• =)

Question Service area by Indy queue

Howdy, cast members! I've got a question for those of you who are familiar with the service area next to the Indy queue, behind the first Pirates show building. What I'd first greatly appreciate you doing is going to this photo I took from the railroad. (It's a big photo!) Scroll all the way to the right, please, and look about halfway down the image. There's a nice big stairwell used for access to these doors in the Indy queue and to the roof of the queue building.

My question is this: is there some sort of overhang beneath/next to the stairwell? When I look at the yellow light on the exterior wall of the Indy queue (right above the cables), there appears to be some sort of ledge or overhang--something shadowing that area. I think I might even be able to make out the top of this projection, a little ways lower than the roof of the main queue building. This thing seems to pass beneath the upper part of the stairwell, maybe even all the way to the wall where those doors are. If someone who's familiar with this area could just explain to me exactly what I'm seeing, I'd be much obliged. This projection doesn't show up in any of my blueprints, and although I've been back there once in real life, I didn't notice anything protruding from that wall.

Thanks so much in advance! That was the best photo I have of the mysterious protrusion, but if you need more shots to jog your memory, here are some: 1 2 3

And if any of you have been naughty and actually taken photos back there, I would be eternally indebted to you if they happened to somehow slip into my PM inbox.

• =)

Re: Service area by Indy queue

If I may quote a Pixar movie, "your stunned silence is very reassuring."

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    If I may quote a Pixar movie, "your stunned silence is very reassuring."
    From my amateur photo analysis, it looks like there are stairs heading up to a 'second floor' walkway. And that walkway extends out over the HPS wallpack light you are using as a reference point.

If I get by the park, I'll look - If you use the "Picket Fence Effect" and focus your attention on the stuff in the gaps, you can get a good look at the stuff behind the fence. (It's harder to explain than to do.)

You can get the same effect by shooting video and panning with the motion of the background - the foreground obstacles get motion blur and the background objects stay 'stationary' to the camera and can be made out easier.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• =)

Thanks, Bruce. What I do know is that those stairs go up to the roof level of the Indy queue building (which has that wall pack on its side), so there is indeed a walkway a little above the level of this apparent protrusion I'm talking about. But this thing doesn't seem to be connected to the walkway, as there does appear to be a railing between them. Here's a look at how it currently is set up in my model; I'm really wondering how correct that protrusion is. Heck, I wonder how accurate the whole thing is, but I'm pretty sure about most of what's there.

Anyway, thanks very much for the help, Bruce. I'm still extremely interested in hearing from cast members, y'all! We can speculate till we're blue in the face--and let me tell you, I really do enjoy it!--but it's always good to get the information from those who deal with it on a daily basis. Thanks so much in advance!