• Mickey Mouse Slave

Understanding Disneyland Policy

Well, i don't really understand why Disney would do things.

For example, in my department today, because we have people working doubles in the day/night, no one in the department is allowed to ER. I dont understand that concept as since most people who are done early usually just sits around doing nothing anyways, or many times just do pathetic task like clean the walls or a cage. I mean, i can understand if they do a takeover for the people on doubles then yeah, it makes sense but they dont. Even so, by ERin people, they can save money which can cover over to the people working doubles.

This also applies in the case to our DL department people arent ERin which then leads to that WE cant ER at DCA.

Can anyone explain why they do this?
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Minion

Re: Understanding Disneyland Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Well, i don't really understand why Disney would do things.

For example, in my department today, because we have people working doubles in the day/night, no one in the department is allowed to ER. I dont understand that concept as since most people who are done early usually just sits around doing nothing anyways, or many times just do pathetic task like clean the walls or a cage. I mean, i can understand if they do a takeover for the people on doubles then yeah, it makes sense but they dont. Even so, by ERin people, they can save money which can cover over to the people working doubles.

This also applies in the case to our DL department people arent ERin which then leads to that WE cant ER at DCA.

Can anyone explain why they do this?
    Bureaucracy. It's budget setting time so by bulking up the hours they consume they keep/set their funding for next year at a high level. It's not a time to save money.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Bureaucracy. It's budget setting time so by bulking up the hours they consume they keep/set their funding for next year at a high level. It's not a time to save money.
    Yup, end of the fiscal year is coming up... so all those hours that they skimped on the entire year leads to a boatload of labor hours that can be used towards the end of the year. If they don't use it, that counts against the hours that they are budgeted in the next fiscal year.

Be happy with your hours.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Yup, end of the fiscal year is coming up... so all those hours that they skimped on the entire year leads to a boatload of labor hours that can be used towards the end of the year. If they don't use it, that counts against the hours that they are budgeted in the next fiscal year.

Be happy with your hours.
    That explains everything. I've been wondering why the company, which normally seems so ER-happy, is suddenly clamping down.

Maybe I can actually extend now and work something close to 40 hours now. Gasp, maybe even OT, lol!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Well, I don't know about extends... but yah. You might be able to switch offtimes and stuff.
    Burnt Toast

Really in our area they want us to ER like crazy......

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I work in a department where there is really no such thing as an ER... but there are extends and double shifts when people call out. Joys of working in a department where there's no more then 1 or 2 people at your location at a time.
    Burnt Toast

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by Karnever View Post
    Really in our area they want us to ER like crazy......
    I hear that.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Disney Nerd

We are ering pretty much everyday. I cut about 8 or so how this morning, ering my openers alone. Most of the foods locations are being told to cut hours wherever possible, so I doubt they are just wasting time. Unless managers don't care about their labor goals, which affect their bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    We are ering pretty much everyday. I cut about 8 or so how this morning, ering my openers alone. Most of the foods locations are being told to cut hours wherever possible, so I doubt they are just wasting time. Unless managers don't care about their labor goals, which affect their bonuses.
    Yea, I noticed this when I checked up on it at work today. If there's a "use-up-all-our-remaining-hours-so-we-get-the-same-next-year" thing sweeping the resort, it's definately ignoring Foods. After a brief aberration, we seem to be back to cutting as many hours as is humanly possible, and running on skeleton crews of RFT CMs, CRs with Seniority and CPs.

Yep. Ours is all about cutting labor.