Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Ask A Cast Member

I thought this would be kinda cool for anyone interested in CM's, being a CM, or any questions at all and any current or former CM can answer. Hopefully this will be fun and educational lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Ask A Cast Member

Ok, So what time is the 3:30 Parade of Dreams Start?

Where do I buy a fastpass?
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Where is the Haunted House?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

So a guest asked me if I ever wanted to hit people. I laughed, that laugh of yessssssssss.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

[Disney voice][Disney smile][Disney attitude][Disney disposition]

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Ok, So what time is the 3:30 Parade of Dreams Start?
    Without any delays the Parade does start at 3:30 Sir/Ms. However, depending on where on the parade route you are, it could take up to 25 minutes for it to make it to your point. Please remember, people do start lining up approximately half an hour to the 3:30 start. For best viewing, I would suggest finding a place around 2:45 just in fount of the "it's a small world" line. You get a great shot of the Parade coming head on, and you get to see it pass you!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day at Disneyland Sir/Ms! =D

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Where do I buy a fastpass?
    Here at the Disneyland Resort it's free! =D Think about it as someone saving a place in line for you. Find any fastpass dock, slide your entry ticket in, and bam! You're ready to go, simply approach the CM at the fastpass line, and they'll take you the rest of the way. Oh Sir/Ms. Just keep in mind, you may only do this every two hours, or after your first ticket expires.

I hope you have a fantastic day here at Disneyland Sir/Ms! =)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Where is the Haunted House?
    Simply go up Main Street, take a left into Adventureland, walk straight on through you'll see huge tree at the end of Adventureland. Once you past under that, keep to your left up and over a bridge; of which to your left will see Pirates of the Caribbean. If you keep walking straight along the path, you'll see the illustrious Haunted Mansion just a head in the bright white, and striking green. Oh Sir/Ms! I believe the Master is dead happy on seeing guests. Simply ask one his Butlers or Maids the way to the Master's Gallery. Happy haunting, I mean hunting! Sorry, Freudian slip: where you say one thing and mean a mother... er another. You better get going for for my bad jokes do. Oh no, they've already started! (while walking away) Somebody stop me!

[/Disney voice]

Keep em coming! These tend to be the guests who don't want to show you they think they know it all. These questions also indicate a Guest who doesn't come often, or is there first time at the Disneyland resort. It is our job as a Cast Member to make situation into a Disney moment for everyone. No matter how bad the question might seem to us, to them it's legitimate and sincere; the last thing they need is a CM making them feel dumb by correcting them, pointing out their mistake, or smart mouthing them. Remember, we get paid for this, and I sure as heck don't know everything there is to know about Disney, so why should they?

Quote Originally Posted by surfbillab0ng View Post
    So a guest asked me if I ever wanted to hit people. I laughed, that laugh of yessssssssss.
    This would be a great time to show them that Disney attitude. Remember the Four Keys.

"You know, I'm here to make Magic, and for every guest who might appear difficult, there are a hundred who enjoy a simple smile. My personal favorite are the ones who stop and take the time to chat or ask a simple question such as yours. So, thank you =) Hey, I hope you have a great rest of your day here at Disneyland!"

So my question to CM's is this: How do you handle situations such as a misinformed question?
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 07-04-2008 at 12:26 PM.

• Showus your Larboard side

I've seen a lot of Attraction, Food service, Custodial and Talent on this forum but have not heard from Plumbers, Electrical, Carpenters and others from the trades. I am a Plumber and would be interested in pursuing a job at Disney. So I guess my question would be how do you go about getting a job at Disney in the trade and what is the turnover rate and any plus or minus to working at DLR?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post

Long answers

So my question to CM's is this: How do you handle situations such as a misinformed question?
    Streamline your answers!

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Streamline your answers!
    Are you kidding me, those are my 20-45 second answers! If I need to tack on an extra 15 seconds to get a smile I will =D

You don't want to hear the long ones. =P

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I haven't had many but I dunno, probably answer whatever the question is and the misinformed information will find it's way out I'm sure.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Where are the fireworks?

How do I get to the Magic Mountain from here?

Do you still have bathrooms here??

Please elaborate............

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Do you serve food in the park or do I have to go outside the park to eat?
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Where are the fireworks?
    I think I get asked this question the most. That and "Where is *insert character here*?". What I tell the "Where are the fireworks people?" sometimes, I say "In the sky behind the castle" and sometimes I give detailed info and good viewing spots, depending on what I'm doing at that moment. As for the "where is" question, I always get that past 6pm so I always have to be like "They are all resting for Fantasmic! But Mickey is in his house right over there, he's a busy mouse!". Y'know, the ol' routine.

One time a guest asked a character host if she ever put on the "mouse suit". I was mortified. She was funny, though. "YOU ARE CRAZY SIR, THIS MAN IS CRAZY!"

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Where are the fireworks?
    This might seem like a bad question, but a lot of time people really want to know where a good place is to see them. Also, a lot of time people aren't shore where they're being set off. I often hear CMs saying, they'll be in the sky, so you can see them. But I can tell you, if someone puts there son on their shoulders it sure does make them hard to see even though those fireworks are in the sky...

How do I get to the Magic Mountain from here?
    I would ask them to clarify, then if they're talking about Magic Mountain, take ball to the I-5 north, and it'll be on your left side in about 45 minutes. I don't care if people are asking where other parks are, those are the parks that make Disneyland look really good!

Do you still have bathrooms here??
    Again, sometimes questions don't come out the way people mean them to be. Though it's not going to make me look at them like someone left the light on and walked out. I would simply direct them to the nearest restroom, and wish them a wonderful day. Not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Do you serve food in the park or do I have to go outside the park to eat?
    In all honesty, Food isn't the first thing people think about when going to Disneyland, if you walk down Main Street there aren't huge signs which say "FOOD THIS WAY."

I would simply ask what kind of food their interested in eating, and directed to the nearest restaurant, or food bar/stand.

Yes I COULD have given a better answer. But I was practically throwing up and was unable to go home because I was closing lead and need money. My managers were also yelling at me to send people to the rest of my complex even though I ,myself, was screwed. Along with tonight. BOO 4th of July. Mann it was soo busy. Being in foods kinda sucks. Who agrees? Sometimes I want to go to stores.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast