Thread: Summer Jobs

• Minion

Blog Entries

Question Summer Jobs

Hey guys!

well, i realizeda few moments ago that this summer i will be "between jobs." as I work at a school we have no work for 3 months. This got me thinking...

What does disney do for out of town seasonal employees? I remember when originally hired long ago *late put on a preapproved list* that they said something baout other empolyees who have alist of people looking for lodging.

Is this true? I would really love the experience and as I was preapproved for employment 3 summers back I'm pretty sure I'd get the job. How flexable is Disney on seasonal employees who only want to be there from a specific date to a specific date? And lastly, I would be classified as a temporary correct?

1 other question you can pm me about if your uncomfortable answering here. how much is base pay now that the state min wage has gone up.

Thanks ahead of time!

Re: Summer Jobs

Casual Temporary Cast Members are required to provide five days per week of availibility during the summer season from June to Labor day. They are also required to work another season during the year, whether that be Thanksgiving, Holiday (from Dec 16th through Jan 6), Spring Break (March... April, sometimes both. Spring break is WEIRD).

So yes, but plan on working Holiday as well as Summer. That will keep you employed there. If you can't make ANY of the non-summer seasons, you'll need to separate and then re-hire.

• CM for 4 years!

In foods the min. pay is $9.32/hour.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• DLR Cast Member

CT's get less money per hour than CR's according to my Union handbook.. I think it depends on your area how much you get paid.

Attractions pay for CTs is the same as CRs.

• CM for 4 years!

Yeah, in foods, the base pay as a Host is $9.32 as a CT. As a CR, I think you start at the same place, but are eligible for a small raise every year. For example, I started at $8.00, got boosted to $8.32, then $8.64, dropped down to CT and my pay dropped back to $8.32, at that time, the minimum hourly wage in foods as a Host. Now that wages have gone up across the board, by Host hourly rate in Foods as a CT is $9.32. Hired in May 05.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

I was acutally looking into working at Disneyland the Winter Holiday break. How early do you think I should apply and what kind of jobs are available to seasonal employees?

[quote=mrfantasmic;2498404]Casual Temporary Cast Members are required to provide five days per week of availibility during the summer season from June to Labor day. They are also required to work another season during the year, whether that be Thanksgiving, Holiday (from Dec 16th through Jan 6), Spring Break (March... April, sometimes both. Spring break is WEIRD).[\qoute]

thats the lowest of availabilty you can give if you cant give that then you wont get hired. But if u can anytime is fine to apply

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    thats the lowest of availabilty you can give if you cant give that then you wont get hired. But if u can anytime is fine to apply
    Acutally, CT hiring is apparently frozen along with much everything else.

According to the latest handout put out by Casting, there might CT roles available next month or April in RT&P (Parking Lot), and for Vacation Planners (Ticket Sellers), but that's it.

I believe it. There are an absolute TON of CTs in my area. So many that CRs can't pick up shifts when they're around.