• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Food and Wine Festival 2009

Mouseplanet has posted the 2009 Food and Wine Festival events on their page this morning:

Registration opens for Disney's California Food and Wine Festival

Tickets for the Signature Events of Disney’s California Food and Wine Festival go on sale starting Tuesday, February 24th. MousePlanet's Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix posted updated schedules and pricing information for most of the events in her MousePlanet blog last Friday (link), and we are waiting for Disney to release the final details about the remaining events.

Several events are new for 2009, including:
    • Behind the Scenes with... – Q&A sessions hosted by Chef Jamie Gwen
    • Sweet Sundays – featuring nationally-known bakers and chocolatiers
    • World Celebration Dinners – each dedicated to a single country
    • Festival Wine Walks
    • Advanced Wine Class – the much-requested event with Master Sommelier Michael Jordan
    Returning events include:
    • Taste: Food-Wine-Life – to be presented on two consecutive nights
    • Festival Wine Receptions – at the Golden Vine Winery
    • Winemaker Dinners – at the Disneyland Hotel's Steakhouse 55
    • Introduction to Wine Tasting – with Michael Jordan
    • Napa Rose Cooking School – the popular class with Executive Chef Andrew Sutton
    The 2009 Festival runs daily, April 24 to June 7, 2009. Online registration starts Wednesday February 24, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. on the event Web site (link). Once you've booked your event(s), join the talk on our MousePad discussion boards to find other MousePlanet readers who are attending the same event (link).
    Last edited by pixie chick; 02-23-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Removed link

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Re: Food and Wine Festival 2009

Im am definetley going to sweet sundays...anything that is going to have chocolate I'll be there!!
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Since the Fortune Cookie is under construction...some events will take place at the Sunshine Plaza. Also, if you want to see this next year, please support it. CMs were told that if this years F&W doesn't pay for itself, it wont return next year.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

And...

Food and Wine Festival at Disney's California Adventure - April 24 through June 7

I went last year with a wonderful group of MiceChatters! It was the best time! Sure the wine was nice, the snacks were good but the best part of all was being there with other MiceChatters/Friends and spending the evening hanging out in a relaxed atmosphere and being able just chill and enjoy! I have other obligations this year, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to come down to attend any of this years events with my fellow MiceChatters, but if any of the rest of you can, I heartily suggest it! Its a wonderful way to spend some time!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    ...CMs were told that if this years F&W doesn't pay for itself, it wont return next year.
    Well if this year's event isn't considered "successful", management might want to ask themselves why this event is so successful in Florida.

I will NEVER understand why the Food and Wine Festival wasn't initiated in the very first year of DCA. With the hugely successful Epcot model, this event is a no-brainer. If the management in California can't get it right, they only have themselves to blame - certainly not the consumer.
    Rick