Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Missing an Angel

And I'm supposed to make it on this??

OK, I've been with the company for 3 months now. In the beginning I was able to call in to pick up a shift and get pretty decent hours. I thought (and was told!) when summertime hit I would have no problem with hours. Well, summertime is here and I just looked at my schedule and I'm scheduled 12 1/2 hours next week! How do they expect me to happy to go to work for gas money? And what happened to them hours I was told I would get in the summertime? Once again I will bring up the College Program. They are getting all the hours even after being hired after me! I don't know if I can hang through this..... And it's a sad thing too. I LOVE working where I do. I LOVE the people I work with.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: And I'm supposed to make it on this??

Have you seen the crowd levels in the Park? Darkbeer's photo of the Wait Time Board at 1pm on a Sunday in July on the Monday Update should say it all.

Crowds are not coming this year. Have you seen airline fares right now? Gas prices? Residual rising of cost in pretty much everything?

Personally speaking, what would normally be $200 flights to WDW for my yearly trip in September/October is $400 right now. Yikes.

Anyways, yah... normally the summer is a very busy time with available hours up the wazoo, but they have to take care of their higher seniority people first. You have 3 months of seniority, so you're pretty much on the bottom of the barrel right now... that and the outrageous number of College Program people that they brought in that technically automatically have higher seniority then you and all the other CRs.

What's funny is that my department isn't really affected by crowd levels in the Parks, because we have set hours and we're off property... my number of hours actually went up since we brought on like 8 or so College Program kids, but now for the next two weeks I went down from 33.5 hours a week to 26.5. Ack. Looks like we ran out of our extra hours that we've built up over the fiscal year and need to fire sale before the end.

... but yah, this sucks for everyone right now.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Oops... double post.

• You Spin Me Right Round

Hmmm, I have 46 hours this week. But I think that is just my department.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I managed to wheel and deal to 40 hours last week with an 8 hour shift on the 4th (I originally had it off when I didn't ask for it off)... but they screwed up so horribly on my paycheck. Sigh.

Missing 4 hours of holiday pay, 21.75 hours of trainer pay, and 0.25 hours of overtime. Ugh.

The next two weeks are going to hurt. Darn College Program kids that are in the housing.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 07-07-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    Burnt Toast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    OK, I've been with the company for 3 months now. In the beginning I was able to call in to pick up a shift and get pretty decent hours. I thought (and was told!) when summertime hit I would have no problem with hours. Well, summertime is here and I just looked at my schedule and I'm scheduled 12 1/2 hours next week! How do they expect me to happy to go to work for gas money? And what happened to them hours I was told I would get in the summertime? Once again I will bring up the College Program. They are getting all the hours even after being hired after me! I don't know if I can hang through this..... And it's a sad thing too. I LOVE working where I do. I LOVE the people I work with.
    Dude, crowd levels bite. I'm RFT and I'm lucky if I can pick up 40. It's not the company but the demand. If not a lot of guest are going, the demand for more CM Hours just isn't there. Trust me, just stick it out. Pick up a second "Throw Away" job and apply for FT as soon as they offer it.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Hey PM, how's Fantasyland/Toontown going for ya?
    Burnt Toast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Hey PM, how's Fantasyland/Toontown going for ya?
    Loving it!!! Just made Cast Member Spotlight of the month and trying out to get on IASW Test and Adjustment team.
    PirateMunkee

I'm getting my hours I ahd 46 last week in Show Support however, I've been in the department for almost 10 months on the 20th, and with the resort for well over 2 years, so obviously that might have something to do with it. You have to understand that when you first hire into the resort, especially now, expect very low hours for the first few months.

-SPACE

• Mickey Mouse Slave

yeah, im getting around 45 hours a week. Ive been in the same department for 1 year 10 months though. You may want to ask if anyone wants their shift. I know some people dont even want their shifts in my department.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Loving it!!! Just made Cast Member Spotlight of the month and trying out to get on IASW Test and Adjustment team.
    Aw, I hope you get it! I want to but my seniority is... oh about a month and a half. Haha.

Hours are sucking, I'm not even working my attraction next week, almost all Fantasmic shifts!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    Aw, I hope you get it! I want to but my seniority is... oh about a month and a half. Haha.

Hours are sucking, I'm not even working my attraction next week, almost all Fantasmic shifts!
    Oops, I guess me cross training Toon Town took your Toon Town Hours from you. Just Kidding. I have Matterhorn all next week so I didn't take your hours. Plan on seeing me over at Toon Town a lot though. Making it my #1 preference during summer then after summer Matterhorn will become number 1 again. Why you ask? Well, Matterhorn doesn't have air conditioning but Toon Town does!!!
    PirateMunkee

If you don't know the ride, you can only get just plain cross-training.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    If you don't know the ride, you can only get just plain cross-training.
    I know but I can still try can't I?
    PirateMunkee

I know but I can still try can't I?
    Of course it's worth a shot, but they won't have any trouble staffing T&A with folks who already know it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast