Talking Swarovski Mickey ears thoughts?

Hey everyone!!!!

I have been reading the forums for a very long time and have decided to start posting !!!!

I have Mickey Ears that I did with Swarovski Crystals and I always have them on when I go to disney . Every one always asked me where I got them from and they would love to buy them.

Long story short my job has been missing in action and I have had lots of time on my hands so i decided to start selling them!! ( need to make money for the bills !!!)

I have also thought of making business cards when I go to disney but I don't want to get in trouble by Disney!!

Swarovski Mickey Ears Hat - eBay (item 250766296245 end time Feb-09-11 16:49:02 PST)

Please let me know what you guys think about the post and price !! ( i even made a you tube video!!!) my first one!!!

Thank you all !!!

• Always Dreaming

Re: Swarovski Mickey ears thoughts?

If it's on a small scale (like, selling on etsy), I don't think Disney will notice or care. But if you start handing out business cards in the park, or start selling them on a larger scale, they might get upset, since it is technically copyright infringement (I think?).
    If anything, ask at City Hall if you can do so before doing it?
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

Quote Originally Posted by aurorahermione View Post
    If it's on a small scale (like, selling on etsy), I don't think Disney will notice or care. But if you start handing out business cards in the park, or start selling them on a larger scale, they might get upset, since it is technically copyright infringement (I think?).
    If anything, ask at City Hall if you can do so before doing it?
    I don't believe that this is copyright infringement. Its not like they are making the mouse ears, they are only customizing it. Its no different than people getting the blank Vinylmation figures and doing custom designs on them.

• Shifting cargo

I simply love Swarovski and my obsession with them started 7 years ago. I have yet to get anything with Swarovski crystals on it, though. That's a very cool hat!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Always Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    I don't believe that this is copyright infringement. Its not like they are making the mouse ears, they are only customizing it. Its no different than people getting the blank Vinylmation figures and doing custom designs on them.
    I may have phrased it wrong... what I mean is, if she's making money on a large scale off of something that is owned by Disney (in this case, the ears), it may cause trouble? Like I said, on a small scale, which is what she seems to be doing now, I don't think it would be a problem, I just wouldn't want her to get sued by Disney, ya know?
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kadybaby View Post
    Hey everyone!!!!

I have been reading the forums for a very long time and have decided to start posting !!!!

I have Mickey Ears that I did with Swarovski Crystals and I always have them on when I go to disney . Every one always asked me where I got them from and they would love to buy them.

Long story short my job has been missing in action and I have had lots of time on my hands so i decided to start selling them!! ( need to make money for the bills !!!)

I have also thought of making business cards when I go to disney but I don't want to get in trouble by Disney!!

Swarovski Mickey Ears Hat - eBay (item 250766296245 end time Feb-09-11 16:49:02 PST)

Please let me know what you guys think about the post and price !! ( i even made a you tube video!!!) my first one!!!

Thank you all !!!

If your buying the hats from Disney and reselling them
    I'm sure Disney will want a piece of the action.
    If your making the hats and they don't totally resemble their classic icon,
    you MIGHT be fine.

In other words,
    Not sure Disney likes people making money off their name. The only people they want making money is them. Also, they want to protect their image too (what your doing isn't damaging it...just giving it sparkle).

If you were doing friends hats and "upgrading" them (getting the cost of the crystals) you should have no problems at all.

Your best best.
    Contact Disney.
    Show them what you are doing.
    Get written permission from them to go on a larger scale (not for friends/family).
    This will protect you and also keep you in the good graces of Disney.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 01-31-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

If you aren't a licensed reseller, can potentially get into a lil trouble for making a profit on Disney merch, so, tread carefully.

Edit:

Also... holy crap, $200? Well, definitely Disney prices.
    Last edited by noleafclover1980; 01-31-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    If your buying the hats from Disney and reselling them
    I'm sure Disney will want a piece of the action.
    Disney is getting a piece of the action. They are buying the hats from Disney and simply customizing them. Disney gets the original cost of the ears. I am not sure why Disney should want or expect anything else. Someone is just customizing the ears. Its not like they are creating something new. Again, no different than Vinylmation customs.

Thanks every one!!!