are sent out within a reasonable amount of time.
    This is accomplished by making sure that there is always 1 CM on an OT, or Optimized Task, so that there is an extra person that 'bumps' others to either another position or to their breaks.
    Where you go is different at each location depending on the rotation setup. In general CDS rotates CMs through a set cycle of positions, the order is preset as to which positions open and are dropped at which time. Leads are then responsible for adjusting this due to the little thing called 'reality' which always messes up pre-planned scenarios.

Getting the sucky positions? In general, you are just unlucky. It is possible to go into CDS and manually place you in the sucky positions, but it is not worth hassle unless someone is really determined to make your life miserable. It's just your luck of the draw, in the that your always entering the rotation at the time a sucky position needs to be filled.

Hope that didn't just confuse the situation further.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Yeah, you can occasionally get stuck in loops, where you become the person CDS uses to give people breaks... never letting you get to the place you want to go.

Location size, start time, and how much extra breathing room is in the CDS assignments that day tend to lead to varied positions or catching rotation again and again. I like shifts that start at :15 or :45 since I know I'll at least definitely start out in any position aside from the first.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Basically, CDS has a list of assignments in a queue and are assigned to each CM as they log in. They are arranged from rotational bumps, breaks or lunches, picking up a position, telling a CM to drop a position, or even an optimize task. a Lead has an option of assigning a task to a CM if they wanted to just in case breaks are early, someone has been bumped around, or taking someone off break or lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Yeah, you can occasionally get stuck in loops, where you become the person CDS uses to give people breaks... never letting you get to the place you want to go.
    Yeah, it sucks that you are at the last position before logging in, rotation comes, log ing, and you are back where you were before. This continues for several rotations and can get very annoying!

CDS sounds like a hassle... I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

When CDS goes down, WE are all screwed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    When CDS goes down, WE are all screwed!!

not if the lead is smart and prints out the Daily activity queue

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karnever View Post
    not if the lead is smart and prints out the Daily activity queue
    You mean actually PRINT out the activity queue or hand write it ALL out???

That's why you are Lead Of The Year, Karnever,

That's always fun. I can tell when my lunch will be!

And hang on... were there multiple leads of the year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast