• Banned User

cds for night custodial cast members

Yep, we are getting poisoned by that junk come april 6th. any 3rd shift custodial CM's around that want to chime in?

• Multi-decade CM

Re: cds for night custodial cast members

Quote Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
    Yep, we are getting poisoned by that junk come april 6th. any 3rd shift custodial CM's around that want to chime in?
    When I first read the subject line, I thought your guys were getting actual CDs to listen to to help pass the time!

Wishful thinking. Hahahahaha!

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Good things comes to those who wait. Crap comes right away.

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - http://www.dwad.net
    --== A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - http://christmas.dwad.net

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    When I first read the subject line, I thought your guys were getting actual CDs to listen to to help pass the time!
    You know that if they were getting CDs from the company, it would be something like the "It's a Small World 25th Anniversary Album". I'm not sure I'd want to spend 8 hours listening to that .

With regards to the actual topic, transfer to Foods! We still go by the old non-CDS system !
    Last edited by glendalais89; 03-13-2008 at 02:46 PM.

• Fastest Man Alive

Meh. I'm not 3rd shift custodial, but I'm guessing it is a position that does NOT use rotational bumps. Ergo, CDS will pretty much just serve the same function as the 'time clocks' already used. It won't be an issue.
    Last edited by Wally; 03-13-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: '2rd' is not a word
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Meh. I'm not 3rd shift custodial, but I'm guessing it is a position that does NOT use rotational bumps. Ergo, CDS will pretty much just serve the same function as the 'time clocks' already used. It won't be an issue.
    I know what rotational bumps are, but I don't know how it fully applies to night custodial for example. We can be "bumped" by managers, which I imagine creates a headache for CDS. Apparently they can lock out certain computers from being used by the CM, say you work Bear Country, but get "sneaky" (in their eyes) by clocking out at the space mountain CDS computer so you are closer to the inn between, they could block that. However, Utility CM's are pondering how it effects them, as they regularly float around rapidly. 1:00 am you could be at new orleans, then by 2:00 am they have you all the way out at mickey and friends doing something else. how do you control that?

I work esplanade for example doing either tram wash or picker (walking both tram routes for 6-8 hours picking trash dropped overboard the trams) but some days there are more people out there then actual jobs and might get bumped to say tommorrowland. How do you account for that in CDS? i'm supposed to be here, but got sent there.

sounds like a nightmare for the office workers *shrugs*

dude thanks that we don't have CDS at Disneyland Paris .

• The Tomorrowland One

All I can see CDS doing for 3d shift custodial is making it easier for the leads. If you go on the black box, you are later paid manually by your lead at the end of your shift. CDS just posts it all automatically for payroll. Also makes ERs and such a tad easier on the lead. And as you are a non-rotational CM, it is just a glorified Time Clock really. Same thing for us out on parades.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I used to work for 3rd shift custodial. Does 3rd shift now have to clock out for lunches? We were paid for our lunch. We didn't have to clock out. We just clocked in at the Ball Gate as we came to work and clocked out when we left.

We had to clock in 10 minutes early or we were considered late.

• :)

I know what rotational bumps are, but I don't know how it fully applies to night custodial for example. We can be "bumped" by managers, which I imagine creates a headache for CDS. Apparently they can lock out certain computers from being used by the CM, say you work Bear Country, but get "sneaky" (in their eyes) by clocking out at the space mountain CDS computer so you are closer to the inn between, they could block that. However, Utility CM's are pondering how it effects them, as they regularly float around rapidly. 1:00 am you could be at new orleans, then by 2:00 am they have you all the way out at mickey and friends doing something else. how do you control that?

I work esplanade for example doing either tram wash or picker (walking both tram routes for 6-8 hours picking trash dropped overboard the trams) but some days there are more people out there then actual jobs and might get bumped to say tommorrowland. How do you account for that in CDS? i'm supposed to be here, but got sent there.

They already have PC's locked for day custodial, so i'm sure they will for night custodial.

and to answer Garrett's question, all in park CM's with the exception of TDA has to clock in and out for their lunches accurately now due to labor laws, incorrect or late time clocks = talk with manager, pay docked and points

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post

I remember that! I was never custodial but we had to do the same thing

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I used to work for 3rd shift custodial. Does 3rd shift now have to clock out for lunches? We were paid for our lunch. We didn't have to clock out. We just clocked in at the Ball Gate as we came to work and clocked out when we left.

Yes. The last contract go around 3rd shift lost the paid lunch. In exchange if memory serves they got a $0.75 an hour premium raise, which is pretty much a wash. I'm sure a 3rd shift CM can fill in the details.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Fastest Man Alive

Hmm. They will have to figure out how to work around that. More than likely if it is a constant issue the Leads will just override the CDs computer lockouts. It IS possible, provided folks don't abuse it. And in this situation it looks like that might be the route to go.

If you have worked with CDS you would know how this works. Coming for Stores, All they have to do is move your area from one place to another. Utility guys who are moved around would be put in their own "area" which would simply allow them to use any computer. Same goes with like the stock people in stores, since you can be pulled from Toontown to Tomorrowland, it's the same thing, you are just known to CDS to be in stock and it will let you use any computer.