Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM Compliments

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

CM Compliments

Hey there CM's,

Just had a quick question. Went to the DLR on Sunday the 6th, and had a really great CM on the Storybook Cruise. Her name was Jamie, and she was awesome, our whole group loved her. Anyways, i made it a point for us to go to City Hall to give her a compliment. My question is what happens when someone give's a CM a compliment? Do you guys get a raise or anything? I know, i know, you work for Disney.

Thanks in advance. And if any of you know her, tell her she was well liked.

Bob

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: CM Compliments

It gets forwarded to the CM's managers and to Guest Communications. Guest Com logs an official compliment from a guest in the CM's record card, and it's up to the managers to decide how to congratulate the CM in person. I've heard of CMs getting Mousecar Moolah (a coin thing we can use to buy gift cards backstage) for a compliment, but if other departments are like mine, you're lucky if your manager goes "Oh yeah - you got a compliment yesterday - something about a kid with a button. Good job."
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    It gets forwarded to the CM's managers and to Guest Communications. Guest Com logs an official compliment from a guest in the CM's record card, and it's up to the managers to decide how to congratulate the CM in person. I've heard of CMs getting Mousecar Moolah (a coin thing we can use to buy gift cards backstage) for a compliment, but if other departments are like mine, you're lucky if your manager goes "Oh yeah - you got a compliment yesterday - something about a kid with a button. Good job."
    Thats a bummer for you. Well, i hope whenever any of you get a compliment that you get something for. I just wanted to know. I would have never thought of doing before, but now that i'm on the MC, i have received quite the education, and just wanted to make sure this CM got a great reference from a guest.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Minion

They grant you a reprieve on your next whipping.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

LOL, too funny, Jeff!

• Fastest Man Alive

You get a card basically. It depends on the department but basically you get a card with Mickey embossed on the front, and inside is some text explaining the gist of the reason you got the compliment for. Then it is also signed by several members of high ranking management for your department.
    Supposedly the compliment is also logged for your permanent file, but look as I might, I don't see any 'actual' records of the compliments that I have recieved. No actual raise or bonus is presented though. Though generally CMs with many compliments are much more likely to earn a Spirit Award, or become a member of the Dream Squad.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Be sure to tell them the next time you see them because that seems to be worth more.

• Disneyland is your land.

In my dept. we get the "rare" gold coin and we get to see a copy of the the written compliment, which I really like, since you can read what the guest thought about your service enabling to know exactly what it was that you did.
    Class of 2005...

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Supposedly the compliment is also logged for your permanent file, but look as I might, I don't see any 'actual' records of the compliments that I have recieved.
    That's so so weird.

Today I checked the View Record Card link on the Portal cause I wanted to make sure I didn't get points for this error scheduling made last week and I kinda freaked when something came up, until I read it and realized it was a Management Compliment for my work on New Years Eve. I'm really surprised and pleased to see that good things show up there too.

^_^
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• That's a lot of look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Be sure to tell them the next time you see them because that seems to be worth more.
    I filled out a compliment form for the Sorceror Mickey at Thursday night's Fantasmic! It would be a shame if s/he didn't get the message passed along. It's true that the everyday CMs do yeoman's work (thank you!), but I was mightily impressed by the performance at the top of that swaying platform.

Compliments are good for a CM's location too. In things like Battle of the Mountains, all that stuff factors in on the competition. In fact, just saying you had a really great time at Attraction X, or that everyone at Location B seemed really efficient together or whatnot probably has a better chance of getting recognized and posted in a break room or office.

• Lurks & Reads

It honestly depends on your line of business and what your management decides to do with it. All areas treat them differently, though many of them similarly. I think compliments just show managers which cast members are doing their job well in roles where management sometimes does not come to know these cast members very well or at all.

• Multi-decade CM

Only about 10-20% of compliments actually reach the CM. The rest are ignored somewhere along the food chain.

We did a test a few years ago. We put in compliments and then timed them to see how long it would reach the CM. We had a spy as part of our mission to make sure the compliments actually would get past the screeners.

Of all the compliments put in, only two made it to the CM. None arrived immediately. Each took a few to several months. The rest disappeared into the Abyss.

Complaints, on the other hand, arrived within hours.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - "Majestic, rugged land balances predator and prey; symmetry of life's plan takes your breath away." - The Time of Leaving (Tigers' Quest)

--== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net
    --== A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - http://christmas.dwad.net

• some imagination huh?

Horray Jamie, she's a great storyteller Fantasyland is pretty good about recieving their compliments in a timely manner [most of the time]. It usually does take a few months, but its better than no compliment at all . Managers and area leads also recieve email notifications about the compliments and concerns throughout their department, so they can also redirect that info to the CM's

• Banned User

two things: all compliments should get to the cast members, regardless of the status of the supervisor(s) who handle/distribute them. if some of the compliments are not being distributed, then this problem must be addressed to headquarters management.

the other thing is this: I salute all of the cast members. every trip to the disneyland resort is a magical one. you all do a great job.

I always try to make sure at least one cast member knows that I had a great time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast