Secrets of the Mouse - book

Has anyone read Secrets of the Mouse: An Unofficial Behind-the-scenes Guide to Disneyland Park? It looked interesting, but I know that there are some books out there like this that claim to have interesting information and then list either incorrect or common-knowledge facts. So I just wanted to know if you all recommend this before I buy it.

Re: Secrets of the Mouse - book

bump

Hey henry,

I can't be entirely objective on this, as I wrote the book, but I can point you to a variety of reviews and resources about it so you can get more information before buying. Also, I can assure you that I did my best to include only facts that I found interesting or important, as well as implementing a rigorous fact-checking process to ensure that I was not including incorrect information.

So far, I have only been made aware of one factual inaccuracy. I referred to the roadside car statue in Autopia as being a depiction of a car from Junior Autopia, while it was actually a statue of a Midget Autopia car. This will be corrected in any future editions of the book, along with any other inaccuracies that are brought to my attention.

If you want to read more about the book, below are a few resources (sorry for the link spam, but I want to give you as much information as possible).
    http://micechat.com/book-reviews/secrets-of-the-mouse (MiceChat's review)
    http://disneygeek.com/library/view_entry.php?id=150 (Disneygeek's review)
    http://cinemazement.com/blog/?p=8995 (Mr. Mickeyman's review, complete with pictures)

I would love to answer any other questions people have about the book. It was incredibly fun and exciting to put it together, and I hope its readers can share in that experience.

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to be cautious, because I have read some pretty bad reviews about Disneyland books regarding the facts. I just ordered it off amazon!

Thanks for the order and glad I could help! Let me know what you think of it if you get a chance.