• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

New Attraction for DAK when Other Parks Get Theirs?

OK- Rumors galore: Monsters Inc Coaster for DHS, Little Mermaid for Magic Kingdom, New Imagination attraction for Epcot... But what's up for DAK?

I thnk Beastly Kingdom may be back on in some form or another- do you?

With all this talk of new attractions for each park BUT Animal Kingdom, I thought I'd post this great piece and where it came from.

Check it out- www.insightsandsounds.blogspot.com

Enjoy!
    Last edited by mark; 07-22-2008 at 07:13 AM.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Fortuosity!

Re: New Attraction for DAK when Other Parks Get Theirs?

Disney just spent a crap load of money on EE, FN:TM, and the Yak and Yeti restaurant. As far as I know that's it for new AK attractions for awhile since Disney doesn't want to spend more money on that park right now. I thought the nightime parade would be the new thing to get guests excited but apparently that's been canceled. The only thing I see Disney doing in the immediately future is replacing Pocahontas with another show. Beastly Kingdom is dead and that's that unfortunately.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    With all this talk of new attractions for each park BUT Animal Kingdom, I thought I'd post this great piece and where it came from.

Have you been to Animal Kingdom lately? IMO, it's in the best shape of any of the WDW parks. No old, stale attractions, consistent theming (minus Dinoland...) - I really have no major complaints at the current time. Of course, a decent parade would be nice, but I'm not a fan of any of the current WDW parades.

Expedition Everest just opened two years ago and cost a FORTUNE. This is definately the best ride at WDW and one of the best rides at Disney has ever built. It's been years since an E-ticket like this opened at WDW. Compared to recent WDW attractions: Seas With Nemo and Friends, Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, Stitch's Great Escape, TSMM, Expedition Everest is absolutely amazing. After 10 years, it really put AK on the map.

WDW really needs to focus on many other things...like updating Future World, improving Tomorrowland and MK in general, replacing stale DHS attractions. I really doubt that Disney would have even built EE the way the economy is today. *sigh*

• May the F=ma be with you

Let's think of a certain popular attraction at TDS that has a mythical creature. Now, picture that in a newly refurbished area of AK.

It's only a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post

WDW really needs to focus on many other things...like updating Future World, improving Tomorrowland and MK in general, replacing stale DHS attractions. I really doubt that Disney would have even built EE the way the economy is today. *sigh*
    Update Future World - Check

Update Tomorrowland - Check

Replacing stale DHS attractions (BLT, Star Tours, SS1) - Check

I'd say the future of WDW looks very bright.
    Last edited by WDW Monorail; 07-22-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by Angie_Duke View Post
    Disney just spent a crap load of money on EE, FN:TM, and the Yak and Yeti restaurant. As far as I know that's it for new AK attractions for awhile since Disney doesn't want to spend more money on that park right now.
    Yak & Yeti's construction costs shouldn't have any bearing on the construction of a new attraction. In fact, I'd figure Landry's paid for a lot of it.

I see no reason why after two years, Disney can't add a C or D Ticket to AK. They definately don't need another E-ticket for a couple more years but, why couldn't they help bolster their capacity with a small dark ride or flat ride?

Beastly Kingdom is dead and that's that unfortunately.
    Nothing is ever dead at WDI. The original plan is, yes, 99.9% dead but, the possibility still exisists for BK. Heck, Joe Rohde has made sure not to completely rule it out of the park's future.
    - Horizonsfan

• Defying gravity

Why did this thread get moved?

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Why did this thread get moved?

Because the OP had a link to his own website. Not sure that it required a move but, what ever.
    - Horizonsfan

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Good question...

Now back to my question- I THINK we still will get something for DAK, maybe Rivers of Light in place ofa concrete and steel attraction, but who knows?
    It seems with the 2011/2012 opening of attractions in the other three parks, that Disney would have something up their sleeve to market something new at all four. They seem to do this alot lately. Maybe an anouncement is coming in October.
    Mark

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

PS- I think folks like seeing concept art! But the "core" of my original post was different and relevant to the WDW discussion- I think.
    Mark