Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: The Disneyland Resort Cast Shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    I've been told off by cast members when I ask them not to shop in costume. I feel like my mother chiding kids for running in the grocery store, but I'm not going to stand there and watch someone in a full mansion costume browsing the pin cart. The worst was the guy in his Main St. Foods costume sitting at the Uva Bar in DTD in the middle of the afternoon. No jacket, no nothing.
    Ok, so I lied... after I saw this post, I realized there were two times I saw a Cast Member shopping in costume (aside from the Family Holiday Party) and they weren't in Department X. First was a Guest Relations Cast Member; when I saw her, I assumed she was shopping for a Guest, but when I rang her up, she presented her Cast ID and her credit card. I was expecting to see cash or a Company credit card, and no discount. Second was a Fantasyland Attractions person, who told me her lead said it was ok as long as she changed her shirt, despite the pants being rather obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    I just realized I've ridden the shuttle with Alyssa a couple times.
    How do you know? I'm certainly not the only Alyssa around...

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmechris View Post
    I always appreciated the fact that some would hide their costumes either by pride or by embarrassment- nonetheless I've seen the effort around. It's always funny how only another Cast Member could identify- even under the disguise and shout (or think) "Nobody would wear those tacky green pants- it's gotta be an off-duty Tomorrowland Cast Member".. Then you start to pin out the elements (are they clean shaven, can you see black socks, etc) and through process of elimination you have a 99.9% accurate answer without exchanging a single word.
    Hey! I wear black socks when I wear black shoes because of the Navy, not Disney... And also because of being in the Navy and being used to high standards in terms of appearance, I can spot even the slightest error in someone's costume, and it bugs me to no end seeing people walking around in costume with their hands in their pockets. I think if your hands are that cold, you should get gloves from Costuming.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    Ok, so I lied... after I saw this post, I realized there were two times I saw a Cast Member shopping in costume (aside from the Family Holiday Party) and they weren't in Department X. First was a Guest Relations Cast Member; when I saw her, I assumed she was shopping for a Guest, but when I rang her up, she presented her Cast ID and her credit card. I was expecting to see cash or a Company credit card, and no discount.
    Oh, god. I bet I know exactly who that was too. We've got a couple of real winners in our department.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmechris View Post
    I am told that the last locker room I was in is now used for the College Band and some older Cast Members who have hung onto them.
    Yah, my first locker was in Men's Upstairs B... right above Cash Control. Recently I ran into someone that has been working in Merch when I worked in Foods back in like 94'... he's still there and he still has his locker up there that he uses. I went up there with him and I was shocked to see that that those lockers are still there. All the lockers are still up there, but only like a handful of people still use them because they were grandfathered in and a locker has to be provided for them. I wish I still remembered my old locker combo.

After that I was where the Security offices are now... Men's Downstairs B, I believe. Basically at the bottom of the stairwell behind Harbor Pointe and Cast Health. I loved having a locker there because once you were done you walked to the end, took the stairs up to Harbor Pointe, and out you went.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Yah, my first locker was in Men's Upstairs B... right above Cash Control. Recently I ran into someone that has been working in Merch when I worked in Foods back in like 94'... he's still there and he still has his locker up there that he uses. I went up there with him and I was shocked to see that that those lockers are still there. All the lockers are still up there, but only like a handful of people still use them because they were grandfathered in and a locker has to be provided for them. I wish I still remembered my old locker combo.

After that I was where the Security offices are now... Men's Downstairs B, I believe. Basically at the bottom of the stairwell behind Harbor Pointe and Cast Health. I loved having a locker there because once you were done you walked to the end, took the stairs up to Harbor Pointe, and out you went.
    I liked seeing the wood cutouts of the toy soldiers from the Christmas Parade in what I called "Memory Hall". Those were removed around the time I left and last I saw were just leaning against a common wall slowly deteriorating.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234