Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: The Disneyland Resort Cast Shuttle

okay attempt #2. please answer my question. k-lot. does that mean katella???

Yea, K-Lot refers to the employee parking lot off Katella and Clementine.

*runs away from angry storming mob of fellow CMs*

Quote Originally Posted by glendalais89 View Post
    Yea, K-Lot refers to the employee parking lot off Katella and Clementine.

*runs away from angry storming mob of fellow CMs*
    hah...KCML..There's another one..

sooooo with all the talk about Katella Lot (KCML) and because of a friend who still works at the Resort- I was thinking...

I'm concerned about the Gardenwalk. Cast Members might find it a great 'watering' hole for them after their shifts. Cheesecake opens on 12/3 and the rest of the front Restaurants shortly later. And that's just the beginning- If you don't know what the Gardenwalk will have in store- go to the Gardenwalk Site- click Leasing Plans, then download the link attached to the floorplan photo- the whole thing is nearly occupied..

You can see the possibilty of a LOT of CM's walking from Harbor Pointe to the Gardenwalk, getting tanked, and then going to KCML. Or even taking the shuttle to KCML and walking across the street. If you're one of those people with that lovely plan- remember that KCML is Company Property- and you must be sober to enter. Just be smart- and don't think they're not all over this already.

All this comes to mind because of a friend who was telling me he overheard another Cast Member takling about going to Joe's for a drink after work. The other person complained of the idiocy of driving just to park 150' away, and they concluded to walk out of the lot and come back after dinner. Folks- this is a no-no plain and simple. I'm sure it will surface topics of Roll Call's in the coming months...

Happy Hunting...
    Last edited by youcancallmechris; 12-01-2007 at 01:44 AM.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Hope this doesn't sound too "elitist", but sometimes I think it'd be great to have a CM-only lounge... if only so we could discuss our jobs without having to explain it to everyone all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout View Post
    Hope this doesn't sound too "elitist", but sometimes I think it'd be great to have a CM-only lounge... if only so we could discuss our jobs without having to explain it to everyone all the time.
    Absolutely agreed- but how would you phaze in Alumni??!!

LOL and what- do we use our Portal/Hub ID's to Login? :-P Meh- I'm just careful about what I say- and I suggest others do the same. For the most part it's pretty well done, though a few things have been discussed where I wanted to reply but couldn't. It's kind of frustrating at that point where you climb the dreaded wall of 'conflict of interest', 'dispensing company secrets', and all that fun stuff mixed in with the exclamation point banging in my mind about the freedom of speech. This recipe makes a great fruit salad of a headache and I usually end up just closing my web browser and coming back later when I can think clearly. Even though I'm done there- I still feel the obligation to live up to the same expectations I would as if I still were a CM...wierd huh..

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Not weird at all; totally understandable. I feel that way when I have to run an errand on my way to or from work: when I've got that costume on I represent the company, whether I'm on the clock or not.

• Disney Nerd

Not weird at all; totally understandable. I feel that way when I have to run an errand on my way to or from work: when I've got that costume on I represent the company, whether I'm on the clock or not.
    I totally agree and I wish more CM's felt this way.

In fact, though I may be hated, I think getting rid of fast track would help to decrease the kind of behavior that looks bad on the company. I personally wouldn't mind if I couldn't wear my costume home.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

You should consider going Gold and starting a private club. Then you can set the stipulation that you have to be a current or past CM to join.

Problem solved!

Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Taking costumes home starts another debate with me... I remember the first time I saw a Cast Member walking down MY street in Costume. Even had his nametag on. Kinda gross... the best part was 4 months later when I saw him walking down my street again.. wearing a Taco Dell (you choose which one it was...TB or DT...) outfit. I guess it didn't work out in Theme Parks...

Yes they are off the 91 freeway between Lakewood Blvd. and Downey Ave going West. They are located in a maintenance yard with other shuttles. I was going by there the other day on my way home and I looked out my windown and said "Hey Look the cast shuttles are down there!" No one cared but yeah they're not at DL. I was gonna make a post about it but was beat to it. Kinda random to see something like that in Paramount/Bellflower.

It looked like they were getting some TLC. I was pretty sure that the cast bus was being worked on when I passed and looked to be getting a wash. Maybe they are getting an upgrade. They are some new Cast shuttles at the resort right now so it looks like the old ones will be back soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmechris View Post
    Taking costumes home starts another debate with me... I remember the first time I saw a Cast Member walking down MY street in Costume. Even had his nametag on. Kinda gross... the best part was 4 months later when I saw him walking down my street again.. wearing a Taco Dell (you choose which one it was...TB or DT...) outfit. I guess it didn't work out in Theme Parks...
    a little OT I know, but I have to jump in on this one- when I go as a guest to DLR I HATE seeing CMs that just got off work, sitting in the 15 min. parking waiting for rides or walking down the street- all in costume!!! Last time there was a HM cm, talking on his cell phone, smoking, and wearing a huge blue (i think) backpack, while waiting for a ride.... uh... bad show anyone??

I don't want to sound like I'm being elitist or anything- I know that we're lucky to have CM parking lots behind each park in orlando and that DLR just isn't set up like that.... but it kills me! ha

• Banned User

I sense a little hostility here:

okay fine I admit I am not a cast member, but I am posting here(and on other cm forums) because I am gathering info. I am curious, I am kicking around the possibility of becominng a cm and the info I gather might come in handy. however, I do not see in the rules that non cms are barred from this and all other cm forums. so , with this settled, I appreciate my question answered(although it took two attempts. one should have been sufficient) and please, in the future, dont make obvious statements to the fact that I am not a cm, and JUST ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE?????

do I troll? no.
    do I attack anyone?? heck no.
    would I?? heck no.
    I have the utmost respect for all cast members. you all do a heck of a great job. each time I go to the disneyland resort I have a great time. I take my hat off and salute you all.

however I am confused::: whats wrong with a non cm asking a question on a cm forum??????
    Last edited by disneyfan07; 12-12-2007 at 10:58 PM.

• You Spin Me Right Round

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post

okay fine I admit I am not a cast member, but I am posting here(and on other cm forums) because I am gathering info. I am curious, I am kicking around the possibility of becominng a cm and the info I gather might come in handy. however, I do not see in the rules that non cms are barred from this and all other cm forums. so , with this settled, I appreciate my question answered(although it took two attempts. one should have been sufficient) and please, in the future, dont make obvious statements to the fact that I am not a cm, and JUST ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTIONS PLEASE?????
    Relax dude.

If you really want to know what happens, go get a job there, and hang out with other cast members. No need to gather information, you learn all of this while working there. You are not expected to know when hiring in what K-Lot is, what BOH means, What the team center sells, or what the 4 keys are. You learn all of that. Remember, just because one person replies to your post, it is still there, you don't need a "second attempt" it will get answered.

Go get a job, you have very little to lose, and you will enjoy yourself, i have met so many great friends at Disney, and it is like high school without the graduation or drama. Well, graduation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post

okay fine I admit I am not a cast member, but I am posting here(and on other cm forums) because I am gathering info. I am curious, I am kicking around the possibility of becominng a cm and the info I gather might come in handy. however, I do not see in the rules that non cms are barred from this and all other cm forums. so , with this settled, I appreciate my question answered(although it took two attempts. one should have been sufficient) and please, in the future, dont make obvious statements to the fact that I am not a cm, and JUST ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE?????

do I troll? no.
    do I attack anyone?? heck no.
    would I?? heck no.
    I have the utmost respect for all cast members. you all do a heck of a great job. each time I go to the disneyland resort I have a great time. I take my hat off and salute you all.

however I am confused::: whats wrong with a non cm asking a question on a cm forum??????
    For the record, I did:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=17

It's the employee parking lot off Katella and Clementine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast