Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Curiouser

apartment recommendations?

I'm moving to Anaheim this November and I'm wondering if anyone recommends certain apartments or ones to stay away from? It could just be from word of mouth or you're a current/former resident there, etc, I don't care. =]

EDIT- I forgot to add that I'd rather not pay anything over $1000, so anything under that. =]

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by 17goingon3; 03-24-2008 at 12:22 PM.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Re: apartment recommendations?

i suggest you find a roommate and stay at a 2 bed 2 bath. It is the cheapest way for apartments.

Look around in anahiem, usually the range is like 1,400-2,000. If they are too expensive, i know Buena park has some pretty cheap apartments.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I don't live in Annahiem therefor I cannot suggest anything but I recommend looking at different places rather than seeing one and choosing on the spot. Good luck with your search
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    i suggest you find a roommate and stay at a 2 bed 2 bath. It is the cheapest way for apartments.

Look around in anahiem, usually the range is like 1,400-2,000. If they are too expensive, i know Buena park has some pretty cheap apartments.
    I thought about doing the roommate thing but I'm moving with my friend down there from Seattle and it would be hard to coordinate that from such a distance. I don't know, maybe it would be workable... thanks for your help =]

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Check on Craigslist for Orange County roommates and rentals.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Curiouser

Great thanks!

• CM for 4 years!

The kind of places you'll find for under $1000 aren't going to be safe for a pretty, young girl like yourself. I was shopping for myself a year or so back and found a couple places for around $800-- I thought, AWESOME! But they were total crackdens. Even close to the Resort, or even places that look nice on the outside, might be in a bad neighborhood. You have to be really careful in the area around Anaheim/Garden Grove/Buena Park. I'd shoot for Orange, North Tustin, or Costa Mesa.

Avalon at South Coast [Costa Mesa] has got a great Jr. One Bedroom for around $1250/month-- avaloncommunities.com. It's about a 30 minute drive from the park in traffic, and about 10-15 minutes without traffic. I've been thinking about moving there.

I would recommend also checking out apartmentratings.com and maybe picking up some local For Rent or Apartment magazines.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by melmel View Post
    The kind of places you'll find for under $1000 aren't going to be safe for a pretty, young girl like yourself. I was shopping for myself a year or so back and found a couple places for around $800-- I thought, AWESOME! But they were total crackdens. Even close to the Resort, or even places that look nice on the outside, might be in a bad neighborhood. You have to be really careful in the area around Anaheim/Garden Grove/Buena Park. I'd shoot for Orange, North Tustin, or Costa Mesa.

Avalon at South Coast [Costa Mesa] has got a great Jr. One Bedroom for around $1250/month-- avaloncommunities.com. It's about a 30 minute drive from the park in traffic, and about 10-15 minutes without traffic. I've been thinking about moving there.

I would recommend also checking out apartmentratings.com and maybe picking up some local For Rent or Apartment magazines.
    Really? I saw a few places on Walnut street that looked ok (if I remember right, that is) but I guess I really need to be careful.

I thought about being at a farther distance from the park, but my friend is really nit-picky about paying for gas, and that could add up to a lot if we drove that distance everyday. There's also the risk that our shifts will be on completely different times, so that will leave one of us using public transportation or walking if the driver can't return to pick up the other still at work. But, if it means safety, it's definately worth considering!

And I've avidly been checking that website with every apartment I've been looking into! For a while the apts Caribbean Cove looked really nice, but the reviews were terrible.

Anyway, thank you for your help! I appreciate it!

Be sure to check out Roomates.com when you get a little nearer to your move date. You'll often find good situations in large homes that have more than one room available, this could put you in a better neighborhood.

• Theme Park Insider

When I moved, I ran into the same problem! I couldn't afford over $1000, yet anything less than that was in a reeeally scary area. I'd definitely suggest looking on craigslist for people who need roommates, because that's the only way you'll pay less than $1000. (For example, I moved into a shared 2 bedroom with 2 girls in each room, and paid $250!) That's really the best way to go, just make sure you really push the people for info, and get pics and a tour before you commit...sometimes you need to know if you'll click.

If you do decide you want a place on your own, your only option is a studio apartment. By far, I've found that they're the cheapest near Cal State Fullerton, which is about 10 minutes away from Disneyland. I lived in the Boondocker Apartments and loved it, since it was quiet and they just did a ton of renovations. Very safe, too. Most of the studio apartments around there are around $950. Good luck!!!

• Curiouser

Well there's a problem with the roommate thing... I live in Seattle and wouldn't be able to tour the house or meet the roommate until I was ready to move in. I forgot to mention that I'll be splitting the rent in half with my friend who is moving with me, so we'd be paying around $500 a piece which is more doable.

I'll definately look into the Boondocker apts, I think I already came across those! Thanks so much.

a few friends and I almost moved down there, and we were looking at this place

http://www.rent.com/rentals/californ...s#media_anchor

it's called Avanti, and it's super close to the parks, is not terribly run down, and seemed to be in a decent area of town. We walked through one of the apartments, and it is smaller, but they're clean and nice- and I think some of the models had new appliances, carpet, etc. The guy that we were working with was also super nice and helpful. At the time, I looked at quite a few places, and did lots of research and reading reviews, and I'm pretty sure this had positive reviews for the most part.

• Curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    a few friends and I almost moved down there, and we were looking at this place

http://www.rent.com/rentals/californ...s#media_anchor

it's called Avanti, and it's super close to the parks, is not terribly run down, and seemed to be in a decent area of town. We walked through one of the apartments, and it is smaller, but they're clean and nice- and I think some of the models had new appliances, carpet, etc. The guy that we were working with was also super nice and helpful. At the time, I looked at quite a few places, and did lots of research and reading reviews, and I'm pretty sure this had positive reviews for the most part.
    Wow those are definitely some of the nicest apts. I've seen... but I think they will be far out of our price range while we're both in college/on DL salaries... but thank you for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by 17goingon3 View Post
    Wow those are definitely some of the nicest apts. I've seen... but I think they will be far out of our price range while we're both in college/on DL salaries... but thank you for the suggestion!
    no I actually don't think they were that bad! I think around 15-1700. Granted there were three of us, but ya I think we were looking at 550 each a month

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl View Post
    If you do decide you want a place on your own, your only option is a studio apartment. By far, I've found that they're the cheapest near Cal State Fullerton, which is about 10 minutes away from Disneyland. I lived in the Boondocker Apartments and loved it, since it was quiet and they just did a ton of renovations. Very safe, too. Most of the studio apartments around there are around $950. Good luck!!!
    any more details on it? what's the cost of power and stuff? 24 hour bus service line near it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast