Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• To infinity & beyond!!

Question How long does the backgroung check usually take?

I was just wondering if any of you have had a background check take longer than the two weeks that I was told. Its been almost 3 now and I've called twice, but I've been told its still processing. Does it usually take this long?

Oops I just noticed the typo..
    Last edited by babyfirefly; 11-19-2007 at 12:12 AM.

• Minion

Re: How long does the backgroung check usually take?

Quote Originally Posted by babyfirefly View Post
    I was just wondering if any of you have had a background check take longer than the two weeks that I was told. Its been almost 3 now and I've called twice, but I've been told its still processing. Does it usually take this long?

That might depend on what is in your background.

If there are some things that are of concern, the service that does it might take longer to research the details or look for additional information.

Still, it does seem like a long time. They might be taking longer to make a decision and telling you it's part of the background check. If so, it's not exactly a lie but it is misleading.

Some people get hired immediately but those tend to be people with no self-identified issues or with known, verified histories (such as rehires).

I have heard here in Micechat that they are trying to avoid having to fire people after hiring and training them and so waiting for background checks but that clearly isn't true in all cases.

None of this is intended as a reference to your personal background.

• Banned User

If you are unsure(such as driving history, or criminal history) can you contact such agencies that deal with those scenarios(I.E. dmv, police dept, dept of justice, etc) to verify your background info or is that your responsibility to know such things before applying??

and......can you legally do so, or is it a need to know scenario??
    Last edited by disneyfan07; 11-21-2007 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfirefly View Post

It usually does not take that long. Then again, they may have an unusual amount of applicants to sort through. I always suggest to anyone asking me about getting hired, that if there is anything you might think may be questionable, is to tell them prior to the check being done. This way there are no suprises when they run it.

• Banned User

okay attempt #2 If you are unsure(such as driving history, or criminal history) can you contact such agencies that deal with those scenarios(I.E. dmv, police dept, dept of justice, etc) to verify your background info or is that your responsibility to know such things before applying??

and......can you legally do so, or is it a need to know scenario?? I need to know this because I am thinking about applying for a job at the disneyland resort and I want to be able to start my job without any problems. and I definitely dont want to be fired for concealing info(unintentially of course)

• To infinity & beyond!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    okay attempt #2 If you are unsure(such as driving history, or criminal history) can you contact such agencies that deal with those scenarios(I.E. dmv, police dept, dept of justice, etc) to verify your background info or is that your responsibility to know such things before applying??

and......can you legally do so, or is it a need to know scenario?? I need to know this because I am thinking about applying for a job at the disneyland resort and I want to be able to start my job without any problems. and I definitely dont want to be fired for concealing info(unintentially of course)

Well, they ask you if you have any misdemeanors which is definitely your responsibility to know. There are some things you can look up online using background check websites, but you can contact only certain agencies. You should definitely know everything you can before applying and write down everything on the application. Even if you think something is not on your record any longer, it still might be possible for employers/landlords/creditors, etc... to see it. (or so I've been told)
    I have a DUI that was reduced to reckless driving non alcohol related from 1999 and I wrote that down, event though it is supposed to be off my record after 7years but I think that might now be the reason for the delay since thats all thats on my record!

Go to any police station with your drivers license and ask for a printout of all your priors, staple it to your ap. Or if you have never done anything wrong, just kick back and wait.

By the way your admitting a dui thats possibly not on your record is a good reason why you should go get your printout, it may or may not be on your record, no sense telling them your a drunk driver when the state doesnt recognize it.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Did they already offer you the job?

I'm so confused regarding Castings "process"... does it take longer on different days/times?

Personally, I just walked in at noon today and walked out with an offer at 3 pm...

I wonder if it's just more of an "assembly line" at the moment because of the upcoming holidays and job fair...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Did they already offer you the job?

I'm so confused regarding Castings "process"... does it take longer on different days/times?

Personally, I just walked in at noon today and walked out with an offer at 3 pm...

I wonder if it's just more of an "assembly line" at the moment because of the upcoming holidays and job fair...
    What did they offer you if you don't mind me asking, my experience was much the same, i walked in filled some stuff out and was made an offer and a week later i was working in the park.Maybe if the op admitted something they want to be thorough with the back ground check.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    What did they offer you if you don't mind me asking, my experience was much the same, i walked in filled some stuff out and was made an offer and a week later i was working in the park.Maybe if the op admitted something they want to be thorough with the back ground check.
    It was exactly the same with me. I went in today and I'm already scheduled to fill out final paperwork tomorrow and Traditions tentatively scheduled for Wednesday.

It was almost like an assembly line today. Tons of people filling out paperwork, doing the online application, interviewed, walking out with blue packets.

I figured it's because of the holiday season just around the corner, along with the Job Fair starting on Wednesday.

My roommate on the other hand went in on a Monday, and I believe she didn't get hired until the end of the week... but then again, she went in to Casting during late August / Early September of last year. Not the busiest of times for the park.

I did see some people being told to try back again later but I figured it was because the positions they wanted weren't open.

It really didn't seem like very many people were being turned down...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• insufferable know-it-all

They're still backed up from the job fair they had a couple weeks ago.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

I actually havent applied...................yet................I am thinking about it though............

I just think it would be a good idea to have all the necessary info up front before I fill out an ap. and go in for an interview.

mainly what I am trying to avoid is misleading info, or omitting information that I might need.

• Do you believe in magic?

A couple of minor traffic tickets isn't anything to worry about is it? They wouldn't consider a speeding ticket and a ticket for insufficient space a misdemeanor would they?
    Last edited by Smoozie; 11-27-2007 at 06:40 PM.
    Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast