• Sock Puppet

Extra Curricular Activities Outside Of Work

Ok all fellow cast members:

What were the things that you enjoyed doing outside of working at Disneyland. I thoroughly enjoyed both co-ed and men's softball leagues, bowling leagues, canoe races, Goofy Pursuit, Minnie's Moonlight Madness, just to name a few. Everyone share their experiences.

• Minion

Thumbs up Re: Extra Curricular Activities Outside Of Work

i loved basketball ( watching, notplaying) and bowling parties,group lunches and concierge nights!
    please be afraid.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Extra Curricular Activities Outside Of Work

I particularly enjoyed taking part in the softball leagues, although I never played. I was, at that time, an aspiring radio announcer with a goal of one day doing baseball play-by-play. (I made it into radio, but ironically never did baseball PBP). Anyway each Sunday night I would bring my tape recorder to the games involving my fellow NOMK workers (The "Pits", based on the DEC's nickname). I recorded a play by play of the game, added in actual commercials from Angels radio broadcasts between innings to make it sound more real, and everybody got a kick out of "hearing" themselves when I played back the tapes at work later in the week.
    And what was more fun, after working a hard summer night, than a jaunt across the street to HoJo's. I remember one time one of my fellow workers was giving the waitress the "business", saying that he wanted his omelette to look exactly like the one on the menu.
    So, she returned to the table with our orders, and his was covered by a lid. Sure enough, there on his plate - was the picture of the omelette.
    Great memories.
    Radiobarry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Extra Curricular Activities Outside Of Work

ahhhhhhhh, yes indeed those are great memories. i love the PBP of the soft ball games that you were talking about. Do you still have it??

Glenn

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Extra Curricular Activities Outside Of Work

Sadly, they are now just another memory. If I had only kept them...they might be worth, gee, 10 cents apiece on E-Bay (LOL)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Softball and more softball

• Sock Puppet

I sure miss that competition from both coed and men's softball. I played on numerous teams during my time at the park in the late 70's and 80's. I remember playing on the Cafe Orleans, Village Haus co-ed teams. As far as men's teams, they were: Adventureland, Riverbelle Terrace, Black Sheep, Tomorrowland. My favroite park to play at was Modjeska Park. I also remember the team that always won the title and that was Sunkist. Ahhhhh, Bo and his recruiting college players to win it all.

Glenn

we play co-ed tournament softball tournaments which are fun