Thread: I'm so sad...

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Sad I'm so sad...

Friday was my last day at Disney. My manager is a creep, and my two weeks only lasted a week and a half because he knew I wanted to work on the 17th. He told me it was because he wanted to make sure My last day was in the same pay period, but it really isn't that hard to have someone leave in the middle of the week?? I'm sure people do it all the time. I didn't even get to get my cast gift because I worked 7-7:15 on Friday. I'm so depressed. I'm going to miss Disneyland so much!! I can't believe I wasn't there on the 50th.

• Minion

Re: I'm so sad...

Working there and being blocked out wasn't so great either. I had a friend too, who was "seperated" on Sat, due to points. That was sad too. Sorry you didn't get your gifts.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

I think it's so ridiculous how they're separating people left and right, regardless of how long they've worked there. No wonder they have no one to fill shifts. They called me to work on the 17th...i laughed so hard.

• Sock Puppet

Why are they "seperating" so many cast members now. Is mgmt. starting to crack on cm's with tons of points?

• Minion

Yeah, they started a "new policy" a couple of weeks ago. What really gets me is my friend was a good cast member, yet there's other CM's you can't stand, lots of other CM's complain about them, but since their attendance is better, they're still there.

• Sock Puppet

What a shame. I last worked at the park in 2000-2001, as a second job, and I saw a lot of good workers get termed due to point accumulation. Towards the end of my career there, I was working almost 80 hours a week and was finally gettting worn out by it. So I started calling in sick a few times over my last few weekends, cause I was so worn out, but I never let it get to the point of being fired due to points. I finally put my 2 week notice in.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

That's basically what's happening. We were being scheduled 3 or 4 weeks in a row with no days off, and on top of that the days were at least 10 hours. Then they started with the mandatory overtime, no matter how long your cheduled shift was. It was too much, and you just have to have a day off. i got really sick and I realized it just wasn't worth it.

• insufferable know-it-all

So.... did you work the 17th and get your stuff after all?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• :)

The people up in scheduling and the management staff dont realize that CM's HAVE lifes...I mean, their life is disneyland...their alot older most of the time and those are their full time jobs...alot of us CM's have school to attend and other things....I used to rush straight from school to the park for work and would JUST be making it everyday, some days late...but just because their life revolves around disney doesnt mean ours does all the time...they show up to work at sit at a desk and what not and we have to work our buts off alot of the time, its all fun but someimtes its not...If i have work at 4...I have to plan to leave at 2 seenig how its 30 minutes to get from parking to your location and driving+traffic..not cool :P I have alot of points i hope they dont drop me!

• Minion

I have a primary job in addition to working at DCA and I've finally gotten to the end of my endurance. I've decided to quit in Feb after the 5th Anniversary. Well, honestly, I'm starting to vaccilate on that. MY 5 yr anni is on 12-9 so I'll stay for sure until then, but I figure the most we'll get on the park's 5 yr is a button and only if you work on that day. I think's its during the week and I only work on the weekends, so I wouldn't get anything anyway!