Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Ask A Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Why do Cast Members always wear heavy jackets even when it's 105 degrees outside?
    Cuz it's easy to hide our guns and better to hide stuff when shoplifting, Oh I'm sorry you said Cast Members, I thought you said Gang Members. My Bad!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

In my years there I worked in various kitchens, and I felt blessed for not having to deal with guests. But one time, as I as crossing the Town Square to get to the locker rooms at shift's end, a gentleman approached me and asked where he could find the nearest "water closet". You know, the WC, he said.

Well, it took me a moment but it dawned on me that he did have a British accent...so I directed him to the men's room at City Hall.

And we shared Disney type smiles.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I don't like any temperatures above 75 degrees so I love disneys air conditioning set at 55 its perfect
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Sock Puppet

normally I can answer most questions, and do try to even when I am off duty. wearing what I wear though when in the park means I will get asked questions alot anyway, even as mundane as what time is it.... hardest question though was one on friday:

"umm, do you work here sir?" "yeah, technically" "well I didn't see a name badge but will ask anyway... i've got someone here with a electric wheelchair that needs a battery charge, are there any outlets around..."

that completely stumped me, as I can think of 80000000 different outlets backstage or in weird areas like pirates (they have a outlet tucked into a area near the exit, it's where we plug our water vacs in so they can be sucked dry). of all the things to ask.... heh

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Excuse me, Can you tell me where i can get into Magic Kingdom from here?

i remember one time, i was wearing my plain clothes and some lady just walked up to me and ask me a question. I kinda look around and then looked to make sure i wasnt wearing any costume wondering how she knew i was a CM.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by custodialcleaner View Post
    "umm, do you work here sir?" "yeah, technically" "well I didn't see a name badge but will ask anyway... i've got someone here with a electric wheelchair that needs a battery charge, are there any outlets around..."
    Thats a great question! I most likely would have sent them to City Hall, or to the ECV rental on the right side as you walk into Disneyland. I would think there would also be ones in the rest rooms...

You've just giving me something else to find out!! Thanks =D

theres almost always outlets near restrooms
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by One_Rev View Post
    I've seen a lot of Attraction, Food service, Custodial and Talent on this forum but have not heard from Plumbers, Electrical, Carpenters and others from the trades. I am a Plumber and would be interested in pursuing a job at Disney. So I guess my question would be how do you go about getting a job at Disney in the trade and what is the turnover rate and any plus or minus to working at DLR?

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    (perhaps this is a question that I should ask a hotel cast member, but..........) do the hotels accept walk ins, or reservations necessary?

question #2: if a guest does not have(or prefers not to use) credit cards, can that guest still stay at one of the hotels?

Just didn't see any answers to these yet... thought I'd bring them forward in case someone has an answer.

(And I don't work for Disney but in regards to the second question... I think any hotel you can attempt to come in as a walk in, but there is no promise that you will get a room. As for not using credit cards... I've paid cash for rooms before. They look at you weird but its money and they have to take it. Just realize they don't always have change available if you don't have the exact amount.)

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    theres almost always outlets near restrooms
    I had a chat about this at City Hall. All stores should have them as well.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

My favorite "Do yo work here?" response was back when they had the ugly TL costumes that look like they were bought from Taco Bell, one of my CM friends responded, "No, sorry, we are here for the Taco Bell Convention!!!"

• Banned User

Deleted.
    Last edited by disneyfan07; 07-18-2008 at 09:39 PM.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    In my years there I worked in various kitchens, and I felt blessed for not having to deal with guests. But one time, as I as crossing the Town Square to get to the locker rooms at shift's end, a gentleman approached me and asked where he could find the nearest "water closet". You know, the WC, he said.

Well, it took me a moment but it dawned on me that he did have a British accent...so I directed him to the men's room at City Hall.

And we shared Disney type smiles.

-- Barry
    Oh, those wacky Brits. Had one asking for the "lift" when they wanted to find the Tower of Terror. The "loo" for restrooms. Or where they can find something to put on their "aerial" (an antenna ball topper).

• DCA FTW!

I have a brother that wants to get a job there in the next couple months. It's probably a stupid question but do they keep you on one attraction/task at all times or do they switch you around daily/monthly? Dumb question I know but just curious.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

To answer your question: No. You start off on one attraction, but can cross train when the need for people arises. Even that attraction have many different positions to operate so that you are not in one spot too long. They have a thing they call a "Rotation/ Bump/ Rotational Bump" to switch places.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    I have a brother that wants to get a job there in the next couple months. It's probably a stupid question but do they keep you on one attraction/task at all times or do they switch you around daily/monthly? Dumb question I know but just curious.
    Well I should be the expert at this question especially since I've only been with the park a year and already know my 16th attraction. Basically you have to wait out your entire probationary time (4 months) before they cross-train you. During this time you are basically working one attraction and lots of Guest Control shifts (Parades, Pyro, Fantasmic, Special Events etc.) After the 4 months you are then usually cross trained on your second attraction in the area that you were hired into. I was lucky to get 2 attractions on my first cross training. I got Big Boats, which even though is considered one attraction, it's technically 2, The Columbia and Mark Twain.
    You usually then have to wait another 3-4 months before being cross trained again, but this would also depend on your senority and/or the demand of the area. I got trained in Toon Town within one month of just learning Matterhorn because Fantasyland needed more seasoned vetrans to cover everywhere for summer. You also have to be in one area working the same field of operations for 6 months before you can put in for a transfer to another area.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast