• www.JonAutopsy.com

Lightbulb Looking for "steampunk" items!!

Hey, all. I'm currently on the look-out for items that I can use for a steampunk-inspired costume. Here's a few things I'm searching for...

-> Old clocks (preferably ones that dont work anymore since I need the inner workings like gears, clock hands, etc).

-> Old typewriter keys (more specifically the rounded ones with the glassy tops).

-> Old gauges (oil pressure, water, etc. Anything that's an older looking gauge of some sort).

-> Any kind of old mechanical part, especially if it has a rustic look (or even if it has actual rust on it). Nothing too big, though.

-> Anything else you think might look cool on a steampunk costume.

I'm sure some of you probably have this stuff just sitting in your garage collecting dust so if you'd be happy to get rid of it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. If there's a price tag on it, I'd still like to take a look and may be willing to pay if I like the item enough. I just figured I'd look on here before attempting multiple bidding wars on eBay.

Thanks for the help!

P.S. By the way, everyone will definitely get a look at the finished product and anyone who helps out will DEFINITELY be getting recognition for their assistance
    Last edited by Jon Autopsy; 05-11-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Looking for "steampunk" gear!!

Have you checked out thrift stores, yard sales or swap meets? Thats where I've started looking. Swap meets and yard sales are usually pretty inexpensive, but hit and miss with finding what you want. Myself I'm looking for a top hat or a riding hat and an old top coat with tales (super large size) super cheap since I want to make major alterations on it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

There's a big block wide yard sale next Saturday near my place that I'm actually dragging a couple friends to. Hopefully I'll be able to find everything I need there.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Cake Anyone?

And don't forget craigslist.org!
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    There's a big block wide yard sale next Saturday near my place that I'm actually dragging a couple friends to. Hopefully I'll be able to find everything I need there.
    I know that typewriters and the keys can be found at antique stores. I see them all the time!

Oh, and since you live in Orange C., there's an awesome swampmeet in Irvine at the community college and down home antiques and country roads antiques in Orange has an awesome collection of stuff.....