Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PETITION to bring jack sparrow BACK!

i have posted allready on disboards. for those who havent read it, i am forming a petition to bring back captain jack sparrow! for info on how this conspired, you can go to the link at the bottom. if you would like to petition with me, PM me your name, dont have to write the full last name, an initial is fine if you dont wanna disclose too much info, you city and state, or just a state if, again, you dont wanna disclose too much, and your number of visits to DL, lets show them our loyal customers and voice our opinions! i love captain jack, ALLL my nephews love him, we want him back! i think he is one of the most diverse and neatest characters there. help us out!

here is the linkcaptain jack sparrow character? - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 08-11-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Link to other Disney Forum removed.

• Banned User

Re: PETITION to bring jack sparrow BACK!

I wouldn't mind if that entire franchise was eliminated from the park actually.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Sorry, I believe Disney made the right choice. You can count me as another who would be happy if the entire franchise left.

• Banned User

wait. when and why did he leave?

• Sock Puppet

I would imagine that he'll make his return about the time the next Pirates movie comes out...

Ditto on all. I'm glad the Pirates oversaturation is finally dieing out in the park. Captain Jack will probably make a return when the next film comes out, but an online petition will not hurry or change that process by any means (see: it's a small world).

• Cherry Tart

If anything, I would petition to bring him back just so the cast members can get more hours. Poor guys are just getting cut left and right. =(

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

uhh...no.
    I adore the films, I adore the character, I tolerated the character at the park. But it's gone and it was past time. As others have stated, I'm sure there will be a return when the next film is released.
    The popularity waned, the park didn't think it was worth the cost...so there's no more Jack. Read the story from the June 2008 Los Angeles magazine written by former Jack CM. It's also a good insight into some of the stuff the Jacks had to go through.
    June 2008 - Pirate?s Booty - Los Angeles Magazine

No, I'd rather see any money and energy Disney has put into doing some more "Black Cauldron" meet and greets.

• Queen Elsa

I for one am not a really into this Pirate stuff I fine it boarding. I got his picture once and that's it for me. So I think your petition well not go thew sorry.

• sleepy lagoon

As much as I love Captain Jack Sparrow, I am not a big fan of the character in the park. He kind of creeps me out... but I am sure that he will make a return when PoTC 4 debuts.

wow im so disappointed at how many people dont like him on THIS board, cause many do anywhere else. suppose thats why i dont come here. farewell.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by ashpinoza View Post
    wow im so disappointed at how many people dont like him on THIS board, cause many do anywhere else. suppose thats why i dont come here. farewell.
    Shame we shall miss out on your witty posts!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashpinoza View Post
    I don't mind the character, it gives somebody a job, but just like a good majority of people on here some of us are just tired of seeing Pirates stuff invade the nostalgic parts of Disneyland.

And if you don't come here because our opinions and views differ from yours than good luck on other boards!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

hmmm, wonder why this in the outpost, so soon?!?!?!?

I would love to see Captain Jack back in DL. One of the best characters in DL history, as a meet and greet, and of course one of the best characters ever, in any Disney movie! With such an overload of the perpetual animated characters, and overload of animated character ridden attractions, it is GREAT that Disney FINALLY has at least ONE new live action character to add!

Now, there is definitely a MAJOR issue with Disney merchandiing blowing it all, on just one or two things. Sure DL was expected to take advantage of the success of the highly successful Pirates movies, BUT Merchandising BLEW it by placing Pirate CRAP everywhere. They really need to back off these merchandise overload. Pirates of the C merchadise Doesn't belong in tommorrowland, Doesn't belong in Frontierland or Fantasyland or Toontown, and should have been extremely limited in Adventureland. And None of it should have been in DCA.

As for the Princess overload - ugggh, the worst case example "Pirate Princess" - just fire the crew who dared to suggest that!

And then they hit the guests over the head with both Pirates Island and the makeover of the attraction itself. Oh, almost forgot the Bootstrapper. Yeah, Pirate overload. Sometime "Moderation" is good, Disney! Variety is Good, too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast