Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stolen Property

• Banned User

Re: Stolen Property

Did you use a green combo lock? these use keys in the back and copies of those keys are notoriously floating around

Quote Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
    Did you use a green combo lock? these use keys in the back and copies of those keys are notoriously floating around
    Yeah thats the Company Issued Lock... Are you serious? People knew about the keys being copied and still insisted on handing out the locks :/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbelle Skylark View Post
    Yeah thats the Company Issued Lock... Are you serious? People knew about the keys being copied and still insisted on handing out the locks :/
    yeah, i've heard rumors before that copies of the keys do float around. same with the gold colored (means temporary) locks. Hell, the lock I got from a custodial manager (requirement or threats/else) they wrote down the combo onto a sheet of paper.

Disney does not want you bringing in outside locks, period. Probably more of that crap (have a stronger word for it though) after all the paranoia tents went up after 9/11....

edit: think the junk contract i'm under really only requires a union rep to be at my locker with the manager if they want to bust into it for any reason, and I don't trust the union reps at all. too cozy with the disney beast after reading the union contract....

edit2: it's probably that the green/gold locks are all keyed the same and sometimes the maker of the lock will enclose a set of keys with each box. I remember getting a box of locks all keyed alike many years ago and each lock came with 2 keys. fairly easy to "lose" them...
    Last edited by mojavewolfpup; 02-29-2008 at 09:17 PM.

• insufferable know-it-all

Disney wants you using their locks so that they can be sure nothing dangerous is locked into a locker in that building, and also because they were too cheap to build enough lockers to just assign them like they used to (which is also why they fasttracked all the costuming, letting/making us take them home). It's pre 9/11 but the same line of thought.

Personally, I hate fasttracking. I want my old locker back.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

I like bringing my clothes home for washing actually, aramark uses pretty some wicked cleaning methods for uniforms that make them all scratchy and too starched still cutting out threads from the name patches they sewed on. think i've spent too much on fabric softener lately to make them feel more comfortable...

• Mickey Mouse Slave

yeah, i never bring stuff to lock in the locker. It sucks you lost your stuff.

fyi, people's court is located in NYC so suing disney there kinda doesnt work too well. find a closer court!

Id talk to your manager and union. they might give you better insite.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• CM for 4 years!

Don't bring anything valuable to work. If you are walking or bussing to work from school directly, then you might have an excuse-- in this case, take valuables to an area locker, or keep things like an iPod/wallet in your pocket. Those pants pockets hold quite a bit-- I know there's room. If you have a car and a driving between school and work, then valuables should be kept in your car-- also possibly locked in the trunk or a locked glove box.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

As far as signing in valuables goes....the only items that are required to be signed in are laptops and tools. Disney does not want compnay laptops or tools "walking" off property unless the person is authorized to do so. Anyone found with those items exiting the park will have to show that they were signed-in or otherwise are authorized to take them off property.

If it makes you feel better to sign-in your Ipod or boombox you can do so. However, if someone is leaving property with such items they will not be asked to prove ownership.

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

Disney requires you to use the lock. the lock is a master lock and not substandard. Disney also reserves the right to cut personal locks...so tread lightly there.

Unfortunatly another CM is a thief and that is a complete shame. Truly, the only thing everyone can do is report suspicious activity. Dial 911
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School_Goofy View Post
    Disney requires you to use the lock. the lock is a master lock and not substandard. Disney also reserves the right to cut personal locks...so tread lightly there.

Unfortunatly another CM is a thief and that is a complete shame. Truly, the only thing everyone can do is report suspicious activity. Dial 911
    disney is really hiring a bunch of trash lately for CM's, the amount of graffiti in the NOMK area bathrooms and behind the pizza port has gone up dramatically. it's now starting to take the form of gang signs, and rather then just being markers and pens, it's now heavily etched into the glass/mirrors/toilet seats which means most likely they are carrying knives now. Tommorrowland is also getting heavy amounts of graffiti scratched and carved into drywall/glass surfaces, the glass window after you round the last droid in star tours before the turnstiles to enter the star speeders has graffiti slashed into it.

no small wonder why I have no tolerance for people my age or younger lately, god knows what grad nites are going to be like...

• :)

When you had your OJT, one of the first things they did was take you to costuming and get you a lock.

When you got the green lock you sign a paper which says briefly "I will only use this lock inside Disneyland Costuming and no where else" And it also states that if you do use it somewhere else, it will be removed and your contents will be taken to costuming.

Have you checked upstairs at costuming yet for your items? Also - Just thinking outside of the box - The costuming department has a key which opens every single green lock, there could of possibly been someone from costuming, or someone who knows someone from costuming who has the key or a copy of it....Sorry for your loss, but they will ultimately defend themselves with the fact that you signed a paper saying you wont use that lock anywhere else but inside the costuming building, but Disney tends to be a push over, so fight it till the end, i'm sure youll recieve something

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123