Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Disneyland raises starting wages across the board

Today our managers started letting new Cast Members know that the starting wage has been raised for nearly every hourly department.

For Attractions, the starting wage is going up from $8.20 to the new starting wage of $9.05, effective next Sunday. If you currently make less than $9.05, you will get an instant pay raise to the new rate. If you are making more than $9.05, your wage stays the same and the existing pay scale and annual raises stay the same.

New Cast Members currently hiring in at the Casting Center will start at $9.05, and the new wages will be advertised in the Casting collateral materials.

Foods Cast Members are getting a higher starting wage closer to $10.00, even higher than called for in their new Union Contract that they just ratified last week. The Company waited a few days after the contract was ratified, and then raised the pay rate even higher than what the Union "won" in the negotiations that just finished.

Third Shift Custodial starting wage went up to $9.75, while Day Custodial is now at $9.05 to start, and Stores CM's are going up to $9.05 to start, etc.

This will impact thousands of Cast Members who will be getting sudden raises, because so many of the CM's now are newbies who are still 18 months or younger in their seniority.

Hopefully this will help pull in some better New Hires through Casting for the Christmas season. A lot of the newbies are pretty sad lately.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Re: Disneyland raises starting wages across the board

what? Foods get $10.00 per hour across the board?
    Which shows Disney would have gone hire IF the union fought them harder...
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Minion

I forget the new starting wage for Foods, but it was substantially higher than the $9.05 Attractions and Stores is now getting.

I think it was like $9.85 for Foods? Something rather close to 10 bucks an hour to start.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    I forget the new starting wage for Foods, but it was substantially higher than the $9.05 Attractions and Stores is now getting.

I think it was like $9.85 for Foods? Something rather close to 10 bucks an hour to start.
    9.32 for cashiers....
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• DLR Cast Member

Does this apply to Main Entrance Sellers/Takers, too?? I want a raise... this $8.53 an hour ain't cutting it..

• Shubisha

how about entertainment which started at the base of 9.40 previously?

D:
    That's a raise for ya!
    That means with the second shift bonus (after 7:00) Fantasmic! HH comes to 9.20... a full dollar up!

is there anything on the portal that says this? I havent heard anything about this Im in attractions?

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    is there anything on the portal that says this? I havent heard anything about this Im in attractions?
    Nope. The Hub/Portal really doesn't keep up to date with any important information anyways.

I'm still waiting to here this for myself, it sounds like they might actually be listening all of the years worth of data they have been collecting saying that the wages are a joke.

However, I am worried about the new wage progression chart. If only the starting wage is altered, it has been raised to such a degree that it is above the 2 year wage level under the Master Services Agreement. This means that unless the contract is altered, new CMs coming in will not get a raise for over 2 years. Granted they will be making more to start, but not getting recognized after such a relatively long period of employment (for entry level jobs these days) is really not going to retain people.

I'd hope that this would bump up everyone across the board too. How about rewarding the existing CMs who have been putting up with everything and keeping the park running these last few years?
    I remember the last wage increase, I was a seasoned CM- and then they raised the starting level WITHOUT raising anything else. This resulted in alot of older CMs making 4 cents more than a new hire, that slap in the face is hard to forget.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Shubisha

well minimum wage is going up again with the new year and they usually increase proportionally maybe they're just doing it early to keep people/attract people during the holidays?:P

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    For Attractions, the starting wage is going up from $8.20 to the new starting wage of $9.05, effective next Sunday.
    Nice. Wonder what my old departments will now be getting, especially the Disney Desks since I was thinking of transferring back there.

... but eh, not like I need the money from my "weekend Disneyland fun job" anyways. I'm only back there because it gives me something to do but once I start craving having full days off again...
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I was sure surprised to hear this from my manager a couple of days ago. Pleasantly surprised!

But it does say a lot about how "effective" our unions are. They need to go the way of the dinosaur, and fast. Worthless!

yea It would be nice if the raise was across the board for every CM not matter how long. Also make Lead rate more then Trainer rate and not the same as is now........ thanks for that one Union

i think it's BS how the junior chefs are getting around 17 or 18...or something like that
    idk. it just doesn't seem fair. they dont really do anything.

• Disney Nerd

The Jr. Chefs aren't getting $17 or $18. They're getting the same rate as pastry bakers, which starts around $10. Perhaps some are getting a higher wage due to years of service and earned increases.

It is not a rate, compared to the other pastry baker positions, that I feel they deserve though.

However in the contract, the job description of a pastry baker includes mixing batter, which they do. It's lame, but it's technically right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast