Question Atmosphere Character Auditions - Is weight an issue?

So I'm currently a CM at Nemo, but I'm looking to transfer to atmosphere characters. The audition is in early June, and I was wondering if any former/current atmosphere characters could give me some pointers on the audition.

Also, I'm about 5'10" and around 250, would this be an issue for the audition? I can move around like I weigh 100 pounds less, and I'm a very animated person in my everyday life. Would my height and weight instantly disqualify me from auditioning, though?

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Re: Atmosphere Character Auditions - Is weight an issue?

I've always wondered that myself. I don't know how weight could be an issue for like... Eeyore. As long as you can fit in the costume...

I really don't know though.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

no, it wouldn't instantly disqualify you from auditioning, but to be honest, it will impact you if you were to make it- you could get disapproved from being friends with certain characters if they don't fit right. I wouldn't let that keep you from auditioning though- don't stress about it and go audition to the best of your abilities!

• I have a mole?!

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    no, it wouldn't instantly disqualify you from auditioning, but to be honest, it will impact you if you were to make it- you could get disapproved from being friends with certain characters if they don't fit right. I wouldn't let that keep you from auditioning though- don't stress about it and go audition to the best of your abilities!
    I've never heard this term before... is that what they call it when you are assigned to portray a character?
    .~Adrienne~.

• some imagination huh?

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantsTheRed'ead View Post
    I've never heard this term before... is that what they call it when you are assigned to portray a character?
    Yes. Much like certain people in the parade are "pageant helpers" or "character look-a-likes" (which is what it's described as on audition flyers for face characters). It's the PC Disney term to keep the magic going

^^^ yup, sorry, i'm not sure if the CA side uses the "friends with" term so much, I know that in FL we don't call them pageant performers at all.....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JustALittleChange View Post
    Yes. Much like certain people in the parade are "pageant helpers" or "character look-a-likes" (which is what it's described as on audition flyers for face characters). It's the PC Disney term to keep the magic going
    Meaning a euphemistic term for a parasitic infestation ?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Meaning a euphemistic term for a parasitic infestation ?
    so apparently the ent vs. every other dept. animosity doesn't exist solely on the east coast?? lol

Unfortunately........

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

To the opening question Yes, size is an issue. You need to be the right height and body type for the costumes. You do not get hired for only one character (Eeyore), you must also be able to fit in a majority of the costumes in your height range.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Red Face Re: Atmosphere Character Auditions - Is weight an issue?

I have the opposite problem. I'm only 5'10" (which seems like the death height for guys applying for Characters) on a good day (reads more at 5'9"). Though I only weigh 135lbs soaking wet. Not to mention I'm not a dancer, though I was a school mascot for four years (in a full body suit).

So, on the other end of the scale, would it hindrance to be skinny as a guy, while auditioning (for Fuzzies; and say face as well, but I don't have that boyish clear face they tend to look for.)?

I'd also like to reiterate the OP question: The audition is on the 14th of June, and I was wondering if any former/current atmosphere characters could give me some pointers on the audition. Any information would be wonderful! Thank you all!