• Never Look Back

Disney College Program Question?

A DCP Recruiter came to my campus recently and did a presentation. I was already interested in the program, so I applied after seeing the lecture. I know there are classes offered during the program, and I know that taking one is mandatory. The program starts now, and goes through the Fall semester schedule.

My question was, has anyone participated in this program while taking a full-time school schedule the same semester? Having a full load of classes come fall, plus having to take another class with the program sounds like a lot. They do offer a class called the Leadership Speaker Series, which has no additional homework. This might be my best option, because it wouldn't build up my workload on top of my regular classes.

I know the program is very beneficial for your resume, especially if you plan on staying with the company as a potential career. So should I just stick it out and deal with it, or forget the program and just apply to be a regular CM?

Any input would be great, especially if someone here knows someone or has participated in the program as well...thanks.
    Last edited by Maseca; 05-02-2008 at 10:04 AM.

• RCMC BlackSmith

Re: Disney College Program Question?

I'd like some info too please!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• Do you have a 27B/6?

When you say a full class schedule, do you mean your university courses, or the courses that Disney offers?

IIRC, CPs are guaranteed a minimum of 30 hours a week, scheduled. This varies greatly, of course, depending on the season and overtime availability and whatnot. Less than 30 hours a week is iffy.

May I ask what your major is?

eta: If you're interested in further information about the College Program, Micechat has a great thread on the subject: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/college_program-10779.html

This thread has all kinds of information, both general and specific.
    Last edited by Bibliophile; 05-02-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: additional info
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post
    When you say a full class schedule, do you mean your university courses, or the courses that Disney offers?

IIRC, CPs are guaranteed a minimum of 30 hours a week, scheduled. This varies greatly, of course, depending on the season and overtime availability and whatnot. Less than 30 hours a week is iffy.

May I ask what your major is?

eta: If you're interested in further information about the College Program, Micechat has a great thread on the subject: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/college_program-10779.html

This thread has all kinds of information, both general and specific.

Thanks for the info.

I talked to one of the College Program Recruiters and they told me that since I am taking 12-14 units at my University, that participating in the College Program would be too much. That is all I really wanted to find out, because I wasn't sure if I could handle such a huge workload on top of another huge workload...lol.

I am going to apply for regular CM status today.
    Last edited by Maseca; 05-03-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Mas, hope it went well today, I think I'm headed down next week to try my luck I guess