Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Timeclock Adjustments

Well, unless you haven't worked this past week, you've probably seen the signs everywhere about the impending update to all resort Timeclocks & CDS Terminals. You can't clock back in early from lunch, but you can clock back in up to 4 minutes late without being penalized.

What are people's opinion on this?

I can understand why they would do this. Legally under Californian Labour Law, if you haven't waved it in advance, you do have to take a full 30-minute lunch, and if you don't, the company is responsible. However, at the same time, I can see a lot of people just adding almost 5 minutes to their lunch (particularly with how slow the Inn Between and co. are) and just slowing down rotations and whatnot.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Re: Timeclock Adjustments

dunno, i just dont care and clock in early...

hmm, im also being told that 5+ hours now requires a lunch. You have to sign some paper to void it or something. :| more annoyance, more dumbness!
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Heck, I remember when you had to work 6.5+ hours to get a lunch... the unions changed all of that. Now you get a lunch at 5.0+ hours, wtf. If I can waive the lunch, I usually always do... it's not worth having a unpaid lunch break if I'm working less then 6.5 hours.

Another stupid contract change probably fought for by the unions.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

5+ has been in place for Attractions for a few years. After 6 its mandatory. No waive.

• Disneyland is your land.

Just another four minutes to allow at the InnBetween...honestly though, I rarely get scheduled for shifts longer than 6 hours so if I do get a lunch I often waive it.
    Class of 2005...

• CM for 4 years!

6.0+ hours REQUIRES a lunch now. So stupid. Didn't it used to be 6.5+? I mean, I guess I understand why, but I never get my lunches regardless (despite the fact that I am still "charged" an unpaid thirty minutes for every shift I work), so what's the point, really? I guess it makes Disney "look" better to the state/feds, but at the end of the day, I don't think anything will have changed. They'll preach about lunches all morning at roll call, but at the end of the shift, I still don't get one a lot of the time.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    Just another four minutes to allow at the InnBetween...honestly though, I rarely get scheduled for shifts longer than 6 hours so if I do get a lunch I often waive it.
    It really is best to still keep to '30'. The latest improvement will have CDS automatically give you points for being late. Previously it required management to manually do this. It's always that time you wait to the last minute and you'll be stopped by a guest on stage for something, or there will be a parade of whatnot.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by melmel View Post
    6.0+ hours REQUIRES a lunch now. So stupid. Didn't it used to be 6.5+? I mean, I guess I understand why, but I never get my lunches regardless (despite the fact that I am still "charged" an unpaid thirty minutes for every shift I work), so what's the point, really? I guess it makes Disney "look" better to the state/feds, but at the end of the day, I don't think anything will have changed. They'll preach about lunches all morning at roll call, but at the end of the shift, I still don't get one a lot of the time.
    It is the law. Unless you specifically 'Lunch Start' and 'Lunch End' it's not counted as a lunch even if CDS assigns you the 30 min. break. Any cast member who does not get their lunch by the end of the 5th hour, will receive 1 hour of straight time paid as a lunch penalty. Leaders are charged with ensuring that all CMs have the opportunity to do so. If a CM has the opportunity, but does NOT take it or too late, will first be coached. Afterwards there will progressive discipline, up to and including termination.
    Leaders who don't provide their cast with opportunities to take a lunch on a regular basis, really should not be leaders. They violate the law, cost the company money, and do a disservice to those who they are in charge of, and can also be disciplined.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

be carfeul too, if you clock in at the that 5th minute you are going to get 1.5 without notification. my understanding isn't management is not going to be very forgiviing here either.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Banned User

they are screwing up clocks everywhere and hassling the workers, I got a night custodial shift at new orleans on friday, you clock out at the time clock closest to that room with the safes/fantasmic logo in the back, walk all the way to the inn between, walk back and you probably have 10 or so minutes to eat.

Old clock out location used to be behind the golden horseshoe, which preserved some of your time spent walking to the in between. not anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by glendalais89 View Post
    You can't clock back in early from lunch, but you can clock back in up to 4 minutes late without being penalized automatically.
    I added in the bold. If someone's 4 minutes late from lunch every day, it's going to get noticed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    I added in the bold. If someone's 4 minutes late from lunch every day, it's going to get noticed.
    of course it will, night custodial managers are so pathetic down in their ivory basement they spend time printing out ream after ream of clock activity and spying, err seeing who doesn't clock out in a "authorized" location then slapping them with coaching. pfft

example of stupidity from managers:

you are stationed in critter country cleaning winnie the pooh, all the shops, tom sawyer island, etc. lunch time is nearing, so you go down to the golden horseshoe (your clock in location for roll call) then proceed to the in between. oops, you are actually supposed to clock all the way out in critter country near the country bear restaurant, then go to your area for lunch. they are not happy if you clock out "far" from the location, even if it is the roll call location. it's considered a violation. stupid

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Try taking your mandatory 30 in the middle of a VIP tour. It's a mess. I've had leads suggest I put my group on an attraction, run off-stage and clock out, go back to working, then do it again to clock in 30 minutes later. There is no "breaker" for a tour guide, and the WIWF tour would put your lunch time right about the same time you're supposed to get them to the club.

Like I said, it's a mess.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Try taking your mandatory 30 in the middle of a VIP tour. It's a mess. I've had leads suggest I put my group on an attraction, run off-stage and clock out, go back to working, then do it again to clock in 30 minutes later. There is no "breaker" for a tour guide, and the WIWF tour would put your lunch time right about the same time you're supposed to get them to the club.

Like I said, it's a mess.
    If they promote and sanction that then they are defacto in violation of the law and, worse, and fixing the books which would be a fraud. And, they are making you work for nothing since you aren't paid for the time according to Workbrain.

Taking a lunch means taking a non-work, non-compensated time not just doing the 'paperwork' to make it look like they're in compliance. This should be reported.

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

The only way to beat and prevent any of these issues is for the cast to complain class action style. the clocking in and out is state law, but the clock assignments are completly insane.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast