Talking Working at Disneyland!

Hey! I'm planning on applying to work at Disneyland this summer (2008). I was wondering if anyone could let me know what to expect, both with the application process and if I am accepted for a job. Thanks!

Re: Working at Disneyland!

It can feel like a slow process from filling out an application to your on the job training.As for what to expect, show up to fill out the application like it's your first day at a high level law firm.Basically don't show up in jeans or shorts and be prepaired for fun.

• Former Cast Member

Expect to fill out several apps, bring your driver's license and social security card, make sure you do not wear worn out and holey jeans like the last poster said. You should get an interview after a short wait time (all depending on their needs at the time). Make sure you have a positive personality and not like some I have seen with zero personality, maintain a smile. Depending on the type of interview you are given, it could be one on one or 2-3 other applicants along with you. They do not ask you hard questions at all, just be yourself, be calm and everything will go just fine. Depending on what you tell them and as far as what your availability is, you can be offered a position after the first interview. Now remember that Disney expects you to have full availability for the peak seasons, such as summer, so make sure you say you are fully available, otherwise they can turn you down in a heartbeat. Good luck to you.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Expect to surrender ownership to your immortal soul.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Expect to surrender ownership to your immortal soul.
    Already ?

Usually they wait a few months (shorter during peak periods) to foreclose on the debt

Check your PM's for a HUGE summery

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Talking Re: Working at Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmechris View Post
    Check your PM's for a HUGE summery
    May I please receive the summery also ?

Just be yourself and always say YES. Be honest and sincere. Dress business casual. Short hair, clean cut. Depending on when you go your interview maybe with 2-4 other people. I interviewed with 4 people and one by one they were sent home. Basically excused for not being available to work X hours/weekends/holidays/etc. For the interview agree to be available anytime. When hired in then work out the details with your lead. Good luck..

• Disney Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    When hired in then work out the details with your lead.
    Just an FYI, I'm not sure how much power other leads have, but in Foods while we work out stuff and bring it to the managers or scheduling, they have the final say. So you wanna make friends with you production scheduler, get to know your stage schedulers, show your managers that you are a quality CM and be willing to work them so that they will work with you.

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    Just an FYI, I'm not sure how much power other leads have, but in Foods while we work out stuff and bring it to the managers or scheduling, they have the final say. So you wanna make friends with you production scheduler, get to know your stage schedulers, show your managers that you are a quality CM and be willing to work them so that they will work with you.
    Leads have minimal authority for sure in Foods and Attractions. Depending exactly on 'what' you're 'working out' really might make the ultimate decision here, however I always found it safe to just go thru Management.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmechris View Post
    Leads have minimal authority for sure in Foods and Attractions. Depending exactly on 'what' you're 'working out' really might make the ultimate decision here, however I always found it safe to just go thru Management.
    haha, right, i see my managers like once a day on stage... :P

Managers always seems lazy to me, im not sure what they do most of the day...
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

That's because you're not one.

• Disney Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    haha, right, i see my managers like once a day on stage... :P

Managers always seems lazy to me, im not sure what they do most of the day...
    Most of them aren't really lazy, but just don't really care. But we have a few that are really good at their job. I could make a dream team of maybe 5 or 6 managers.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

We've got some very good managers on the Pier side of DCA; they earn their keep. Its just that the average CM who clocks in, only does the minimal job, and then clocks out and runs off property doesn't see what all goes on behind the scenes.