Calling out to CM's at Studios

Hey guys and gals,
    I was just wondering if anyone here works at Studios in Burbank, I interviewed for an internship today and was wondering if its going to be possible for me to wander around on lunch breaks if I get the internship.

Re: Calling out to CM's at Studios

Quote Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
    Hey guys and gals,
    I was just wondering if anyone here works at Studios in Burbank, I interviewed for an internship today and was wondering if its going to be possible for me to wander around on lunch breaks if I get the internship.

Once you have access to the Studio lot you can wander wherever you want on the lot. Just don't go into closed sets or you will find yourself in a lot of trouble.

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
    Hey guys and gals,
    What internship did you apply for? I just applied for the ABC Program Associates (which is not listed as an internship, but its essentially the same thing) that starts this summer! Is that what you went for, or did you apply for a more traditional internship like role?
    Class of 2005...

I'm currently waiting to hear back from Corporate Legal, Finance...I think my interview went okay, but you never know, I really hope I get it. If we all get hired we should have a MC meet in the cafeteria, haha...

And thanks for the advice Z, usually is everything closed set or are there things open you can silently wander through?

The employees who work at the Studios in Burbank are not known as "Cast Members". They are simply known as employees of the Walt Disney Company, working specifically at the Walt Disney Studios.

The clever little nickname "Cast Member" is a term they slapped on the low level churro salesmen, street sweepers and jungle cruise skippers making minimum wage at Disneyland.

People who work in Burbank are simply "employees".

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    The employees who work at the Studios in Burbank are not known as "Cast Members". They are simply known as employees of the Walt Disney Company, working specifically at the Walt Disney Studios.

The clever little nickname "Cast Member" is a term they slapped on the low level churro salesmen, street sweepers and jungle cruise skippers making minimum wage at Disneyland.

This is not true, or not wholly true. You'll hear "Cast Member" a bit less at the Studios but it's definitely used, especially in formal communications, or when differentiating full-timers from contractors. ("Is he a contractor?" "No, he's a Cast Member.") The annual Corporate holiday party is the "Cast Member Holiday Party".

To aznshrek: When things are actively filming they are closed sets and there will be some way for you to tell (revolving red lights, "DO NOT ENTER" signs, "HOT SET" signs, or even just people preventing you moving into the area. There is more to the Studio lot than the soundstages, though, so you can wander wherever. In fact if you get an internship you'll go through Orientation (it's not called "Traditions" at Corporate) and take a tour of the lot with a stop at a sound stage.

• You Spin Me Right Round

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post

I didn't realize I made minimum wage! Thanks for insulting me letting me know!